Lowes Attendance Terminations Have Begun

Lowes Attendance Terminations Have Begun

Posted in the Lowes Companies Forum

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
JuMangee

Alamogordo, NM

#1 Feb 27, 2012
Employees at my store have seen the beginnings of attendance terminations. One today and the rumors are that it,s just the beginning for thos who have been previously warned.
With the new Kronos, if your schedule has to be changed you better have a manager change it in Kronos or you will be subject to diciplinary or actions of termination. Just a little belt tightening to pad the pockets at the top. Ya better come down that ladder the right way, better not move a machine without an escort and you better make your sales goals or its just gonna be hell.
partofthesolutio n

United States

#2 Feb 27, 2012
JuMangee wrote:
Employees at my store have seen the beginnings of attendance terminations. One today and the rumors are that it,s just the beginning for thos who have been previously warned.
With the new Kronos, if your schedule has to be changed you better have a manager change it in Kronos or you will be subject to diciplinary or actions of termination. Just a little belt tightening to pad the pockets at the top. Ya better come down that ladder the right way, better not move a machine without an escort and you better make your sales goals or its just gonna be hell.
As it should be.... Why should it be ok for any of those things to not be in 100% compliance 100% of the time? It has nothing to do with padding pockets.... It's about having the right people doing the right things. 1 person gets fired for attendance and you start a forum about it? You can't be fired for one attendance infraction, so the person who got fired had to have had quite a few infractions other than a manager not putting their schedule change in kronos the right way.
Livingthedream

Mooresville, NC

#3 Feb 27, 2012
partofthesolution wrote:
<quoted text>
As it should be.... Why should it be ok for any of those things to not be in 100% compliance 100% of the time? It has nothing to do with padding pockets.... It's about having the right people doing the right things. 1 person gets fired for attendance and you start a forum about it? You can't be fired for one attendance infraction, so the person who got fired had to have had quite a few infractions other than a manager not putting their schedule change in kronos the right way.
Don't you know it is everyone fault but MINE!(Cup cake generation as I call them)
partofthesolutio n

Fort Wayne, IN

#4 Feb 27, 2012
Yup, one person loses their job, for a very legitimate reason mind you, and its a witch hunt... These cupcakes, as you call them, I like that, need training to know that they're supposed to come to work, on time, everyday. Ridiculous.
OhNoHeDidnt

Lakewood, OH

#5 Feb 27, 2012
It has to be tough to have the mindset of an entitled child in the work place with adults actually holding them accountable.
partofthesolutio n

Fort Wayne, IN

#6 Feb 27, 2012
OhNoHeDidnt wrote:
It has to be tough to have the mindset of an entitled child in the work place with adults actually holding them accountable.
And the worst part is, they don't realize their apathy and piss poor attitude towards customer service is part of the reason there are needs for cuts.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#7 Feb 27, 2012
Whew! Grouchy people in this thread:)
partofthesolutio n

Fort Wayne, IN

#8 Feb 27, 2012
Spec too wrote:
Whew! Grouchy people in this thread:)
Lol, sorry, just work in a store, hell, a market, where I know there were tons of lost sales, due to quite a few people who viewed customers as an interruption to their downstocking, reset, or 15 minute break, rather than an opportunity to increase sales for the store and drive ssei. Frustrating.
LifeR

United States

#9 Feb 27, 2012
JuMangee wrote:
Employees at my store have seen the beginnings of attendance terminations. One today and the rumors are that it,s just the beginning for thos who have been previously warned.
With the new Kronos, if your schedule has to be changed you better have a manager change it in Kronos or you will be subject to diciplinary or actions of termination. Just a little belt tightening to pad the pockets at the top. Ya better come down that ladder the right way, better not move a machine without an escort and you better make your sales goals or its just gonna be hell.
Uhhhh... You mean you have to do your job!!?? Weird...
Radar

