Is our severence gone feb 2013 for sp...
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
SMA

Schnecksville, PA

#103 Jan 21, 2013
Boring!!!

let's have another TROLL FIGHT!!!
nedm

Pembroke, MA

#104 Jan 21, 2013
"I do know you. Learned all I needed to know in your long-winded, whiny post. You mentioned you were concerned about keeping your job. You should be. Put your Philosophy degree to use in a different, more suitable venue."

Brad in all due respects there's nothing wrong with thinking.

If you want to survive as a small business owner you MUST learn new things. Otherwise someone else is going to eat your lunch.

I try to support small businesses when I can but respect has to be earned. The first computer I bought was from some small shop..which then had smoking coming out of it and the monitor blew out. Now they sell furniture! I know a local auto parts store that has great service but their lighting is so low that everyone passing it thinks it is empty store lighting and the lack of any visible bright signage only contributes to this.
Alvarez Clone

Mooresville, NC

#105 Jan 21, 2013
Brad Mason wrote:
<quoted text>
Name calling. First refuge of the ignorant.
You called him names first. If the shoe fits, wear it.
Jerk Busters

Orlando, FL

#106 Jan 21, 2013
Brad Mason wrote:
<quoted text>
No thank you. I don't need a bag.
You are a bag, a big Douche bag! Some business owner you are. Wonder if you treat your customers like this and I bet you're some boss. Get me a vomit bag.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#107 Jan 21, 2013
Alvarez Clone wrote:
<quoted text>
You called him names first. If the shoe fits, wear it.
assuming you can read, which is a huge leap, you'll see that I characterized his moaning as "whiny". No name calling.

Location hidden

#108 Jan 21, 2013
Jerk Busters wrote:
<quoted text>You are a bag, a big Douche bag! Some business owner you are. Wonder if you treat your customers like this and I bet you're some boss. Get me a vomit bag.
My customers and employees don't whine. They're happy people. Whining is aggravating and frankly a useless undertaking. If all the unhappy posters here are actually that upset, why not DO something about it. Sheesh, even my kids stopped whining when they were 6.

Location hidden

#109 Jan 21, 2013
Last post... Promise!(Insert applause)

I've lost two lucrative jobs in my career. One where the company went belly up and took my pension along with it, the other when the company moved their operations to Puerto Rico to save labor costs and increase profit. During all this I realized that I couldn't depend on an employer(s) to ensure my and my family's future. So, I started my landscaping business on a very small scale. Each year it grew to the point to where I could successfully do it full time and take my son on as a partner. Hard work, some luck, great employees and customers made it happen.

During the transition I worked for my fair share of incompetent bosses, co-workers and companies. Slackers, alcoholics (the worst), sexists, generally unfair morons. To be fair there were a ton of great folks I worked with and met along the way.

My point to the Pedros, wickerbills, and birds is... the organization isn't going to change on your behalf, regardless of how dedicated or talented, or correct you may be. Your a gnat on a fly's butt in the whole scheme of things. What can change is you. You can get out. Don't waste time being unhappy. Life is truly short.

Ciao!
Brad Mason get a real job

Schnecksville, PA

#110 Jan 21, 2013
Brad Mason wrote:
Last post... Promise!(Insert applause)
I've lost two lucrative jobs in my career. One where the company went belly up and took my pension along with it, the other when the company moved their operations to Puerto Rico to save labor costs and increase profit. During all this I realized that I couldn't depend on an employer(s) to ensure my and my family's future. So, I started my landscaping business on a very small scale. Each year it grew to the point to where I could successfully do it full time and take my son on as a partner. Hard work, some luck, great employees and customers made it happen.
During the transition I worked for my fair share of incompetent bosses, co-workers and companies. Slackers, alcoholics (the worst), sexists, generally unfair morons. To be fair there were a ton of great folks I worked with and met along the way.
My point to the Pedros, wickerbills, and birds is... the organization isn't going to change on your behalf, regardless of how dedicated or talented, or correct you may be. Your a gnat on a fly's butt in the whole scheme of things. What can change is you. You can get out. Don't waste time being unhappy. Life is truly short.
Ciao!
OK now I remember this blowhard as exmanager or whatever. He is out competing with illegal mexicans for your lawn business. What he neglects to tell you that his wife has a real job, is the main bread winner, who provides the health insurance for his family, while he and his son are mowing lawns at $25.00 a pop.

