lowes Closing Procedures...Are you F-...
black kettle

Mooresville, NC

#22 Aug 27, 2012
nedm wrote:
Depends on the store. I remember pages saying that the store is closing. Or you just gradually close down cashiers so it pretty much consolidates coverage right there.
Hours are hours. They cannot bend things in case an accident happens.
I remember one nutjob guy that wanted dozens of cans of paint mixed beyond the speed the machines could do..ranted and raved and then the SM just told him to leave. There was nothing else we could do for him and anything beyond that could be considered trespassing.
You calling anyone a "nutjob" is funny
Whickerbill

Mooresville, NC

#23 Aug 27, 2012
Pedro Rodriquez wrote:
I used to fill out the zone recovery sheets and turn them in, then didn't for a period of time. I haven't filled one out for months-the result--nothing.
I still sweep, empty garbage, face, downstock etc---but it is like peeing your pants in a dark suit-it gives you a warm feeling but nobody notices.
At my store, it depends on who you are as to whether you are held accountable for zoning or not.(Or anything else, for that matter). If my brown nosing department manager closes, the opener has a mess to straighten up first thing in the morning. He never zones. We have an ASM who will not get off her cell phone and personal calls long enough to walk your department when you close. If you page her often enough, she will send a department manager over to walk you. Meanwhile, you have already gone past your scheduled quitting time because you have been trying for over an hour to contact her.

We have a cabinet specialist that walks out the door at closing, not one minute after, and anything in cabinets that needs downstocked or done is left to the appliance people to do. He sits at his desk and reads magazines all day or talks to his wife on the phone. Say something about it and you are accused of being a complainer and not a team player.

Where does it end? It starts with accountability, and that starts with the store manager. Hopefully, one of these days, Lowes will believe in accountability.
CSA-Blowes

King George, VA

#24 Aug 31, 2012
@MrLowes, Customers like that I don't need. Paycheck or not. And, furthermore I don't get paid enough for the crap I get from customers. @ everyone else, I always watch my watch and when it is time to close, I go and lock the doors myself. And I have seen customers come up to the paint desk after lights were turned off. I flat out told them we are closed, machines are down. Also, when lights are off and we are closed, if I see customers still shopping, I tell them we are closed and registers are shutting down in 5 minutes. Then they walk to the registers. I'm sorry but, I have a LIFE and my life with my family comes first. Not customers. Customers be damned. When we are open I help them to the best of my abilities. But, when we are closed, sorry I will leave when my time comes. I do not work harder or stay longer for a bunch of inconsiderate assholes.
CSA-Blowes

King George, VA

#25 Sep 1, 2012
Tired.... you can stay well past closing if you want. I refuse. I have a family and I have a life. Stay as long as possible for customers? No. Hours are posted on the door, and the way I see it, if you come in at closing, expect people to not be there to help. Hell, why not stay open 24 hours then? Since staying over past closing doesn't bother you then you can be the one fool to work at night.
CSA-Blowes

King George, VA

#26 Sep 1, 2012
Tired.... you can stay well past closing if you want. I refuse. I have a family and I have a life. Stay as long as possible for customers? No. Hours are posted on the door, and the way I see it, if you come in at closing, expect people to not be there to help. Hell, why not stay open 24 hours then? Since staying over past closing doesn't bother you then you can be the one fool to work at night.
tired wrote:
<quoted text>doesn't matter what hours are posted, if a customer is in the store the store is open. Do we quit using spotters for power equipment because it's past closing time or do we wait till all the customers are gone?
Bird

Milford, MI

#27 Sep 1, 2012
Any time there is a customer in the store, you must use a spotter. Here is another question. Why, during daylight hours, are employees not allowed to be inside of blocked off areas when power equipment is working, and after closing or before opening, they could care less if you are having a party in the aisle adjacent to operating equipment? I mean is there a study that says things don't fall into adjacent aisles after 9PM? Sure, you don't want customers in blocked off areas any time, but what changes about us closing the store that suddenly makes it safe for US to be in areas that are normally off limits to US during open hours?
Robert Niblock Quotes

