Lowe's Corporate Management, Why are they so STUPID?

Posted in the Lowes Companies Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 28, 2012
 

Judged:

6

5

3

Thanks for the Christmas present Lowe's. That 20% off of my purchases this week does so much for me and my family. Kind of like the $35 we used to get. Your average profit is 40% and I live in a state that has a 10% sales tax. BFD a net 10% off my purchase.

Why couldn't you give it to us to use during the Black Friday Sale? It would have ment more to us employees. Plain ole greed!

Why couldn't you pay us the SSEI Bonus in this Friday's pay check so we could use it to make purchases during the 20% off period? Just stupid!

On December 14th when I get my SSEI bonus, I guess I will spend it anywhere but Lowe's, because every other retailer will value and want my $DOLLARS$.

Lowe's corporate management is STUPID, GREEDY and UNCAREING! Only thinking of themselves and never thinking about the employee.

Lowes-Girl
DMxMD

Shawnee, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 28, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

4

Lol. Damn you lowes. You're so greedy. It's all your fault that the population of my state and city have voted to have a 10% sales tax. If you weren't so greedy you would just pay my taxes for me. And 20% off... Really? Is that all you can do? With all those special values on appliances this week, the 10% off all energy star appliances, and my lousy 20% discount (which I'm sure wasn't supposed to stack on top of other discounts. IT must have messed up) I can only get 50% off that refrigerator I've had my eyes on. I'm just amazed at all the greed. I mean, yes, I paid $450 less than cost for it, but you've got to be kidding me. Lowes makes so much money they should have given it to me for free. It just makes me so mad. I mean yeah I get a paycheck in exchange for every hour I work, but after I got my free Obama phone I just think I deserve free stuff from everywhere. So frustrating.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 28, 2012
 

Judged:

2

DMxMD wrote:
Lol. Damn you lowes. You're so greedy. It's all your fault that the population of my state and city have voted to have a 10% sales tax. If you weren't so greedy you would just pay my taxes for me. And 20% off... Really? Is that all you can do? With all those special values on appliances this week, the 10% off all energy star appliances, and my lousy 20% discount (which I'm sure wasn't supposed to stack on top of other discounts. IT must have messed up) I can only get 50% off that refrigerator I've had my eyes on. I'm just amazed at all the greed. I mean, yes, I paid $450 less than cost for it, but you've got to be kidding me. Lowes makes so much money they should have given it to me for free. It just makes me so mad. I mean yeah I get a paycheck in exchange for every hour I work, but after I got my free Obama phone I just think I deserve free stuff from everywhere. So frustrating.
The 20% is good IF you need something. The ones who are greedy are the higher up management.
nedm

Pembroke, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 29, 2012
 
Well if you think the prices are high by all means just shop online where prices are always cheaper.

Keep in mind that not everything lowes sells is the same profit margins. Look at some of the sales by product group and you'll see this is the case. there actually is a cost the corporation uses of shipping a product and putting it on a shelf.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 29, 2012
 
nedm wrote:
Well if you think the prices are high by all means just shop online where prices are always cheaper.
Keep in mind that not everything lowes sells is the same profit margins. Look at some of the sales by product group and you'll see this is the case. there actually is a cost the corporation uses of shipping a product and putting it on a shelf.
Every business figures their cost for an item. Did you think this was the Soviet Union? Need some potatoes for the commune?

Low margin is meaningless if it's not on an item you want. Shop online? Hell, shop everywhere!
Larry

Macomb, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Nov 29, 2012
 
Brad Mason wrote:
<quoted text>
Every business figures their cost for an item. Did you think this was the Soviet Union? Need some potatoes for the commune?
Low margin is meaningless if it's not on an item you want. Shop online? Hell, shop everywhere!
Brad,
Lowes will never understand that even the lower level executives make more in 1 year than we will make in 10 years or perhaps a lifetime of working. Regional managers easily rake in $200,000 and if you are at corporate, look even higher. VP's and EVP's and higher are looking at millions per year.