Pierceton, IN

#10 Feb 28, 2012
JuMangee wrote:
Employees at my store have seen the beginnings of attendance terminations. One today and the rumors are that it,s just the beginning for thos who have been previously warned.
With the new Kronos, if your schedule has to be changed you better have a manager change it in Kronos or you will be subject to diciplinary or actions of termination. Just a little belt tightening to pad the pockets at the top. Ya better come down that ladder the right way, better not move a machine without an escort and you better make your sales goals or its just gonna be hell.
If we value our jobs and Lowes' viability, each one of us needs to take personal responsiblity - that means good attendance, making the best use of the time Lowes is paying us for, following the safety rules and providing great service. I look forward to each day at work, but the biggest drag on me is not the proverbial "irate customer". Its finding that three cashiers called in sick, so sales are lost while others staff the registers. Or that some people would rather talk fantasy football in the breakroom, after they've taken 15, while call buttons go off. Or staff walking by customers, rather than asking if they need help. Lowes provides great benefits and pretty good pay in a tough economy, and weeding out the slackers is absolutely needed to survive. No hard feelings...that's just reality.
LostInLOWESland

Tallahassee, FL

#11 Feb 28, 2012
Radar wrote:
<quoted text>
If we value our jobs and Lowes' viability, each one of us needs to take personal responsiblity - that means good attendance, making the best use of the time Lowes is paying us for, following the safety rules and providing great service. I look forward to each day at work, but the biggest drag on me is not the proverbial "irate customer". Its finding that three cashiers called in sick, so sales are lost while others staff the registers. Or that some people would rather talk fantasy football in the breakroom, after they've taken 15, while call buttons go off. Or staff walking by customers, rather than asking if they need help. Lowes provides great benefits and pretty good pay in a tough economy, and weeding out the slackers is absolutely needed to survive. No hard feelings...that's just reality.
I agree the slackers do need to be weeded out, but at my store, management defines the slacker as the ones they don't like. Two people could both have the same number of chronus lates, but some how the one they don't like is documented and their little favorites lates just seem to slip through the cracks. just sayin!
NEDM

Pembroke, MA

#12 Feb 28, 2012
Call buttons should be removed as much of the time they can be "tested" out. Heck at my old store the ladders one was accidently torn down and corporate didn't ask as to why it has never been pressed since!...and that was at least 4 or so years ago!

If someone calls out sick..well they are sick, can't prevent that. If you don't want that to happen just lower the amount of sick time offered. I know people with maybe six or so months of six time that they'll never really use. Even in other industries and sectors I've seen this. Lowes could make some money if they allowed some to cash it out at say 40% rather than have people take it a bit at a time at the full rate.

Lowes does not give good pay and bennies. The state government here gives out the same health plan to anyone. The dental plan wasn't accepted by my dentist. There are better stocks out there and everyone can get 10% by getting that coupon at any post office in the country. I know of much better retailers that give better bennies and pay.
cool dude

Bucyrus, OH

#13 Feb 28, 2012
I see that upper management has dispatched the cheerleaders to try to quell the disquiet on topix and sites like it since if you speak your mind on connections, you will be called to the office.

Ok, there is a big difference between slackers(we all can name a few in each store) and people who have been kronos screwed(lowes scheduling and attendance tracker).

For example:

Say you are scheduled a mid shift at 10-7, but closer has already called off. Management calls you at home and asks if you can work 1-10 instead. Unless they change the schedule in Kronos, which many don't even know how, you will show as 3 HOURS LATE! Stuff like this happens all the time, trust me.

On paper you will look like a slacker! And then say the week after that some one bumps you at a traffic light and you have a fender bender on the way to work....LATE again. Now you are looking like a super slacker. You will have no leg to stand on and will be fired.

Moral of the story..CYA!! If you make more that minimum wage there IS a target on your back.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#14 Feb 28, 2012
It is awesome to see people get upset about the new Kronos system. But the only person someone should blame is theirselves. If you can't get to work on time which is very simple than that's your problem if you get terminated.
NEDM

Bridgewater, MA

#15 Feb 28, 2012
Can't change a schedual without them getting your approval. It is policy. It was listed in staffworks years ago.

It isn't a matter of getting to work on time it is a matter of ethics. HD near me changed scheduals when people were out to fire them. I know of at least three people fired this way from them.

At lowes I know a dept manager who was off friday and sat and working sunday. Friday they changed it for him to be on saturday and not come in sunday. Sunday he shows up and the shit hit the fan.

I can get the link to the jpeg that shows it is policy not to change later today.

