Regional Meeting In Atlanta

Regional Meeting In Atlanta

Posted in the Lowes Companies Forum

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#1 Aug 1, 2012
So...Vegas wasn't too long ago, and now our SM just left for ATL for a week for what I heard was a regional meeting.

Are all regions having similar meetings in central locations?

Wonder what is going on?

Gotta be expensive if this is a company wide meeting. Oh...wait -- they've got lots of extra money now.

Discuss.
what I know

Mooresville, NC

#2 Aug 1, 2012
LEF, if you screw up orders over and over you are gone, world peace.
Thatoneguy

Cape Girardeau, MO

#3 Aug 1, 2012
I think this might be the sm meeting for bmr 5 unleash your sales potential. They are supposed to be reviewing new sales tactic.
FormerSM

Fort Wayne, IN

#4 Aug 1, 2012
people_amaze_me wrote:
So...Vegas wasn't too long ago, and now our SM just left for ATL for a week for what I heard was a regional meeting.
Are all regions having similar meetings in central locations?
Wonder what is going on?
Gotta be expensive if this is a company wide meeting. Oh...wait -- they've got lots of extra money now.
Discuss.
Mid year meetings by Region. They've been happening every year for a long time. They're 2-3 days....no frills. No big deal. Just reviewing region performance and plans for the 2nd half of the year.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#5 Aug 1, 2012
what I know wrote:
LEF, if you screw up orders over and over you are gone, world peace.
Training is terrible on systems, processes etc. but we held accountable if we screw up.

Is it me or do other people feel that management tries to push the blame onto their employees instead of looking at themselves? They won't train you but you better know how to use backup inventory,SOS, SOS with manual ordering (faxing in the order) etc. Guess we are suppose to get it by walking around looking for parts--by osmosis.
Bird

Fenton, MI

#6 Aug 1, 2012
Pedro Rodriquez wrote:
<quoted text>
Training is terrible on systems, processes etc. but we held accountable if we screw up.
Is it me or do other people feel that management tries to push the blame onto their employees instead of looking at themselves? They won't train you but you better know how to use backup inventory,SOS, SOS with manual ordering (faxing in the order) etc. Guess we are suppose to get it by walking around looking for parts--by osmosis.
There were a few instances where people in my store tried to force me to sign a training worksheet because of price discrepancies on SOS orders. One time, it was because of a price that was given to me over the phone by a vendor whose name I recorded in the comments, another time, it was because of pricing instructions from an SOS order kiosk, and lastly, M20 had the wrong price programmed into the system, I had nothing to do with it. The first time, I was rather new at Lowe's, so when I did the wrong thing by instruction from the SOS kiosk, I just gave in to their pleas and signed the worksheet. I was told, "it just shows that we went over this with you, it doesn't count towards you for a write-up or anything, it just has to be stapled to the discrepancy sheet." However, later, I found this training worksheet in my file in the HR office. So, when the other two instances arose, I refused to sign. I told several people "NO", it wasn't my fault. In one instance, the vendor gave me Lowe's Cost as the customer price, and in another instance, again, M20 had the wrong price of the product programmed into it. On both worksheets, I wrote the problems on them, and also wrote that I would not sign for stated reasons being that it was not my fault that the discrepancy was made. I got the same old "It doesn't count against you for anything", however, I cannot see a reason to keep something in an HR file if it doesn't count against you. Why even keep track if it can't be used as something in a case against you? I got alot of flack for not signing them, but I decided that from there on out, I will not sign a training worksheet unless it was 100% my fault.

Heck, I saw a guy get a write up for a register being short on money. However, the register was used by several people that day, so nobody could prove whose fault the shortage was. He signed a training worksheet under pressure, and was then written up as a result of his forced admission, and was later let go with that as ammunition in his firing. I refuse to do it ever again. I also saw another person sign what was called a "training worksheet that wouldn't count as a write up", and in turn get fired because of the supposed "non-write up" situation. Again, they wouldn't keep them in a file unless it can be used against you for something. Never, ever sign anything, even a simple training worksheet, if it wasn't your fault that a mistake was made.

