What will the Episcopal Church look l...

What will the Episcopal Church look like in 2030?

There are 3 comments on the www.virtueonline.org story from Feb 19, 2012, titled What will the Episcopal Church look like in 2030?. In it, www.virtueonline.org reports that:

I was having a conversation today with a friend in which I recalled that, some time ago, I had predicted that the Anglican Church of Canada would be out of business by 2030 and the Episcopal Church by 2050. Now, before people make wrong assumptions about my motivation in saying that, let me hasten to state that I make those predictions with great sadness, and without any trace of smugness or schadenfreude. If I didn't love the Episcopal Church, I wouldn't have joined it, after having ministered in another tradition for nine years. But the Episcopal Church took a hard left turn after I got on board and sailed straight into an iceberg. And though the icy water has yet to hit the boiler room, several decks have already taken on water, and the ship is listing ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.virtueonline.org.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1 Feb 19, 2012
from virtueonline:

"When I say that the Episcopal Church will be out of business by 2050, I don't mean that every last Episcopal church will close its doors. Trinity, Wall Street, has enough money to operate in some form until the eschaton. All Saints, Pasadena, will continue to survive as long as there are liberals in Los Angeles who need religious validation of their lifestyles and political views ..."
Think Again

Four Oaks, NC

#2 Feb 19, 2012
Hopefully, their chruches will be empty! That would mean few souls damned for eternity.
not quite here

Dallas, TX

#3 Feb 19, 2012
Who cares?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eli Lilly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Icos to announce shareholder vote on Lilly bid (Jan '07) Jan '16 Evenstad 14
News Lilly to acquire Icos for $2 billion (Oct '06) Jan '16 Juan 30
News Lilly accused of price-fixing in Switzerland (Feb '09) Jan '16 Ellerby 17
News Icos leaders to get $68 million from company's ... (Nov '06) Jan '16 Madlem 20
News Eli Lilly: Experimental Alzheimer's drug shows ... (Jul '15) Jul '15 humanspirit 1
News Vivus Drug Helps Men Get Erections in 30 Minute... (Nov '09) Jun '15 Empty 16
News Businesses: Indiana's gay discrimination is bad... (Mar '15) Apr '15 droi 55
More from around the web