SM "emergency" meeting
Bird

Fenton, MI

#21 Jul 8, 2012
Nochance wrote:
Yes, I agree that is the answer but it will never happen. As we have seen corporate greed doesn't go away until it goes over the top and they get fired for incompetence or arrested for something illegal. We can only hope!
We, as the working man, should wake up, smell the roses and do something.
Unfortunately, it will never happen either, there are too many snitches and brown noses in this company.
No doubt about the brown nosers. Just go to connections to see the proof. It is like a porn site for brown nosers.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#22 Jul 8, 2012
Bird wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt about the brown nosers. Just go to connections to see the proof. It is like a porn site for brown nosers.
Some of the stuff that goes on reminds me of Amway...kissing the uplines' butt.
nedm

Pembroke, MA

#23 Jul 8, 2012
Pedro ever see the Amquix site? It does tell quite a bit of the truth of it.

Reminds me also I used to know someone that was a bit high up at Circult City. He said taht hte rallys would have people show up to a theater with hired crowds. So you get a reward with hunreads of people cheering you.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#24 Jul 8, 2012
nedm wrote:
Pedro ever see the Amquix site? It does tell quite a bit of the truth of it.
Reminds me also I used to know someone that was a bit high up at Circult City. He said taht hte rallys would have people show up to a theater with hired crowds. So you get a reward with hunreads of people cheering you.
Dude, you gotta move out of your folks' basement, give up the keyboard, and get some sustainable mental help.
nedm

Pembroke, MA

#25 Jul 8, 2012
I don't live in a basement man. What Pedro said does fit the company. One could argue the bonus structure (NBT) of lowes fits with amway. The rally's, cheers, meetings, things on the side (nascar stuff,ncaa etc)
www.amquix.info illustrates it all.
dumbass

Mooresville, NC

#26 Jul 8, 2012
nedm wrote:
I don't live in a basement man. What Pedro said does fit the company. One could argue the bonus structure (NBT) of lowes fits with amway. The rally's, cheers, meetings, things on the side (nascar stuff,ncaa etc)
www.amquix.info illustrates it all.
I tryed to read your previous cmmnts but as usual they're written in idiocy and completely off topic. you should try wearing a helmet, the rubber walls aren't protecting you well enough
Easily amused

Mooresville, NC

#27 Jul 9, 2012
nedm wrote:
I don't live in a basement man. What Pedro said does fit the company. One could argue the bonus structure (NBT) of lowes fits with amway. The rally's, cheers, meetings, things on the side (nascar stuff,ncaa etc)
www.amquix.info illustrates it all.
Fyi... NBT is not a bonus structure. What's wrong, you didn't have time to Google that one?? Not getting in enough keyboard time these days, huh?
nedm

Pembroke, MA

#28 Jul 9, 2012
Actually net before tax (nbt) is a major metric of determining a bonus.

Get off the plantation man. Don't be trapped in the bubble of lowe's otherwise you might end up like this!
www.yanksarecoming.com/wp-content/uploads/200...
DMxMD

Gardner, KS

#29 Jul 9, 2012
Get off the plantation? Haha. Haven't heard that one before.
Thatoneguy

Cape Girardeau, MO

#30 Jul 10, 2012
Nbt is a key factor in ssei. It is one of the three metrics in determing bonus payouts. FYI.
kissass

Mooresville, NC

#31 Jul 10, 2012
Bird wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt about the brown nosers. Just go to connections to see the proof. It is like a porn site for brown nosers.
a truer statement was never spoken
SouthStrMgr

United States

#32 Jul 10, 2012
Thatoneguy wrote:
Nbt is a key factor in ssei. It is one of the three metrics in determing bonus payouts. FYI.
Heads up, NBT is no longer a factor for SSEI in 2012, just a few expense lines that the stores have total control over.....
Thatoneguy

Cape Girardeau, MO

#33 Jul 11, 2012
That is interesting. We currently dont have a problem with the NBT part of ssei or any other for that matter. Are the payouts the same?
SouthStrMgr

Sharon, SC

#34 Jul 12, 2012
Thatoneguy wrote:
That is interesting. We currently dont have a problem with the NBT part of ssei or any other for that matter. Are the payouts the same?
Basically, yes. Pro's put at same payout level as specialists, HRM's now included. You have to hit 98% sales, 98% SCM (Store Contribution Margin), and the minimum CF score for your sales tier.
d j arnett

