First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1 Oct 4, 2011
Someone commented on the New front end look---"looks like Home Depot." What is the reasoning for the new look and selling candy etc?
skyy

Mooresville, NC

#2 Oct 4, 2011
i think that theyre missing a few much needed registers. if this is supposed to increase sales then something is wrong. the look should be like targets front end. more registers and the appearance for customers to be able to get out fast.
wheredoesitend

Wilmington, DE

#3 Oct 5, 2011
The new look is stupid. Customers in my store don't know where to go. Keep asking where is customer service. Tell them hiding behind the wall. Less registers ? Oh thats smart. Most of the CCIC's are there are not enough registers. Guess they figure they don't need all those registers when they only schedule 2 cashiers. Why do we always have to be the follower why not a leader for once.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#4 Oct 8, 2011
tonyrodriquez wrote:
Someone commented on the New front end look---"looks like Home Depot." What is the reasoning for the new look and selling candy etc?
Candy is high, high margin.
DMGuy

Stanton, MI

#5 Oct 9, 2011
Nessun Dorma wrote:
<quoted text>
Candy is high, high margin.
And quite tasty

Location hidden

#6 Oct 9, 2011
DMGuy wrote:
<quoted text>And quite tasty
Do you think you will be with us tomorrow, DM guy?
Alicia

Glassboro, NJ

#7 Oct 12, 2011
Hate working with the new look. It forces customers to use Self checkout, which is already annoying. All the registers are too far away from customer service and the head cashier, if we need an override, help, ect.
Sugah

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Oct 12, 2011
Is this new look part of a new front end look?
Guy

Milford, MI

#9 Oct 13, 2011
Nessun Dorma wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think you will be with us tomorrow, DM guy?
I think so ;)

Gonna have to change my name on here though.
MDGuy

Milford, MI

#10 Oct 13, 2011
Better?

Location hidden

#11 Oct 13, 2011
MDGuy wrote:
Better?
Congrats.
razorback3871

United States

#12 Oct 13, 2011
tonyrodriquez wrote:
Turning into walmart
saw this coming

AOL

#13 Oct 13, 2011
Whats with the smiley faces on the reciepts? Yeah, it DOES look like we're becoming WALMART
razorback3871

Marshall, TX

#14 Oct 14, 2011
Just wait until they get rid of ASM go to store manager admin manager n ops/sales manager. That's why keys are being given to dept managers
Hip

Milford, MI

#15 Oct 14, 2011
razorback3871 wrote:
Just wait until they get rid of ASM go to store manager admin manager n ops/sales manager. That's why keys are being given to dept managers
Uhhh...incorrect.
In a perfect world

Grand Rapids, MI

#16 Oct 14, 2011
razorback3871 wrote:
Close but no cigar !!
There is no such thing as sales/ops, they just got rid of them.

Location hidden

#17 Oct 14, 2011
razorback3871 wrote:
Sorry. Bad info.
razorback3871

United States

#18 Oct 14, 2011
The reason I say that is they did it in the company that they brought oversees. I forgot the name but I will try to locate it
razorback3871

United States

#19 Oct 14, 2011
The reason I say that is they did it in the company that they brought oversees. I forgot the name but I will try to locate it

It was Woolworth in Australia Lowes is 1/3 owner
razorback3871

United States

#20 Oct 14, 2011
Nessun Dorma wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry. Bad info.
It is woolworths. Lowes is 1/3 owner

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowes Companies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Some CEO's get it when it comes to Perks 4 hr whydotheydothis 3
HA ! Employee appreciation? Fri charlie Chapman 5
Just when is the Vegas meeting (Feb '12) Thu Former Manager 9
Cuba bound we go.... Thu nedm 1
an hr manager at lowes....just say no!! (Apr '13) Thu nedm 64
18 year Lowes employee stops theft, gets fired! (Oct '13) Dec 12 Wow 31
Lowe's to Introduce HGTV Home by Sherwin-Williams Dec 11 chance17 1
More from around the web