Schnecksville, PA

#29 Sep 4, 2012
"I'm pleased with our inventory position at the end of the fourth quarter, which was up less than 1% year-over-year. Since the end of the first quarter, we have carefully managed our purchases, driven exceptional seasonal sell-through and rationalized our assortments. Most importantly, we were able to accomplish this without sacrificing in-stock levels."
CSA-blowes

King George, VA

#30 Sep 8, 2012
nedm wrote:
Because that can be argument made in court.
Do the employees enforce the policies of the company? Yes or no?
Here's an example. The store does not allow dogs unless they are for the blind. Well one day they let one slide near a store near me and it bit another customer. Lowe's had to pay out because they didn't enforce their own rules.
Likewise if the store is closed and they don't enforce their own rules. Heck I know a gas station that closes at a given time. There is nothing the clerk can do to override the system. So if you go in at the last minute and only pump in about 10 cents worth it will shut off and now allow you to do the rest.
If a customer is hurt and they are in the store past closing that would probably be ruled as a fault of the store rather than the company for not asking the customer to leave. If say one is looking at cabinets just as a truck is unloaded and equipment moving that's a pretty strong sign you aren't supposed to be in the place. Then again if you see fewer and fewer customers that's a good sign as well.
Besides didn't you ever see Career Opportunities as a kid?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101545/
Depends on the store. My store allowes all dogs in the store. Service dogs or not.
Sewol

Peckville, PA

#31 Oct 9, 2012
As far as dogs go....people come in all the time with dogs, one couple had 3 dashounds in a cart and walked around for hours like proud parents of triplets. No room in the wagon for purchases, as they walked around with their coffee and dogs. My questions is what about the next person that comes in, and puts their severely asthmatic child in that same cart?
nedm

Pembroke, MA

#32 Oct 9, 2012
There is the board of health which can walk a store at any time. Years ago the town had ecoli in the water and any business had to shut off or at least put notices NOT to drink the water.Likewise if a dog bites someone lowes is liable for not enforcing its own rules.

There's only so much the company can do. We had a customer rambling that someone should be drying the carts as they came in when it rained because apparently if a kid gets went it is the end of the world. Yet she didn't have an umbrella so what about when they leave?!?

I don't see the point of bringing pets to a retail store unless it is a pet store. Heck I wouldn't bring a kid to a hd or lowes simply because of safety concerns. I have seen products fall, beams fall, someone hit with blades of a forklift etc
Cuban Mike Alvarez

Mooresville, NC

#33 Oct 9, 2012
nedm wrote:
There is the board of health which can walk a store at any time. Years ago the town had ecoli in the water and any business had to shut off or at least put notices NOT to drink the water.Likewise if a dog bites someone lowes is liable for not enforcing its own rules.
There's only so much the company can do. We had a customer rambling that someone should be drying the carts as they came in when it rained because apparently if a kid gets went it is the end of the world. Yet she didn't have an umbrella so what about when they leave?!?
I don't see the point of bringing pets to a retail store unless it is a pet store. Heck I wouldn't bring a kid to a hd or lowes simply because of safety concerns. I have seen products fall, beams fall, someone hit with blades of a forklift etc
Wow, you sure have seen a lot in your short time as an employee. You ALWAYS have a comment... or are you camping out in a Lowes AND chatting on a forum while logged on to their wifi??? It's all starting to make sense now.... hmmmmm.
Igor

Wilmington, NC

#34 Oct 9, 2012
Sewol wrote:
As far as dogs go....people come in all the time with dogs, one couple had 3 dashounds in a cart and walked around for hours like proud parents of triplets. No room in the wagon for purchases, as they walked around with their coffee and dogs. My questions is what about the next person that comes in, and puts their severely asthmatic child in that same cart?
Yea, but what if the child that was in the cart before the dashounds had fleas? Ever think about that one?
nedm

Pembroke, MA

#36 Oct 9, 2012
Cuban I was there for 3.5 years..I don't think it was that short. As for wifi...wifi is everywhere man. Starbucks, McDonalds, Libraries, town halls.

