nedm

Pembroke, MA

#61 Jan 7, 2013
Bird I wouldn't take anything of the job that seriously. Don't let them think that you are defeated. Think about it this way. If everything was fine then they wouldn't need all the management now would they?

I had a manager that would make out a list of things. Say 1 to 5. If you only get to 1-3 then 4 and 5 become 1 and 2 tomorrow.

There's no hurrying or rushing needed. The product will still be there, the call buttons can be tested to lower the numbers, customer complaints can be disreguarded. Namaste
Bird

Farmington, MI

#62 Jan 7, 2013
Believe me, I am beyond not taking things seriously. But, I also do not like to hear a group of people that are actually hindering our performance question our performance and work ethic. It does piss me off when I hear that, no matter whether it involves me or not. I have stood up against management for my fellow employees when I see this happening. Nobody is perfect, and, nobody can give 110% every day. None of us are without fault. But, it is far from acceptable for Corporate to insult the work ethic, the intelligence, and the values of myself and my co-workers, many of which are my friends, while 90% of what goes wrong during the day is not their fault.
Charleen

Mooresville, NC

#63 Jan 7, 2013
Nobody can give 100%--we're not superhuman...not even mgmt.
Charleen

Mooresville, NC

#64 Jan 7, 2013
Charleen wrote:
Nobody can give 100%--we're not superhuman...not even mgmt.
meant 110%.
nedm

Pembroke, MA

#65 Jan 7, 2013
When it comes down to it the performance of the company is largely based on corporates actions.

Who decides where stores are?

Who decides the stores budget?

Who decides much of the product lines?

Who airs commercials?

Who created the website?

Who created Genesis (not Sega!)

Line after line after line it is corporate pure and simple.

If lowes was a franchise or a co-op then sure you could blame others but not the way it is structured today.

If employees have little power to do anything then frankly they cannot be responsible for what they cannot control!
SMA

Coplay, PA

#66 Jan 7, 2013
nedm wrote:
When it comes down to it the performance of the company is largely based on corporates actions.
Who decides where stores are?
Who decides the stores budget?
Who decides much of the product lines?
Who airs commercials?
Who created the website?
Who created Genesis (not Sega!)
Line after line after line it is corporate pure and simple.
If lowes was a franchise or a co-op then sure you could blame others but not the way it is structured today.
If employees have little power to do anything then frankly they cannot be responsible for what they cannot control!
I know the usual nedm haters will make fun of this post. But he is correct. In a top down managed company, it's corporate's fault for turning out less than stellar programs, systems. policies, training, merchandising, logistics, etc.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#67 Jan 7, 2013
Even a blind fox finds a chicken once in a while.
SMA

Coplay, PA

#68 Jan 7, 2013
And before that blowhard DMxMD starts spewing his corporate talking points about a "failure to execute the programs", if the the programs are abortions from inception, then it's not an "execution problem".

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#69 Jan 7, 2013
If they suck, don't execute them. Work with your market director to change them.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#70 Jan 7, 2013
lanman wrote:
<quoted text>I'm the number one salesman at more store. I've been there 5 years. I threw my back out and missed a few days with a doctors note and my kids had h1n1 so I used my earned sick days too quickly and had doctors notes and got fired. Fuck lowes!!!!!
That's crazy! My son had an emergency appendectomy in Jan of last year, then he had emergency surgery to have gall bladder removed and then my youngest son was hospitalized for his asthma in October and my husband used his earned sick days and it was never held against him. He did apply for fmla in 2 of those cases so maybe that's why?
pardon me

Coplay, PA

#71 Jan 8, 2013
Mykids04 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's crazy! My son had an emergency appendectomy in Jan of last year, then he had emergency surgery to have gall bladder removed and then my youngest son was hospitalized for his asthma in October and my husband used his earned sick days and it was never held against him. He did apply for fmla in 2 of those cases so maybe that's why?
Lowe's loves you until you have to miss work for any reason. They will feign concern until it affects coverage. Most businesses are like that, retail and fast food being the worst.
lie

Mooresville, NC

#72 Jan 8, 2013
that's a lie. Not true, they cannot hold it against you. Your facts are wrong.
SMA

Coplay, PA

#73 Jan 8, 2013
lie wrote:
that's a lie. Not true, they cannot hold it against you. Your facts are wrong.
Tell them you need to take a month off to care for a sick family and see what happens.
Dear SMA

Mooresville, NC

#74 Jan 8, 2013
You can only take "sick time" for yourself. If I needed to care for my family I can take a leave of abscense and then probably not have a job, that's my choice. They let me take off many days last year for surgeries. You can't have the world. Stop your freakin' whining. Holy cow.
Dear SMA

Mooresville, NC

#75 Jan 8, 2013
and P.S. You don't seem to be very educated. And P.S. I'm not sticking up for this company, just giving you facts.
Devils Fan

West Columbia, SC

#76 Jan 8, 2013
File suit against Lowes. Per their own policy they have to hold a position for you when you return. Not the position that you had but they must keep a position. This was a topic on Connections recently and even other HRs chimed in and pointed the facts out. Even if you were let go still file suit because you will win! Lowes has some pretty fucking stupid lawyers because they usually lose all suits.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#77 Jan 8, 2013
Dear SMA wrote:
and P.S. You don't seem to be very educated. And P.S. I'm not sticking up for this company, just giving you facts.
Not true. You can apply for FMLA to care for yourself or sick family members and Lowes has to hold your job for you for up to 12 weeks I believe. That's how my husband was able to keep taking time off for our sons surgeries and hospitalizations as well as his. He had to call into liberty mutual and get all the paperwork done but its not true that you can't take sick time for family members.
Simple

Jacksonville, FL

#78 Jan 8, 2013
I have 5 associates on FMLA and they pretty much come and go as they please. I am not sure what happened to the above person or that it was handled per Lowes policy. You can file for FMLA as long as you qualify.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#79 Jan 9, 2013
On freight days if I was scheduled for 6:30 am I would come in at 6:00 so I could get a jump on freight and IRP-not anymore, I will go in at my scheduled time-managers are responsible to adequately staff the place. If they are looking for red boxes on my time sheet they won't find any. I am not going to give them a reason to write me up-even if coming in early benefits Lowes--it appears they don't look at the positive on coming in early-only the negative.
Dear SMA

Mooresville, NC

#80 Jan 9, 2013
Oh, I forgot about the FMLA .. so, yes, I don't get all the "we can't stuff" ... why does everyone think I'm mean and nuts? Well, I am, but please get your facts instead of posting BS....oh no, was that mean, too. hahahahaha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowes Companies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Offended by mandatory health screenings. 39 min 70vetteman 29
How to become blue vest ASM 1 hr whydotheydothis 4
I love my position on the weekday team.. 13 hr CSAII 11
18 year Lowes employee stops theft, gets fired! (Oct '13) 19 hr Harold 26
9/17/14: Niblock Unloads 313,527 Shares of LOW ... Thu CharlotteGirl 3
coordinator Wed charlie Chapman 19
Flying bugs in yard that burrow holes (Apr '12) Tue ISLG CSA 8
•••

Lowes Companies People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE