Lowes has finally realized the custom...

Lowes has finally realized the customer is not always right!!

Posted in the Lowes Companies Forum

NewBee

Van Alstyne, TX

#1 Aug 30, 2012
It appears as though a large retailer has finally realized that the customer is not always right! Itís about time. Way to go Lowes, it was a very ballsy move to decide to store it for next year than to sell it at a loss. The customer is being trained to wait and they can get it for nothing, we have got to lead the way in putting a stop to this.
Now we need to stop taking back any and everything that is returned, so letís go ahead, hang them on the wall and stand our ground with a return policy. I.e. If we do not stock it at our location require them to return it to the location it was purchased at, if it is warped like wood or damaged like sheet rock, has nail holes in it or painted and wasnít purchased that way or opened and not restock able say no! The same people doing this would not even think about buying it from us the in the condition that they are returning it in. NO! Receipt No ReturnÖ.(MYLowes receipt counts)
We have got to put a stop to this customer entitlement training or we will not survive the upcoming entitlement generation. All we owe them is good service, fair prices and appreciation for choosing to shop with us. And if that is not good enough let them shop elsewhere and they will be back. No Pain No Gain! Sometimes you have to back up to move forward!
It is the right thing to do and every other major retailer is just waiting for someone else to take the lead so that they can jump aboard with the same mentality.
You have started the fire now add the gasoline and set to blazing, we will not be alone. Every other retailer will bring fuel to the fire. IT IS ABOUT TIME.

Thank you
hnlpf

United States

#2 Aug 30, 2012
I fully agree not only will it stop the entitlement mentality but it will reduce the shrink by stopping the shoplifters returning their spoils
DirtyBird

Los Banos, CA

#3 Aug 30, 2012
NewBee....you 've hit the nail on the head! We have taught customers that we are the Neiman-Marcus of the HIW's. You can return tires, panties and half-eaten candy bars and we're so stupid that we take it as though we have good sense.
Time we stopped that.
ISNT UR NAME TERRY

Schnecksville, PA

#4 Sep 3, 2012
DirtyBird wrote:
NewBee....you 've hit the nail on the head! We have taught customers that we are the Neiman-Marcus of the HIW's. You can return tires, panties and half-eaten candy bars and we're so stupid that we take it as though we have good sense.
Time we stopped that.
I thought you quit Lowe's and Roger Sykes got you a job cleaning banks and offices at night? So what did you do with those returned panties and half eaten candy bars?

I think we all know the answer to that.
Robert Niblock Quotes

Schnecksville, PA

#5 Sep 4, 2012
"As a result, our comparable store sales for the quarter remained weak and fell at the low end of our expectations. However, in this challenging sales environment and throughout this prolonged industry downturn, we are continuing to capture market share, which is evidence of our compelling product offering and commitment to customer service."
Radar

Walkerton, IN

#6 Sep 5, 2012
Thanks for the clarification, Mr. Niblock. Assuming accepting damaged goods that were bought at our competitors counts as "market share."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowes Companies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Let's buy a billboard 8 hr 1040 ez e 2
male discrimination 9 hr Rhg1213 11
i love this company 12 hr grump 1
Targeted 12 hr rumple foreskin 19
Another round of Corp layoffs in June? 12 hr Former Dm 15
Weekday Team being phased out 13 hr wtf 14
Tooting on Management 13 hr Blowes 3
sad times 19 hr Haywood girl 25
Heard a new rumor 21 hr Jack 76
This thread is for factual re-structure informa... Thu Greenbacks 2,263