What was Lowe's thinking about ATG wh...

What was Lowe's thinking about ATG when they bought it?

Posted in the Lowes Companies Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
nedm

Pembroke, MA

#1 Apr 4, 2012
http://tinyurl.com/bq3ploc

A table of a women's legs

http://tinyurl.com/cxltk35
s&m related clothing!?!

http://www.atgstores.com/search/sex.html

So much for that southern christian mentality
Chance72

United States

#2 Apr 4, 2012
It's a great business decision! The future of retail. 3.5 million items and you find the one to complain about?
judge and jury

Mooresville, NC

#3 Apr 4, 2012
Guess when you have nothing better to do this is where you are all day. There is nothing wrong with these items. So you are not very bright and a prude. You can be a southern Christian and still wear what you want in the privacy of your home.
Peterbuilt

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#4 Apr 4, 2012
They were think about how to deal with sos sales being returned. Lowes owns this product and the customer my paycheck can receive a mattress in about 5 days to there home all I have to do is order it for then. It's like our own ebay and if its not in stock it's not on ATG website.
ChuckyDoll

United States

#5 Apr 4, 2012
What happened to complete sentences and punctuation???
nedm

Bridgewater, MA

#6 Apr 4, 2012
To the corporate troll (I know because the name keeps changing and frankly) although it is fine that a product can sell in opening up the company to something that might be controversial can become problematic. We've already seen a boycott due to that All American Muslim show and I doubt they would need another one.
MDLow

Farmington, MI

#7 Apr 4, 2012
They aren't corporate trolls. Get over yourself. They show up with Moorseville as the location because they are logging on from PC's in the stores.
nedm

Pembroke, MA

#8 Apr 4, 2012
cI highly doubt that anyone would be dumb enough to go to this site from the stores. ALL internet (as well as phone, fax and email) is monitored by corporate. Heck this goes for pretty much all employers.

I can understand the need to do some websurfing while at work when it applies to the concerns of the customer. Otherwise it can waste time.

Corporate can easily find out who posts what given the ip addresses and the number of cameras at the store (which has increased). Anyone can post here but if you work for lowes and post while working that is a easy way to get canned.
MDLow

Aurora, CO

#9 Apr 4, 2012
Sigh.
ne jo dm

Mooresville, NC

#10 Apr 5, 2012
nedm wrote:
cI highly doubt that anyone would be dumb enough to go to this site from the stores. ALL internet (as well as phone, fax and email) is monitored by corporate. Heck this goes for pretty much all employers.
I can understand the need to do some websurfing while at work when it applies to the concerns of the customer. Otherwise it can waste time.
Corporate can easily find out who posts what given the ip addresses and the number of cameras at the store (which has increased). Anyone can post here but if you work for lowes and post while working that is a easy way to get canned.
you are a complete waste of time and your psycho babble has been played out. we need a block option here. if anyone wanted to hear all this crap you spew they could simply squeeze your head.
nedm

Pembroke, MA

#11 Apr 5, 2012
Well if you wanted a moderated board by all means you can start one up yourself. You have the freedom as does everyone else to not reply or read what I say. If you think I am bothering you it is because you are letting yourself get bothered.
judge and jury

Mooresville, NC

#12 Apr 5, 2012
Again, this is not a corporate troll. I change my "name" to fit the post...duh. There was nothing controversial about pulling out the commercials, that died out quickly and this is not controversial...oh no don't look...it's sexy underwear...oh my. You're a weird dude.
nedm

Bridgewater, MA

#13 Apr 5, 2012
There was controversy in pulling out the commericals because if they didn't want to put them up there why would they to start with? Then they get asked by some conservative group to take them down and that was the action. Meanwhile they sponsor reality shows on TLC that are in poor taste and of course NASCAR which is largely a waste of time.

When 200,000 people sign a petition to restate the ads and it is ignored then something is wrong. It is quite rare to back out of advertising on a series when the first season is not even completed. Just talk to anyone within the industry and you'll find this is the case.
http://current.com/shows/countdown/videos/low...
Furby

Mooresville, NC

#14 Apr 5, 2012
I'm not a corporate troll either.

