lonly

Mooresville, NC

#1 Mar 16, 2012
anyone have any info on the ASM's rotaing to diffrent zones??? like zone one ASM to admin,admin to nightstocking.

Caruthersville, MO

#2 Mar 16, 2012
Every july and january they will rotate.
partofthesolutio n

Medford, NJ

#3 Mar 17, 2012
lonly wrote:
anyone have any info on the ASM's rotaing to diffrent zones??? like zone one ASM to admin,admin to nightstocking.
They will start with any asms who've been in the same spot for a few years, except admins. They will move some of those people to other zones, and some will begin a 6 or 8 week off and on training with their aom to learn admin. Then those people will be put into some of the admin roles so the existing admins can be moved to another zone. It's not a set July and January timeframe, yet, but that is the goal. Depending on the talent in each store, there may end up being moves from store to store in the market.
SouthStrMgr

United States

#4 Mar 23, 2012
partofthesolution wrote:
<quoted text>
They will start with any asms who've been in the same spot for a few years, except admins. They will move some of those people to other zones, and some will begin a 6 or 8 week off and on training with their aom to learn admin. Then those people will be put into some of the admin roles so the existing admins can be moved to another zone. It's not a set July and January timeframe, yet, but that is the goal. Depending
on the talent in each store, there may end up being moves from store to store in the market.
Max term will be 24 months, direction given to prepare asm's for future roles, & current Sam's to prepare their zones for easy transition....

United States

#5 Mar 23, 2012
SouthStrMgr wrote:
<quoted text>Max term will be 24 months, direction given to prepare asm's for future roles, & current Sam's to prepare their zones for easy transition....
What will be the asm's future roles. And what does sam stand for
HiH

Hartland, MI

#6 Mar 23, 2012
My guess is Sams was a typo for SM.
SouthStrMgr

Blacksburg, SC

#7 Mar 24, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
What will be the asm's future roles. And what does sam stand for
Oops..Sam should have been Asm....
partofthesolutio n

Medford, NJ

#8 Mar 25, 2012
The main reason this rotation process is being put in place is the lack of desired results from the elimination of zosa. They wanted 4 or 5, depending on your store, assistant store managers. Instead, they ended up with zone managers again, who may run a great zone 2, but don't see the big picture in their stores. They're not thinking globally, not addressing store issues because the asm over that area isn't there that day, for example. They open the building, get things running, and then neglect all areas that aren't in their given zone, leaving the store manager holding the bag when the market director comes around and sees employees not engaged with customers, or not correcting obvious issues.
Heresathought

Mooresville, NC

#9 Mar 25, 2012
Then remove the tasks that pin them down to one area.
As long as a person is responsible for certain people or a certain area, than that is where their interest will be.
But they will never do that , because you can't hld people accountable if everyone is responsible. If you can't isolate the offending person, you will never get rid of the bad ASM's
partofthesolutio n

Downingtown, PA

#10 Mar 25, 2012
Heresathought wrote:
Then remove the tasks that pin them down to one area.
As long as a person is responsible for certain people or a certain area, than that is where their interest will be.
But they will never do that , because you can't hld people accountable if everyone is responsible. If you can't isolate the offending person, you will never get rid of the bad ASM's
Excellent point! And, you also have asms who have a lot of pride in their area, and love the accolades for being the best in their position. But it can be easy for a market director or aom, etc, to see who is an assistant store manager, and who is a really good department manager in an asm position. If the asms can't address issues outside their area, because they have to spend their time in their zone, how effective is that asm at training his people. It's good to get dirty with your ppl once in awhile, but if you're doing all the work, you're ineffective in your asm role.
wow

Oakley, CA

#11 Mar 27, 2012
I dont like the new asm rotation,It not be effective an soon the money will go away.Its time for the Admin asms to not train or talk about the job.I was an ops an lost all that.
The Company needs to deal with the problems an get rid of that first.
OhNoHeDidnt

Lakewood, OH

#12 Mar 27, 2012
wow wrote:
I dont like the new asm rotation,It not be effective an soon the money will go away.Its time for the Admin asms to not train or talk about the job.I was an ops an lost all that.
The Company needs to deal with the problems an get rid of that first.
Maybe you're no longer an Ops because you can't put together a sentence that makes sense.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#13 Mar 27, 2012
I have read what supposedly Managers have written here, connections and daily meeting notes and have been appalled at their grammar, spelling and inability to put together a sentence. They don't appear to be the brightest bulbs on the tree...but they can follow corporates' mandates...kind of,sort of.

I would be embarrassed if I wrote like that being a manager. Use spell check at least.
robjam

Grand Bay, AL

#14 Mar 30, 2012
partofthesolution wrote:
The main reason this rotation process is being put in place is the lack of desired results from the elimination of zosa. They wanted 4 or 5, depending on your store, assistant store managers. Instead, they ended up with zone managers again, who may run a great zone 2, but don't see the big picture in their stores. They're not thinking globally, not addressing store issues because the asm over that area isn't there that day, for example. They open the building, get things running, and then neglect all areas that aren't in their given zone, leaving the store manager holding the bag when the market director comes around and sees employees not engaged with customers, or not correcting obvious issues.
I must comment on this one. Many ASM's do not think "globally" as stated. The structure of Lowe's Past is quite responsible for that. As far as opening the store, getting things running and then ignoring everything that happens except in their zone...in my store there is usually only one ASM at opening and closing. Think a moment about the size of the store and what has to be accomplished in opening and closing the store. Think, too, about the number of customers that have to "speak to the manager", the number that call up and want the manager, the number of questions that associates need answers to, the filling of slots that need to be filled caused by call-ins, etc. The Store Manager in my store is not left holding the bag for anything. He is respected and supported by all ASM's, each one staying positive amid turmoil. If you are having problems with associates being engaged, I suggest that the problem is deeper and perhaps more complex than merely blaming the ASM's.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#15 Mar 31, 2012
robjam wrote:
<quoted text>
I must comment on this one. Many ASM's do not think "globally" as stated. The structure of Lowe's Past is quite responsible for that. As far as opening the store, getting things running and then ignoring everything that happens except in their zone...in my store there is usually only one ASM at opening and closing. Think a moment about the size of the store and what has to be accomplished in opening and closing the store. Think, too, about the number of customers that have to "speak to the manager", the number that call up and want the manager, the number of questions that associates need answers to, the filling of slots that need to be filled caused by call-ins, etc. The Store Manager in my store is not left holding the bag for anything. He is respected and supported by all ASM's, each one staying positive amid turmoil. If you are having problems with associates being engaged, I suggest that the problem is deeper and perhaps more complex than merely blaming the ASM's.
I think the problem is systemic-the corporate culture, training etc has a lot to be desired. It seems like management is taught to be stand-offish--we see this from the management from District, LP, etc-little interaction with us. Walk right by without saying good morning or anything. They may be successful as a company and that is thanks to the folks in the trenches. They would not get their accolades or bonuses without the people in the trenches doing their job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowes Companies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Employee Monitoring 1 hr Helpful Hint 10
Identified Boardwalkties Fri BobbyJay 5
How do you become an asm Oct 19 charlie Chapman 9
Where is the corporate leadership? Oct 19 mooresville28117 11
Loss Prevention (Mar '13) Oct 16 whydotheydothis 67
ASM doesn't know how to do labels Oct 14 CSAslave 1
Meetings with union rep after hours? Oct 13 never change corp... 26

Lowes Companies People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE