So Where are these super low appliance prices??

Posted in the Lowes Companies Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15

Since: Mar 12

Duxbury, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2012

Judged:

Just asking, when corporated decided they where going to take away commission and spiffs from everyone, they told us we would have super low appliance prices as well as other items in the store. Funny the prices on appliances are the highest we have seen them in a very long time.
greedy bastrd

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2012

Judged:

the idea is to increase margin. those savings aren't going to be passed along to anyone other than the greedy bastards at the top. they'll be no trickle down economics.
Bird

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2012

Judged:

I noticed something funny about prices, especially on the cheaper appliances, going up quite a bit just a few weeks before they ended the commissions/spiffs. About a week or so after they ended the commission program, the prices dropped back down again to normal levels with a new lower price tag on them. Just a ploy to make it look like this was lowering the prices? I think maybe so.

Notice the same thing with 10% off sales now. Just before they start, the prices are raised, and either the day before the sale starts, or the day it starts, the prices are dropped down to normal levels again with new lower price signage fixed above them. Only thing is, now there is fine print excluding "New Lower Price" items from the 10% off sale. So they are raising prices before the sale, dropping them down before it and calling it a "new lower price" to make people think they are lowering prices, then they are excluding those items from the sale. So essentially, people are being tricked into paying full price for something during a sale period. Awful tricky and underhanded way of doing business don't you think?
nedm

Pembroke, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

Bird yeah that can happen to a degree. Any time a store says something is on "sale" well sale compared to what. Long ago there was a chain called Lechmere that had sales but it was the same prices as everywhere else. They often claimed msrp was 50% higher than it really was. This is one reason why online shopping is getting more preferred.

Since: Mar 12

Plantsville, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

take a walk into flooring and kitchens. All those went up too

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

nedm wrote:
Bird yeah that can happen to a degree. Any time a store says something is on "sale" well sale compared to what. Long ago there was a chain called Lechmere that had sales but it was the same prices as everywhere else. They often claimed msrp was 50% higher than it really was. This is one reason why online shopping is getting more preferred.
I still have a mini-fridge that I bought at Lechmere's, thing still works like a champ.
PDJ

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2012

They told all of us the money from spiffs was going to the bottom line. They did not hide that in our meeting. As a matter of fact we all saw the pricing go out.
Lowes lies!

North Richland Hills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2012

After spiffs went away I noticed our gas cans all went up $6. A 5 gallon gas can went from $12 to $18. You can buy the same can at Walmart for $9.88. Same can same company that produces them for both stores. And the customers are buying the $18 cans. Ridiculous !
zal front load

Derby, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

LIES, LIES, LIES. Unfortunately all the things that i onced believed about the business world are proving to be false. I feel foolishly naive and quite stupid. I still will believe in conservative values.....real conservative values not the greed that people erroneously associate with conservatism.
Of course they lied to us and yes appliance prices are higher now. They wanted to take away spiffs and commissions to pad the bottom line and prop up the stock price. Its painfully obvious that they will continue to implement futher changes and push policies in way to purge the workforce and bring in cheaper cost labor.
How refreshing would it be if someone at the head of any corporation had the intregrity and balls to be 100% honest with the rank and file."Look, we want to get rid of anyone making too much and replace you with minimum wage level help. Your knowledge is easily replaced by the internet and what skills you may have will soon be unneccessary".... i mean the result woud be the same so why lie to people?
Either way, this company (and most i now realize) is filled with liars and P.O.S dirtbags who have sold their souls for a buck....but first they had to sell us out.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2012

Bird wrote:
I noticed something funny about prices, especially on the cheaper appliances, going up quite a bit just a few weeks before they ended the commissions/spiffs. About a week or so after they ended the commission program, the prices dropped back down again to normal levels with a new lower price tag on them. Just a ploy to make it look like this was lowering the prices? I think maybe so.
Notice the same thing with 10% off sales now. Just before they start, the prices are raised, and either the day before the sale starts, or the day it starts, the prices are dropped down to normal levels again with new lower price signage fixed above them. Only thing is, now there is fine print excluding "New Lower Price" items from the 10% off sale. So they are raising prices before the sale, dropping them down before it and calling it a "new lower price" to make people think they are lowering prices, then they are excluding those items from the sale. So essentially, people are being tricked into paying full price for something during a sale period. Awful tricky and underhanded way of doing business don't you think?
The jewelry stores do it the same way. I remember changing prices @ Zales 20 years ago, only to have a sale announced the following week. It's all about the almighty dollar and duping the consumer into believing they are getting a great deal.
Pragmatist

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2012

zal front load wrote:
LIES, LIES, LIES. Unfortunately all the things that i onced believed about the business world are proving to be false. I feel foolishly naive and quite stupid. I still will believe in conservative values.....real conservative values not the greed that people erroneously associate with conservatism.
Of course they lied to us and yes appliance prices are higher now. They wanted to take away spiffs and commissions to pad the bottom line and prop up the stock price. Its painfully obvious that they will continue to implement futher changes and push policies in way to purge the workforce and bring in cheaper cost labor.
How refreshing would it be if someone at the head of any corporation had the intregrity and balls to be 100% honest with the rank and file."Look, we want to get rid of anyone making too much and replace you with minimum wage level help. Your knowledge is easily replaced by the internet and what skills you may have will soon be unneccessary".... i mean the result woud be the same so why lie to people?
Either way, this company (and most i now realize) is filled with liars and P.O.S dirtbags who have sold their souls for a buck....but first they had to sell us out.
WOW! SOOO TRUE!!

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2012

Judged:

zal front load wrote:
Padded the stock price & then Niblock n friends sold over 11 million shares of stock. Blood $$$! We can't pay our bills & they pocketed millions. Hope they choke on it.
artimos

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2012

Lowes Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
The jewelry stores do it the same way. I remember changing prices @ Zales 20 years ago, only to have a sale announced the following week. It's all about the almighty dollar and duping the consumer into believing they are getting a great deal.
I remember Bue tag gold and yellow tag gold rotated every 6-8 weeks so we could avoid breaking the law. 70% off WOW lets buy !
nedm

Pembroke, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2012

Prices might have to be lower in light of this
http://pr.bby.com/phoenix.zhtml...

Best buy doesn't sell appliances in all their stores but it is safe to say at least some of them do.
Bird

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2012

Judged:

Azrayel wrote:
take a walk into flooring and kitchens. All those went up too
I finally had a few customers notice this trend of raising prices before a sale. One noticed the rise of one hundred dollars on an item he wanted, and quickly put together that he would be paying the same this week with the sale as he would have last week when the item was one hundred dollars lower. He got pissed off and refused to buy from Lowe's. Can't blame him. The others complained to me, and refused to buy as well. Can't blame them either.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

18 Users are viewing the Lowes Companies Forum right now

Search the Lowes Companies Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Niblock gets a 50% raise, how much was yours? 1 hr DMxMD 9
Written up for kronos (Apr '12) 11 hr naw008 57
Such a Negative Attitude Towards Lowe's 21 hr I am 12
store #265 Tue 265 coworker 2
I've applied at Lowes over 20 times Apr 11 nedm 8
Ever noticed the origins of posters? Apr 10 CharlotteGirl 6
Cute guys works in lawn and garden?? Apr 8 Mysterywoman 1
•••
•••