Drugmaker Lilly enters guilty plea in...

Drugmaker Lilly enters guilty plea in Zyprexa case

There are 23 comments on the IBJ.COM story from Jan 30, 2009, titled Drugmaker Lilly enters guilty plea in Zyprexa case. In it, IBJ.COM reports that:

The U.S. Attorney's Office for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania says drugmaker Eli Lilly & Co.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at IBJ.COM.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Zyprexa Death

Statesboro, GA

#1 Feb 24, 2009
Eli-lily needs to be confessing to murder. The blockbuster drug Zyprexa is ceratin death starting with causing Diabetes, pancreatitus,neuropathy severe weight gain,gallbladder removel, which with all these wonderful side effects that everyone is ceratin to get, bring on a host of medical problems. We all would like to see just what kind of clinical trials were done on zyprexa. Must of been done on labrats....dead ones. As far as anyone getting paid for the deadly side effects, only judges and attorneys were paid millions to get the victims to sign a "HUSH CLAUSE" they were told they would get paid but in the end only the lawyers and judges got any money....
Sorgi Fan Club

United States

#2 Feb 24, 2009
Zyprexa Death wrote:
Eli-lily needs to be confessing to murder. The blockbuster drug Zyprexa is ceratin death starting with causing Diabetes, pancreatitus,neuropathy severe weight gain,gallbladder removel, which with all these wonderful side effects that everyone is ceratin to get, bring on a host of medical problems. We all would like to see just what kind of clinical trials were done on zyprexa. Must of been done on labrats....dead ones. As far as anyone getting paid for the deadly side effects, only judges and attorneys were paid millions to get the victims to sign a "HUSH CLAUSE" they were told they would get paid but in the end only the lawyers and judges got any money....
I'm not doubting or judging you, but you seem like you have some personal interest in this.
Zyprexa Death

Statesboro, GA

#3 Feb 24, 2009
Just observant..you can read all about it right here on ZYPREXA FORUM...and I for one am dying proof that ZYPREXA is certain death.

“Watchtower Whistle-Blower”

Since: Dec 06

Bangor Maine USA

#4 Feb 25, 2009

Eli Lilly Zyprexa LIES!

Zyprexa cost me over $250.00 a month supply (co-payment) and has up to ten times the risk (over non users) of causing diabetes and severe weight gain.

Zyprexa which is only FDA approved for schizophrenia (.5-1% of pop) and some bipolar (2% pop) and then an even smaller percentage of theses two groups.
[I was wrongfully given it 'off label' for PTSD]

So how does Zyprexa get to be the 7th largest drug sale in the world?
Eli Lilly is in deep trouble for using their drug reps to 'encourage' doctors to write zyprexa for non-FDA approved 'off label' uses.
The drug causes increased diabetes risk,and medicare picks up all the expensive fallout.

Zyprexa has generated a lot of bad press for Eli Lilly and they still have unresolved Zyprexa settlement claims.
Eli Lilly is reaping the whirlwind for unethical marketing of Zyprexa that has caused suffering and deaths.

Eli Lilly promotes sales of their #1 drug (Zyprexa $4.8 billion per year) that can *cause* diabetes and then turns around and makes billions selling more drugs to treat the diabetes.
Eli Lilly's # 1 cash cow Zyprexa has been over-prescribed and linked to a 10-times greater risk of causing type #2 diabetes and increased risk of heart attack.

Zyprexa claims being stonewalled
Where is the (now up to)$4.6 billion Eli Lilly Zyprexa settlement going as many victim claimants haven't been paid yet? It's the largest pharma-fraud-whistleblower case in US history.

There must be millions out there harmed by this drug.

Recent studies have found that atypical antipsychotics used to control agitation in aggressive Alzheimer patients (chemical straight-jacket) have unacceptable risk.

At 5 to ten times the cost of the old standby thorazine,recent comparative studies show the diabetes inducing zyprexa class of drugs are only borderline better in controlling symptoms.

Daniel Haszard http://shortmate.com/444/

[Only 9 percent of adult Americans think the pharmaceutical industry can be trusted right around the same rating as big tobacco.]

“Watchtower Whistle-Blower”

Since: Dec 06

Bangor Maine USA

#5 Feb 27, 2009
Daniel Haszard http://shortmate.com/444/

[Only 9 percent of adult Americans think the pharmaceutical industry can be trusted right around the same rating as big tobacco.]