Remember the biggest thing is to standup. Lowes doesn't have standards for management. There are no degrees required, no experience required and no employee training/competency tests.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#16 Feb 28, 2012
partofthesolution wrote:
<quoted text>
And the worst part is, they don't realize their apathy and piss poor attitude towards customer service is part of the reason there are needs for cuts.
Really??? If it wasn't for the floor people management would not get their bonuses. Yes, there are poor performing employees on the floor but whose fault is that--Managements, that is who. Management in our store does not hold people accountable for the right things. We do not get held accountable to do zone recovery-ever DM who close in a dept don't do zone recovery, they allow people to stand around or walk around. I have seen delivery people walking around the store with nothing to do (I have asked them), I have seen other support people walking around complaining about nothing to do. That is the fault of management-they should be making sure that they are utilizing their people-keeping them busy. If you want to work hard or not work hard-you get the same response from Management---nothing.

Store management is responsible if they have slackers-nobody else. Store managers are too busy doing the non-valued tasks that corporate wants done to effectively manage their employees. And, you don't have to be a dink to effectively manage your employees.
NEDM

Bridgewater, MA

#17 Feb 28, 2012
Ask and ye shall find
www.flickr.com/photos/29954672 @N07/2803942873/lightbox/
Cannot change a schedule once it is up.
to note it is not the corporation that hires people but store level people. I've seen a cashier hired that couldn't stand for more than 10 minutes (supposedly she came out of a half way house). HR said that people failed the drug test and they couldn't be hired..huh?
I even knew a guy that would clock in and leave for hours at a time..another was even worse and clocked in..left..came back and clocked out. He did that for a month. Where'd he go?...Sears where he did the same damn thing. He ended up getting four paychecks from two different chains...
Steve

Grand Rapids, MI

#18 Feb 28, 2012
cool dude wrote:
For example:
Say you are scheduled a mid shift at 10-7, but closer has already called off. Management calls you at home and asks if you can work 1-10 instead. Unless they change the schedule in Kronos, which many don't even know how, you will show as 3 HOURS LATE! Stuff like this happens all the time, trust me.
Moral of the story..CYA!! If you make more that minimum wage there IS a target on your back.
Easy to fix !
Each shift when it asks you to approve,just do a mispunch and state that xyz ASM asked you to come in late to cover a call off.
This can be cross checked and you will not be docked as late.
MOONDOG

Mooresville, NC

#19 Feb 28, 2012
You got that right. My ASM asks ME how to read the shedule and make changes and I am a CSA III !! They need you to change to accomodate coverage, but can't ,or won't make the change in Kronos. I am e/m H.R. EVERY time there is any change!!
Bilbo Teabaggins

United States

#20 Feb 28, 2012
cool dude wrote:
I see that upper management has dispatched the cheerleaders to try to quell the disquiet on topix and sites like it since if you speak your mind on connections, you will be called to the office.
Ok, there is a big difference between slackers(we all can name a few in each store) and people who have been kronos screwed(lowes scheduling and attendance tracker).
For example:
Say you are scheduled a mid shift at 10-7, but closer has already called off. Management calls you at home and asks if you can work 1-10 instead. Unless they change the schedule in Kronos, which many don't even know how, you will show as 3 HOURS LATE! Stuff like this happens all the time, trust me.
On paper you will look like a slacker! And then say the week after that some one bumps you at a traffic light and you have a fender bender on the way to work....LATE again. Now you are looking like a super slacker. You will have no leg to stand on and will be fired.
Moral of the story..CYA!! If you make more that minimum wage there IS a target on your back.
First of all, you say what you want on Connections. It's there exactly for that. If a manager pulls you back to the office for things said on there then report to the higher ups. Now if you go on Connections and call Niblock everything but a white man then yea, you'LLC get your nuts smacked.
Second. If you change scheduled hours but Kronos shows otherwise just simply put a note or reject hours when punching out for lunch the next day. As far as management WANTING to get rid of you for being late here and there (and I don't mean late every other day) then they're an asshat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowes Companies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do Lowe's Store Managers report to? 19 hr Yeah Right 3
Lowes pilot program in east coast to eliminate ... (Oct '15) 23 hr Toolittle 1,076
Later and Later closings Mon Betty 2
Robots to replace retail workers at Target Sun ex customer 5
dm upfront just got the hr job at my store Sun Betty 4
DUI's (Dec '14) Apr 27 Homer sucks 7
Pay raises maxed out Apr 26 More of the same 8
More from around the web