Snyder's announces plans to merge wit...

Snyder's announces plans to merge with Lance Inc.

There are 13 comments on the Evening Sun story from Jul 22, 2010, titled Snyder's announces plans to merge with Lance Inc.. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

Snyders' of Hanover announced it's plans to merge with Lance Inc. Thursday. A headquarters will remain in town, but it's unknown at this point what its function may be.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

former Hanover resident

Atlanta, GA

#1 Jul 23, 2010
According to a story on Bloomberg, David Singer from Lance will remain the CEO of the combined company.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-07-22/snyd...
Yah Sure

Sterling, VA

#2 Jul 23, 2010
A merger of equals with the headquarters in Charlotte. With all that was written, Lance is TAKING OVER Snyder's with Lance's corporate culture ruling the roost.
former chief

Louisville, CO

#3 Jul 23, 2010
You still can't beat a UTZ chip. Happy Days Wayne
Chris

Macungie, PA

#4 Jul 23, 2010
Bummer! Another local company homogenized.
If Lance is smart, they'll keep the Snyder's of Hanover brand separate.
Investor

Hanover, PA

#5 Jul 23, 2010
Keep in mind...Snyder's will control 50.1% of the stock...a wise move.
RUSTY46

Reading, PA

#6 Jul 23, 2010
Last time I checked companies were still allowed to do things like this.

In the future they may not with big government but right now it is still allowed.
Timeout

Hanover, PA

#7 Jul 23, 2010
Guess you can say that Utz was smart to pull out of the possible merger.
Hanover transplant

York, PA

#8 Jul 23, 2010
Mike Rice had the chance to be part of Snyders but didn't want the SEC poking around his financials...i.e.paying for the East Berlin Mansion and The Avalon mansion through the business. So he backed out. Saying UTZ was smart...don't think so. Snyders is #2 in the NATION behind ROLD GOLD. Only reason Rold Gold is so high is because they are FRITO LAY. If Utz was so smart they should have done it, and gone against Frito when they had the chance. NOW...they are ripe for the picking...provided egos allow it...we shall see.
Barry Quit

York, PA

#9 Jul 23, 2010
I'm hoping to read this....The deal was called off about a month later after Lance officials backed out, citing a lengthy and costly review process by the Federal Trade Commission.
get the real facts

York, PA

#10 Jul 24, 2010
Yah Sure wrote:
A merger of equals with the headquarters in Charlotte. With all that was written, Lance is TAKING OVER Snyder's with Lance's corporate culture ruling the roost.
Snyder's has 50.1% of company, thats why it will be called SNYDERS-Lance. Also Warehime will remain chairman while Carl Lee will remain president. There will be 2 corporate headquarters. Time will tell how this plays out. Hopefully for the best for all of Hanover.

Since: Jan 09

Hanover

#11 Jul 24, 2010
Hanover transplant wrote:
Mike Rice had the chance to be part of Snyders but didn't want the SEC poking around his financials...i.e.paying for the East Berlin Mansion and The Avalon mansion through the business. So he backed out. Saying UTZ was smart...don't think so. Snyders is #2 in the NATION behind ROLD GOLD. Only reason Rold Gold is so high is because they are FRITO LAY. If Utz was so smart they should have done it, and gone against Frito when they had the chance. NOW...they are ripe for the picking...provided egos allow it...we shall see.
Where is this East Berlin mansion?
CAMPER

Boston, MA

#13 Sep 22, 2010
i hope it will be a good merger .snyder and lance good companies. i hope they have money left for more aquisitions
CAMPER

Boston, MA

#14 Sep 22, 2010
Chris wrote:
Bummer! Another local company homogenized.
If Lance is smart, they'll keep the Snyder's of Hanover brand separate.
they will .just like cape cod chips.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
no suprise (Mar '14) Jul '14 I b o suckered no... 2
News US: Snyder's-Lance earnings jump on core brand ... (Mar '14) Mar '14 no name 3
News Snyder's-Lance deal clears the FTC (Aug '10) Jan '14 Paul 17
News Snack deal final (Dec '10) Nov '12 naresh kumar 10
News Lance buys Stella D'oro, plans to move bakery t... (Sep '09) Aug '11 America Gentleman... 19
News Snyder's-Lance unveils new corporate logo (Apr '11) Apr '11 UtzUtzUtz 14
News Lance, Snyder merger final (Dec '10) Jan '11 dsd operator 4
More from around the web