Bump
Theresa

Northridge, CA

#6 Jul 6, 2009
Zyprexa Death wrote:
Hello,

My beloved late husband is one of the thousands of people who were killed by Zyprexa. His birthday is tomorrow. He would have been thirty-seven. He was only thirty-five when horrible horrendous Zyprexa killed him. Even though it was obvious that Zyprexa killed him, not one attorney would take my case.

Walk In Balance,
Theresa
Theresa

Northridge, CA

#7 Jul 6, 2009
Hello All,

Here are the side effects which affected my beloved late husband: Sudden onset of the fatal kind of type 1 diabetes. Sudden onset of pancreatitis. Ketoacidosis. Physicians in the ICU had me sign papers to amputate his hands. Fortunately, that did not happen. Kidney dialysis and blood transfusion. Instead of rapid weight gain, rapid weight loss. Blood sugar went to 1800. Every organ in body failed. Passed away on Dec 1, 2007. He was only thirty-five years old. He would have been thirty-seven years old tomorrow. Is Eli Lily a mass murderer? You better believe it!!!

Walk In Balance,
Theresa
wayne

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Jul 6, 2009
Don't give all the credit to Lilly, all drug companies are responsible for the needless pain, suffering and death they have inflicted not only on humans but animals as well.
Frankie55630

Hyannis, MA

#9 Jul 18, 2009
Sorry for your loss, I lost my son last May 23 08 to zyprexa.it was 1 week before his 22nd birthdayday, as if that wasn't enough we had to bury him ON his 22nd birthday.our lives will never be the same-his little brother misses him so much,we all do
His death was so sudden, this drug should NOT even be on the market, it is certain death to whoever takes it. he was prescribed zyprexa when he was only 13 yrs old because he talked to himself but drs called it psychosis He took himself off it abt 2 yrs later after MANY side effects-he was re-prescribed in 2006 with many other meds(all interacted) in May he died of cardiac arrest
This company should die like all the loved ones are dying. Put them out of business.they dont care one iota about peoples health only $$$
Theresa wrote:
<>
Hello,
My beloved late husband is one of the thousands of people who were killed by Zyprexa. His birthday is tomorrow. He would have been thirty-seven. He was only thirty-five when horrible horrendous Zyprexa killed him. Even though it was obvious that Zyprexa killed him, not one attorney would take my case.
Walk In Balance,
Theresa
michael

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Jul 18, 2009
Good thing Bew Cwinton didn't take any pharmaceutical lobby money when he allowed Pharmaceuticals the opportunity to FASTTRACK drugs to the market and store shelves, instead of sticking to the guidelines of labratory controlled testing.
Theresa

Northridge, CA

#11 Jul 18, 2009
Dear Frankie,

I am so sorry you and your family went through what my husband and I went through. We cannot replace our loved ones. I am sure the spirits of our loved ones are proud of what we are doing to warn people about horrendous Zyprexa. They do not want other people and their loved ones to suffer what we all did. My boyfriend just asked about the doctors who give or prescribe this horrible drug to their patients. The are guilty of murder, too.

Walk In Balance,
Theresa
SynapticRain

Stockton, KS

#12 Jul 20, 2009
what gets me is my life and health are trashed and i have been dieing slowly, mean while my family does not understand... why don't i have a good job or real life... i feel so disgaurded and iscarded by my old friends who have all moved on to eat or west coasts and gotten great jobs and moved up in world. i am rotting away taking piles of pills and injecting insulins... My greatest worry before Zyprexa was did my Vitamin C have Bioflavinoids in them?
I guess i am newby and you all have heard this self pity rant long ago.. but i guess cause i feel closer to death i needed to start writing.
the SYMLINpen is making me sicker since friday, that could be part of it. sorry to have ranted to you...
Theresa

Northridge, CA

#13 Jul 21, 2009
Dear SynapticRain,

Please don't be sorry about posting your message. Rant all you want. You have a good reason to do so. The more we share our experiences the more chances we have of saving other people and their loved ones from horrendous Zyprexa.