Would it really hurt Lowes to let the employees take advantage of these great deals that customers get? Or sense we are employees, how about a better deal?
Larry

Macomb, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Nov 29, 2012
 
Well, to be fair here, Robert Niblocks pay in 2011 was only 11.6 million, down from 12 million in 2010. Hope he's doing ok in 2012.

www.lowesemployees.com

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Nov 29, 2012
 
Larry wrote:
<quoted text>
Brad,
Lowes will never understand that even the lower level executives make more in 1 year than we will make in 10 years or perhaps a lifetime of working. Regional managers easily rake in $200,000 and if you are at corporate, look even higher. VP's and EVP's and higher are looking at millions per year.
Would it really hurt Lowes to let the employees take advantage of these great deals that customers get? Or sense we are employees, how about a better deal?
Like the woman says in the cell phone commercial... "You can either kill zombies or feed them". Corporate would probably argue that they did extend special pricing privileges. They won't be asking your opinion. It's been that way for a century. You have to get out of retail. It's a crap deal all around. Unless of course your name's on the sign.
Not this year

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Nov 29, 2012
 
nope, I will not be shopping at Lowe's this year. Only locally, with made in America merchandise only. Enough is enough.
Ebenezer Scrooge

Kingston, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Nov 29, 2012
 
"Bah, Humbug!"

Often used to express disgust with many of the modern Christmas traditions.
bla bla bla

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Nov 29, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

You all correct.
Keep in mind. All are same regarless of where you are employeed unless you are the ceo.
I am just glad that I have a place to work for instead of my peers who are still looking for a job.
zal front load

Derby, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Nov 29, 2012
 

Judged:

2

I'd much rather get a monetary bonus for the holidays in lieu of an additional 10% on prduct that im forced to buy there. As pedro points out..the extra 10% while a nice gesture only benefits us if we need something. I guess over the years there's been many take aways (inventory bonus,holiday bonus, spiffs, commissions, SOS purchase discount, etc.) with probably more cuts to come. They make it difficult to want to give your all, they make it difficult to believe in this company and its direction unless you have blinders on.
OhNoHeDidnt

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Nov 29, 2012
 
Larry wrote:
<quoted text>

Would it really hurt Lowes to let the employees take advantage of these great deals that customers get? Or sense we are employees, how about a better deal?
You had every right to purchase items online prior to store opening on Black Friday (even Thanksgiving Day) at the same prices those "customers" get. Maybe you just hadn't been smart enough to figure that out.
lowes243

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Nov 30, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

I cant believe some of you seriously take up for lowes. Look how much we have had taken from us.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Nov 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

OhNoHeDidnt wrote:
<quoted text>
You had every right to purchase items online prior to store opening on Black Friday (even Thanksgiving Day) at the same prices those "customers" get. Maybe you just hadn't been smart enough to figure that out.
Yes, we had the opportunity to purchase something on Black Friday---IF we had the money and IF we needed something. Having something on sale doesn't do people without money any good.
Gragh

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

4

3

2

Why buy from Lowe's anyways? I work for a Lowe's - but I'm always shopping Home Depot! Most of what Lowe's sells is crap anyways - el cheapo import shit...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Lowes Companies Forum right now

Search the Lowes Companies Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Offended by mandatory health screenings. 12 min DMxMD 15
Lowe's agrees to $500,000 settlement over EPA v... 13 hr nedm 13
Lowes dress code update Jul 10 mental distubance 11
Lowe's Fired Me After 9 Years For No Reason !!! (Jan '11) Jul 8 Dr Feel good 55
Such a Negative Attitude Towards Lowe's Jul 8 Dr Feel good 106
Vaping Jul 8 Dr Feel good 15
MyLowe's Cards (Feb '12) Jul 8 Do not work at lowes 54
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••