Yes, you too can be a "Entrepreneur" like him, if you have a wife that can pay all the bills. All his "management experience" is him bossing his son around while he sleeps in an air conditioned truck.

Very impressive. His business is so busy that he lurks on Topix 24/7 waiting to respond to nedm's posts.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#111 Jan 21, 2013
Brad Mason get a real job wrote:
<quoted text>
OK now I remember this blowhard as exmanager or whatever. He is out competing with illegal mexicans for your lawn business. What he neglects to tell you that his wife has a real job, is the main bread winner, who provides the health insurance for his family, while he and his son are mowing lawns at $25.00 a pop.
Yes, you too can be a "Entrepreneur" like him, if you have a wife that can pay all the bills. All his "management experience" is him bossing his son around while he sleeps in an air conditioned truck.
Very impressive. His business is so busy that he lurks on Topix 24/7 waiting to respond to nedm's posts.
This is unfair to Brad. Being self employed is no easy job-especially the landscaping business (ever laid sod?) I don't agree with all his points because he doesn't work at Lowes nor understands my situation (age, economy, background etc). That's the problem with print media.
Exlax Cookie Recipe

Schnecksville, PA

#112 Jan 21, 2013
Pedro Rodriquez wrote:
<quoted text>
This is unfair to Brad. Being self employed is no easy job-especially the landscaping business (ever laid sod?) I don't agree with all his points because he doesn't work at Lowes nor understands my situation (age, economy, background etc). That's the problem with print media.
Pedro stop protecting your abusers. I have your back. Elder abuse on this forum will not be tolerated.
nedm

Pembroke, MA

#113 Jan 21, 2013
I get what he means. I mean lowes isn't the ONLY employer around.

If they cared they would have shown something other than indifference to the housing market.
they stopped caring

Schnecksville, PA

#114 Jan 22, 2013
nedm wrote:
I get what he means. I mean lowes isn't the ONLY employer around.
If they cared they would have shown something other than indifference to the housing market.
The day Lowe's decided to discontinue the employee stock ownership plan as a way to increase their profits, was the day they stopped caring about their employees.
Alvarez Clone

Mooresville, NC

#115 Jan 22, 2013
Brad Mason get a real job wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeahhhhhhh, he is the one not smart enough to know his "good buddy" the store manager picked him to be gone in the manager's purge. Guess his attitude and performance weren't good enough to be kept by Lowes. and he has the cojones to criticize anybody here. Pity his son. All he can teach him is failure.

He said he will post no more, but he is already back under a new alias. Guess his bitterness just won't let Lowes go.
zal front load

Angola, NY

#116 Jan 22, 2013
we have reached the day where performance has very little to do with anything

“Bumming a smoke in Fresno”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#117 Feb 4, 2013
take a break wrote:
<quoted text>You are both idiots, although you are considerably more so and infinitely more of anannoying sh*thead
It looks like someone set her face on fire and put it out with a track shoe

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowes Companies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lowes pilot program in east coast to eliminate ... (Oct '15) 5 hr Test subject 1,131
Our Store RTM guy just lost his door! 14 hr Boardwalkties 13
Politics Sucks Thu Doof 2
Holiday Pay now a 'use it or loose it' category... Wed RetailSlave2816969 9
Congratulations Bob! May 25 Blind Rodent 2
New Overtime Rules May 25 JesusTapdancingCh... 16
RTM Position going away? May 24 HoldingOn 9
More from around the web