I take it you must live in a rather poor community to think that wifi is somehow expensive.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#37 Oct 9, 2012
nedm wrote:
Cuban I was there for 3.5 years..I don't think it was that short. As for wifi...wifi is everywhere man. Starbucks, McDonalds, Libraries, town halls.
I take it you must live in a rather poor community to think that wifi is somehow expensive.
Wifi isn't cheap for a small business....cheap for the user however--buy a cup of coffee and stay the day searching the net.
Cuban Mike Alvarez

Mooresville, NC

#38 Oct 9, 2012
nedm wrote:
Cuban I was there for 3.5 years..I don't think it was that short. As for wifi...wifi is everywhere man. Starbucks, McDonalds, Libraries, town halls.
I take it you must live in a rather poor community to think that wifi is somehow expensive.
Holy crap!!!! Once again you completely missed the point. I'll bet you have to set reminders on your phone to remember to breathe! It truely is pointless trying to make you understand something.
nedm

Pembroke, MA

#39 Oct 9, 2012
Pedro it depends on the provider. Where I am generally it can be $50 or less a month. Yes there's a cap on usage ultimatly but if you stay open for say 12 hours a day it shouldn't be that hard to really run it.

Where I am even public housing units have wifi as it is cheaper than hard wiring units.College campuses generally use wifi as it is easier to work with. Even a gas station might have wifi these days. Finding wifi today is like finding a payphone in the 70's..it isn't that hard.

Cuban so what specifically is your point? You haven't addressed anything or made any real statement with actual data. You imply as if I'm just on the site all day..and yet I'm not. You imply as if there is no such thing as tabbed webbrowsing. Right now as I write this I have three other sites open (email, cnbc, governmental stuff etc). If this was say the 1990's with dialup and no tabs then I could see the point.
Spanish Mike Alvarez

Schnecksville, PA

#40 Oct 10, 2012
nedm wrote:
Cuban so what specifically is your point? You haven't addressed anything or made any real statement with actual data. You imply as if I'm just on the site all day..and yet I'm not. You imply as if there is no such thing as tabbed webbrowsing. Right now as I write this I have three other sites open (email, cnbc, governmental stuff etc). If this was say the 1990's with dialup and no tabs then I could see the point.
NEDM,

All that Jerk o f f knows how to do is steal my online name.
Cuban Mike Nedm Alvarez

Mooresville, NC

#41 Oct 12, 2012
Spanish Mike Alvarez wrote:
<quoted text>
NEDM,
All that Jerk o f f knows how to do is steal my online name.
Wrong, I also stole your mom's sweet, fat, sloppy vag from your broke down-ass daddy! There's your new dabate topic, nedm! Mike's mom's stanky vag!!!
nedm

Pembroke, MA

#42 Oct 12, 2012
Seriously how old are you now?

You sound like Violentacrez
http://gawker.com/5950981/unmasking-reddits-v...

You can swear and type sexual crap all you want but you end up reminding me of those truckers that say crap on CB's..then you meet them and it's like the end of the Wizard of Oz with the wizard just being nothing else than something weak and frail.
nedm

Pembroke, MA

#44 Oct 13, 2012
Pointless facts? No actually I can tan well. Sun isn't good for you in the long run just ask anyone with skin cancer.

Last time I was in a dark room it was developing photos the old school way.

Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean you have to insult it. Otherwise you look like the frustrated guy in Mallrats that didn't get Magic Eye.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowes Companies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elsewhere 7 hr Batteries not Inc... 11
Home Depot vs. Lowe's... Business Insider article 9 hr jo mama 2 7
Call outs today 9 hr jo mama 2 7
Enforce the dress code please 9 hr FSA Specialist 4
Anybody see thier.... 13 hr BeenThereDoneThat 6
Lowes Stock Keeps Dropping Hahaha 13 hr BeenThereDoneThat 2
Flying bugs in yard that burrow holes (Apr '12) 16 hr Letty 14
Store morale? Mon nomore 6
Are Sales Specialists next? (Feb '17) Mon That smell 173
Dear Lowes Corporate..... Mon Seven of Nine 46