Location hidden

#7 Aug 2, 2012
Bird wrote:
<quoted text>
There were a few instances where people in my store tried to force me to sign a training worksheet because of price discrepancies on SOS orders. One time, it was because of a price that was given to me over the phone by a vendor whose name I recorded in the comments, another time, it was because of pricing instructions from an SOS order kiosk, and lastly, M20 had the wrong price programmed into the system, I had nothing to do with it. The first time, I was rather new at Lowe's, so when I did the wrong thing by instruction from the SOS kiosk, I just gave in to their pleas and signed the worksheet. I was told, "it just shows that we went over this with you, it doesn't count towards you for a write-up or anything, it just has to be stapled to the discrepancy sheet." However, later, I found this training worksheet in my file in the HR office. So, when the other two instances arose, I refused to sign. I told several people "NO", it wasn't my fault. In one instance, the vendor gave me Lowe's Cost as the customer price, and in another instance, again, M20 had the wrong price of the product programmed into it. On both worksheets, I wrote the problems on them, and also wrote that I would not sign for stated reasons being that it was not my fault that the discrepancy was made. I got the same old "It doesn't count against you for anything", however, I cannot see a reason to keep something in an HR file if it doesn't count against you. Why even keep track if it can't be used as something in a case against you? I got alot of flack for not signing them, but I decided that from there on out, I will not sign a training worksheet unless it was 100% my fault.
Heck, I saw a guy get a write up for a register being short on money. However, the register was used by several people that day, so nobody could prove whose fault the shortage was. He signed a training worksheet under pressure, and was then written up as a result of his forced admission, and was later let go with that as ammunition in his firing. I refuse to do it ever again. I also saw another person sign what was called a "training worksheet that wouldn't count as a write up", and in turn get fired because of the supposed "non-write up" situation. Again, they wouldn't keep them in a file unless it can be used against you for something. Never, ever sign anything, even a simple training worksheet, if it wasn't your fault that a mistake was made.
I don't understand their reasoning-they are write up happy-the underlying tone is we are here to get you--we don't care about what good you have done but we sure care about the negatives. I wonder if they treat their spouses and kids the same way?
what I know

Mooresville, NC

#8 Aug 2, 2012
I don't make any rules, just have to follow them. Just do your job ...or try to find a better one. In this day and age, good luck with that.

Location hidden

#9 Aug 2, 2012
what I know wrote:
I don't make any rules, just have to follow them. Just do your job ...or try to find a better one. In this day and age, good luck with that.
I do my job and so far (knock on wood) no writeups. Been called in a few times and accused of something but could prove otherwise. Never have been called in to say I am doing a good job. The general feeling is they are looking for reasons to write you up.
what I know

Mooresville, NC

#10 Aug 2, 2012
Disagree...there is always a reason, unless someone is out to get you. Never had a write up. Like I said, do your job and yap all you want at home, here in "corporate at will employment land" keep your mouth shut.
DMxMD

Gardner, KS

#11 Aug 2, 2012
Bird wrote:
<quoted text>
There are files in a cabinet that is most likely in your training room that are usually unlocked. These files are your "training sheets", powered equipment training and licenses, LLC transcripts, etc. those old sheets used for SOS screwups etc are still in there. These are seprate from your actual personell file in the hr office which is locked. Only salaried management has access. As for register shortages, there's a camera on every register. They don't write you up unless it's your fault.
Spanish Mike Alvarez

Schnecksville, PA

#13 Sep 17, 2012
Mientras lowes tiene empleados preocupados por las formas y listas de verificación, Home Depot se centra en los fundamentos de la venta al por menor. esto es lo que causará la desaparición eventual lowes

“Respect the Golden Rule”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#14 Sep 17, 2012
Creo españoles mike alvarez es un extranjero ilegal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowes Companies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why? 1 hr Schnauzer 11
catfish 2442 fort mill sc 3 hr Lumber 12
Looking For A Lowes...By The Book...Corp HR Con... 4 hr Mumbojumbo 2
586sad586 4 hr Mumbojumbo 67
More ASM's To Be Let Go February 2018 4 hr Super dude 140
Lowes is too stupid to close for icy roads! 5 hr Super dude 12
CSA5s one week to go... 5 hr Eaglez 3
Are you paying attention? 5 hr Former HR manager 14
Truth on layoffs- NO CRAP! 10 hr bob and weave 77
celibrate! Sat Bob Tillman 9