Walk In Balance,
Theresa
wayne

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Jul 21, 2009
STOP taking their poison and find a holistic practitioner who will perhaps start you on a chelation type program to purge your body of the pharma toxins so you can fight these scumbags. Getting healthy and staying healthy is an arduous task considering the obstacles put before us by the government run drug companies but it can be done. You need to try, and if you want my help i will.
SynapticRain wrote:
what gets me is my life and health are trashed and i have been dieing slowly, mean while my family does not understand... why don't i have a good job or real life... i feel so disgaurded and iscarded by my old friends who have all moved on to eat or west coasts and gotten great jobs and moved up in world. i am rotting away taking piles of pills and injecting insulins... My greatest worry before Zyprexa was did my Vitamin C have Bioflavinoids in them?
I guess i am newby and you all have heard this self pity rant long ago.. but i guess cause i feel closer to death i needed to start writing.
the SYMLINpen is making me sicker since friday, that could be part of it. sorry to have ranted to you...
Meow

Apache Junction, AZ

#15 Aug 25, 2009
Theresa, thanks to Zyprexa my husband died at age 38 in Jan. 2009 of basically all the same symptoms that yours did. It was horrible I had to have him taken off of life support because his body was destroyed and he was never waking up again. Angry does not even begin to describe how I feel.
Theresa wrote:
Hello All,
Here are the side effects which affected my beloved late husband: Sudden onset of the fatal kind of type 1 diabetes. Sudden onset of pancreatitis. Ketoacidosis. Physicians in the ICU had me sign papers to amputate his hands. Fortunately, that did not happen. Kidney dialysis and blood transfusion. Instead of rapid weight gain, rapid weight loss. Blood sugar went to 1800. Every organ in body failed. Passed away on Dec 1, 2007. He was only thirty-five years old. He would have been thirty-seven years old tomorrow. Is Eli Lily a mass murderer? You better believe it!!!
Walk In Balance,
Theresa
Theresa

Alameda, CA

#16 Aug 26, 2009
Dear Meow,

My heart goes out to you. I wish I had the right words to comfort you. I tried finding an attorney who would take my case, but none of them would touch it. People recommend attorneys, and I contact them to no avail. I hope you have better luck if you decide to take legal action. The best advice I can give you is to grieve in your own time and in your own way. Whatever feelings you have are normal as there are a lot of emotions which go with grieving. I understand your anger. I feel as though I am on a mission to prevent people from taking this horrendous drug which, as you know, is a killer. I tell everybody about what happened to my husband, and I tell them thousands of people have passed away the same way from this horrible drug. Meow, I am here. If you need to talk, I am all ears. I am so sorry you and your husband went through this horror. My love and blessing go out to you and your family.

Much Love To You,
Theresa
INNOCENT KILLER MANAGER

United States

#17 Sep 17, 2010
Cleveland connections in Cleveland is on the list to kill. It starts off with Euclid Meridia security then some of the doctors and psychiatrist.I would like for fans to eliminate these people. It can cause people to kill that never would if they were left alone. I can say it's 50/50 if they get killed.
meow meow

West Des Moines, IA

#18 Nov 16, 2010
Theresa wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello,
Walk In Balance,
Theresa
Zyprexa also killed my husband, he was only 38.
meow meow

West Des Moines, IA

#19 Nov 16, 2010
Theresa wrote:
Hello All,
Walk In Balance,
Theresa
Theresa, my husband's story was almost exactly the same.
christopher

New York, NY

#20 Nov 21, 2010
i had zprexa for insonia i trusted this doctor pancreatitus 5 hospitalizations. they are crimminals
i cant decribe the suffering this drug caused me with spoken language

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eli Lilly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Veritas Genetics draws $30 million in funding Oct '16 Stephany McDowell 1
News Icos to announce shareholder vote on Lilly bid (Jan '07) Jan '16 Evenstad 14
News Lilly to acquire Icos for $2 billion (Oct '06) Jan '16 Juan 30
News Lilly accused of price-fixing in Switzerland (Feb '09) Jan '16 Ellerby 17
News Icos leaders to get $68 million from company's ... (Nov '06) Jan '16 Madlem 20
News Eli Lilly: Experimental Alzheimer's drug shows ... (Jul '15) Jul '15 humanspirit 1
News Vivus Drug Helps Men Get Erections in 30 Minute... (Nov '09) Jun '15 Empty 16
More from around the web