335 Eli Lilly employees accept buyout...

335 Eli Lilly employees accept buyout offer from drug maker

There are 11 comments on the WISH-TV 8 Indiana News story from May 9, 2008, titled 335 Eli Lilly employees accept buyout offer from drug maker. In it, WISH-TV 8 Indiana News reports that:

A total of 335 Eli Lilly and Co. employees have accepted voluntary buyouts from the drug maker, and their jobs will end June 30.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WISH-TV 8 Indiana News.

Morgan Barber

Long Beach, CA

#1 May 13, 2008
Well, so how much money are these buyout people gonna git ??
Betty

Marysville, OH

#2 May 14, 2008
It better be a lot.
Then I Saw You

Marysville, OH

#4 May 16, 2008
If somebody offered me a lot of money to leave my job, I would do it in a HEARTBEAT!

Would you?
anony

United States

#5 May 19, 2008
They get like a month of salary for every year they've been there times 2 or 3. Something like that. If you've been there 3 years you'd get something like 6 months salary.
so sad

United States

#8 Jun 18, 2010
Then I Saw You wrote:
If somebody offered me a lot of money to leave my job, I would do it in a HEARTBEAT!
Would you?
Sad you don't enjoy your job. Yes I suppose an early retirement would be welcome by many who have many years put in and now want to enjoy the fruits of thei labor, but many many people just really enjoy their jobs.

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#10 Jun 18, 2010
anony wrote:
They get like a month of salary for every year they've been there times 2 or 3. Something like that. If you've been there 3 years you'd get something like 6 months salary.
If you worked at Lilly less than 10 years, you get 3x your monthly salary. There is a graduated scale for more than 10 years of service.
Alexander

Providence, UT

#11 Jun 27, 2010
o wrote:
I can recommend a reputable Indian pharmacy http://indiantrustedpills.info
Before I ordered medicines here I ran a thorough investigation on the manufacturing practices in India in general and found out that there is death penalty for counterfeiting drugs there. I figured it would be enough to give the pills a try and I was quite satisfied with the result. There is no difference in effectiveness as far as I can tell between the brand and generic versions. The real difference is price, no comparison.
And the this suppliers seem honest and reliable. I hope this info will be of any help to the community.
Thanks for that address. http://indiantrustedpills.info has my pills within a week at my door. They perfectly work! I have found them very good value for money. My special 5% discount coupon 5waf5h.
You can save your money. I hope this information will be useful to buyers.
Daniel

France

#12 Jul 7, 2010
l wrote:
Thanks for that address. http://indiantrustedpills.info has my pills within a week at my door. They perfectly work! I have found them very good value for money. My special 5% discount coupon 5waf5h.
You can save your money. I hope this information will be useful to buyers.
How to use a discount coupon site http://indiantrustedpills.info ? Thanks.
David

Plymouth, MN

#13 Jul 8, 2010
i wrote:
How to use a discount coupon site http://indiantrustedpills.info ? Thanks.
There is a question ‘Have a coupon?’ on the secure checkout page. After clicking on it the special form will appear. It can be filled with a coupon name. Clicking on “Submit” will recount the total amount of the order. Only one coupon can be used with one order. If you use it, the question (Have a coupon?) disappears. Regards, David
JAMES

Phoenix, AZ

#14 Jul 17, 2010
I go to mexico to buy my medicines and I don't
need a script. Piss on eli lilly,hope they fire
everyone!!!4633
Danny Haszard

Pittsfield, ME

#21 Oct 4, 2010
A New York Times report reviews what has been accomplished by multiple civil
and criminal lawsuits against Big Pharma companies that have relied on fraud
to market industry's worst pharmaceuticals--antipsychotic drugs--which have
become industry's most profitable cash cow.

"The new generation of antipsychotics has also become the single biggest
target of the False Claims Act, a federal law once largely aimed at fraud
among military contractors. Every major company selling the drugs -
Bristol-Myers Squibb, Eli Lilly, Pfizer, AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson -
has either settled recent government cases for hundreds of millions of
dollars or is currently under investigation for possible health care fraud."

"Two of the settlements, involving charges of illegal marketing, set records
last year for the largest criminal fines ever imposed on corporations. One
involved Eli Lilly's antipsychotic, Zyprexa.

The deal with Zyprexa is that Eli Lilly pleaded guilty to criminal wrongs ("viva Zyprexa" campaign) the Zyprexa saga was rotten through and through.

Eight Lilly EMPLOYEES got about $8 million each as supposed informant 'whistle blowers'.Lawyers on BOTH sides got millions and millions......most patient claimants who got sick are 'mentally challenged' and less able to advocate for themselves.
We must remember that Zyprexa is way way over prescribed,as only a maximum of 1 percent of the world's population is indicated for atypical anti-psychotics.

The Class action Lawsuits in the US had payouts of $85,000 BUT the lawyers got 45 percent and then the govt got most of the rest for having to take care of the victim/patients medical expenses.Soooo,$85K turned into about $9,000 for Zyprexa claimants many had their food stamps and other state benefits taken away because of their *windfall profit* making them worse off in the end.

Daniel Haszard Zyprexa whistle-blower and patient who got diabetes from it.

http://1url.com/0vi

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eli Lilly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Icos to announce shareholder vote on Lilly bid (Jan '07) Jan '16 Evenstad 14
News Lilly to acquire Icos for $2 billion (Oct '06) Jan '16 Juan 30
News Lilly accused of price-fixing in Switzerland (Feb '09) Jan '16 Ellerby 17
News Icos leaders to get $68 million from company's ... (Nov '06) Jan '16 Madlem 20
News Eli Lilly: Experimental Alzheimer's drug shows ... (Jul '15) Jul '15 humanspirit 1
News Vivus Drug Helps Men Get Erections in 30 Minute... (Nov '09) Jun '15 Empty 16
News Businesses: Indiana's gay discrimination is bad... (Mar '15) Apr '15 droi 55
More from around the web