If you did ANY research on us pulling the advertisement you would arrive at the truth. We were not the only company that pulled advertising but for some reason we were singled out. I'm not going into all the ways advertising is purchased or why it was pulled...look it up yourself.

This is entered on a store computer, which you can use without logging in.
wtf

Fort Wayne, IN

#15 Apr 5, 2012
nedm wrote:
There was controversy in pulling out the commericals because if they didn't want to put them up there why would they to start with? Then they get asked by some conservative group to take them down and that was the action. Meanwhile they sponsor reality shows on TLC that are in poor taste and of course NASCAR which is largely a waste of time.
When 200,000 people sign a petition to restate the ads and it is ignored then something is wrong. It is quite rare to back out of advertising on a series when the first season is not even completed. Just talk to anyone within the industry and you'll find this is the case.
http://current.com/shows/countdown/videos/low...
What planet r u from? You're an idiot, although I agree nascar sucks. still it's way off topic. perhaps one of your personas should go to school get a degree in pychology and cancel the others
judge and jury

Mooresville, NC

#16 Apr 6, 2012
The controversy is in your head...200,000 people? Nothing compared to the millions that could give a hoot. Thanks for the link on the underwear, bought some yesterday. Take a break man, you need it.
Nedm

Pembroke, MA

#17 Apr 6, 2012
Furby while it is true that they were not the only company that pulled ads they were the only one told to by that fundamentalist christian group. Lowes should have thought about the ramifications of that. I'm not even saying lowes needs advertising. If they don't know about it now then what is the point? Ads need to also show where the stores are and respond to competitors. I've seen a local ad claiming its kitchen design is 10-15% cheaper than lowes and hd. Neither chain responded. Smaller ads that focus on smaller events would be cheaper and more effective than national ones such as cable advertising and nascar.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#18 Apr 6, 2012
Nedm wrote:
Furby while it is true that they were not the only company that pulled ads they were the only one told to by that fundamentalist christian group. Lowes should have thought about the ramifications of that. I'm not even saying lowes needs advertising. If they don't know about it now then what is the point? Ads need to also show where the stores are and respond to competitors. I've seen a local ad claiming its kitchen design is 10-15% cheaper than lowes and hd. Neither chain responded. Smaller ads that focus on smaller events would be cheaper and more effective than national ones such as cable advertising and nascar.
Your knowledge of corporate advertising is at least as small as your purported knowledge on other Lowes topics. Madison Ave. agencies are experts at focusing on target customers and crafting a brand image. NASCAR followers are average, relatively blue collar consumers with decent incomes. They tend to be the types that work on their own projects and as a result would consider Lowes for their needs. Additionally, one would be hard pressed to not know the location of a Lowes store in their community. They're typically the largest building in town and located on the major artery. Responding to a local ad from a boutique supplier is beyond ridiculous at this scale.

No charge for the education. My pleasure.
Bird

United States

#19 Apr 25, 2012
http://www.lowes.com/cd_Become+a+Lowes+Affili...

Click this link and you will find out. Remember how they went on endlessly about how commissions and Spiffs are antiquated and no longer useful? Well, according to this page, they really don't believe what they are saying. Lowe's is becoming an internet company..........period. When I saw that they are offering commissions to "Affiliates" for simply posting a link to a Lowe's product on their web-page, yet in return took commissions away from employees who have to work for a sale, and really know their products to sell them, it made me less than happy. They are paying other people to market products online, and taking the need for us away a little at a time.
Nedm

Mooresville, NC

#20 Apr 25, 2012
Nedm go away

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowes Companies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Smokers 4 hr Math sucks 16
where is the new attendance policy located 5 hr SSM2 18
When are W-2s coming? 5 hr Lmnop 6
Those "pesky" EOS scores 6 hr Candygram for Mongo 7
Region 7 Market 1363 scandal 7 hr Bang 8
Corporate was at our store on 3rd shift! 9 hr TANdude54 7
More ASM's To Be Let Go February 2018 9 hr TANdude54 125
Truth on layoffs- NO CRAP! 13 hr Ruxin 60
SSM Training Program (Prep) 19 hr Oscar 31
Store managers should be worried Wed GO BUCKS 121