Erie, PA

#35 Jul 13, 2012
Pedro Rodriquez wrote:
<quoted text>
Unions were created to help the working person have a safe place to work and be paid a fair wage. In the 70's and 80's there was a big push to involve the employees in solving issues in their work area-in many instances they felt they really had a say. Unions started dying out because there was no point to them-management was creating a safe place to work and paying them a fair wage-in many instances giving the profit sharing. On top of that we had great health insurance--the company was taking care of their employees-they did not need a 3rd party negotiating for them.
The tables are turning again, workers cannot make a living wage because of the corporate greed. Health insurance is not very good and costs a lot of money. There is no job satisfaction or security--employees are just a number to a group of shareholders who probably have never stepped foot in the company they manage.
Lowes falls into this category-the people at the top of the pyramid keeps taking more and more money and paying their employees peanuts, crumbs from their table. They do not care about us or for us...we are an end to their means....money. If we quit they will hire another warm blooded person and send them through LLC, then throw them onto the floor to fend for themselves.
What choice do we have? Not many-jobs are hard to come by and personally, working at Lowes is better than unemployment.
Every company deserves a Union scare to keep them honest and to provide for their employees. If companies have a union it is because management sucks-they are not paying their employees fairly or treating them fairly. But, unions are not the answer.
A change of management philosophy and action is the answer.
I have worked for lowes for over 6 years and the last 2 have have the worst with the last 6 months being unbearable. I would take soup lines any day of the week over the way I am being treated now. The management at my store is trying to get the seasoned employees to quit thru b.s. write ups. Scheduling back to back clopens. Some of the best sales people being written up for not getting enough MyLowes apps. All this while the senior management are out partying with subordinates etc.
nedm

Pembroke, MA

#36 Jul 14, 2012
I still say the best thing to do is try to find something else, step down the part time and then ultimately leave or take some class (since they have to accommodate it since it is a benefit) to at least have some predictable time to yourself.
Blind Cutter

Vancouver, WA

#37 Jul 14, 2012
I came to Lowe's after owning my own Lighting Store for 29 years. I was hired by a "low-volume" store as a full time Team Lead in Lighting & Elec and was quickly moved to Paint & Home Decor as the budget couldn't support a Lighting Pro, Dept Mgr., Team Lead and a part-timer. I have been with Lowe's since 2007, and I am now 62 years old. I would kike to cut down to part-time status so I can collect my SS benefits. My question is can I do that without being fired? I have heard that they will cut your pay by 10% if you drop down to part time. That's ok with me. I would take the "WE" team position or cashier; something not as physical as lifting 50 pound buckets of paint all day and the confusing and lengthy process of ordering blinds in M2O while the customer is tapping their fingers & feet hoping that they can just pay for what they want. All the time the overhead and phones are ringing trying to find someone to mix paint due to not enough coverage. So, is stepping down grounds for dismissal? How would one approach this without making them angry?
blindedbytheligh t

Mooresville, NC

#38 Jul 15, 2012
nedm wrote:
I still say the best thing to do is try to find something else, step down the part time and then ultimately leave or take some class (since they have to accommodate it since it is a benefit) to at least have some predictable time to yourself.
what a stoke of genius,,,i may do that also,,,what could be better then making less $ and trolling forums,,,i know with my five degrees and 67 yrs of retail experience i could spam as well as you,,,where do i sign-up,,,i want to have a rich, fullfilled life too!
no problem

Roanoke, VA

#39 Jul 15, 2012
Blind Cutter wrote:
I came to Lowe's after owning my own Lighting Store for 29 years. I was hired by a "low-volume" store as a full time Team Lead in Lighting & Elec and was quickly moved to Paint & Home Decor as the budget couldn't support a Lighting Pro, Dept Mgr., Team Lead and a part-timer. I have been with Lowe's since 2007, and I am now 62 years old. I would kike to cut down to part-time status so I can collect my SS benefits. My question is can I do that without being fired? I have heard that they will cut your pay by 10% if you drop down to part time. That's ok with me. I would take the "WE" team position or cashier; something not as physical as lifting 50 pound buckets of paint all day and the confusing and lengthy process of ordering blinds in M2O while the customer is tapping their fingers & feet hoping that they can just pay for what they want. All the time the overhead and phones are ringing trying to find someone to mix paint due to not enough coverage. So, is stepping down grounds for dismissal? How would one approach this without making them angry?
Unless you change position/job description there should not be a change in pay for Full-time to part-time although your benefits will decrease to the PT offering. Also for associates that have reached the Social security benetit there is a way to set you to a fixed pay level that will not increase every year if you need that. I suggest you have a simple conversation with your HRM and SM to let them know where you are with your age and plans and see what they can come up with. Lowes can always use some PT cashiers and with your experience you would be an asset. Also you could ask for limited hours and just give an availability that lets the store have flexibility for the number of hours you want with the ability to schedule you where there is a customer need.
easily amused

Mooresville, NC

#40 Jul 15, 2012
nedm wrote:
Actually net before tax (nbt) is a major metric of determining a bonus.
Get off the plantation man. Don't be trapped in the bubble of lowe's otherwise you might end up like this!
www.yanksarecoming.com/wp-content/uploads/200...
That's true. Along with top line sales and, depending on if you were refering to salesfloor associates or just senior management, customer focused scores. I guess that makes you ALMOST correct. That's like you ALMOST losing you virginity one day. Funny picture of the kid in the bubble though. Thanks for the laugh.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowes Companies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Morale in the toilet? 14 min Uhhhhhh 15
Niblock era is over, Marvin Ellison appointed C... 1 hr Burned 18
new ceo 4 hr whydotheydothis 3
Weekday Team being phased out (May '17) 6 hr HRhuffandstuff 49
Denied Breavement 8 hr Piece of cake 20
CPO is a total failure (Jun '17) 9 hr Yano 38
Freight out the ying-yang 9 hr thinkofyoumanagem... 15
PSS Going Away? 12 hr MARKET 850 29