Gay marriage ban stirs worries for bu...

Gay marriage ban stirs worries for businesses

There are 234 comments on the Indianapolis Star story from Mar 17, 2011, titled Gay marriage ban stirs worries for businesses. In it, Indianapolis Star reports that:

Testimony on a proposed same-sex marriage ban Wednesday left some lawmakers concerned that the measure would keep employers from offering domestic partner health benefits and hurt their ability to attract gay candidates.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 12
Next Last

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#243 Apr 13, 2011
Honest AbeL wrote:
You are way off the mark here. Sure insurance companies have big lobbies but insurance companies do not need the states to recognize domestic partners in order for the to provide coverage to them
<quoted text>
Hey Abel ... Although our daughter is on my partner's health insurance because she adopted her, I still have to have seperate coverage. Do you know a way around it?

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#244 Apr 13, 2011
I am sorry but I have no idea
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Abel ... Although our daughter is on my partner's health insurance because she adopted her, I still have to have seperate coverage. Do you know a way around it?

Location hidden

#245 Apr 13, 2011
I didn't claim I work for an insurance company but my verbiage was not clear. I said that my company provides domestic partner insurance in all states. The company I work for is not an insurance company but carries health insurance for its employees that provides domestic partner benefits at an additional cost in every state in the US. Carrying insurance that includes domestic partners has absolutely nothing to do with states permitting same sex marriage. Legalizing same sex marriage would force businesses to cover ALL spouses or none at all.
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>I never made that claim. In post # 33 on this thread you wrote:
"This article is misleading. A business that is interested in attracting gay candidates will offer domestic partner insurance. The states decision on ssm has absolutely no bearing until it is legal and then the states MUST carry domestic partners insurance or no insurance for anybody. Just another harmful side-effect of ssm".
I called you on that claim because DP's are not the same as marriage (SSM or otherwise). You claimed States would be REQUIRED to offer DP benefits if SSM were legal. Then you claimed you worked for an insurance company that sold DP insurance in EVERY State. I never claimed any State bans insurance companies from selling DP insurance. That was the way YOU tried to spin my remarks. I questioned your claims by asking how a company can sell a product in a State where that "product" (SSM or DP's) were illegal.
Abe you put your foot in your own mouth by saying DP insurance is available in every State. I simply asked how that worked, and as usual got a smarmy reply with no facts or figures. If DP benefits are offered by your insurance company in EVERY STATE, why are you trying to claim SSM would create an additional burden to businesses in any State?

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#246 Apr 13, 2011
Honest AbeL wrote:
I am sorry but I have no idea
<quoted text>
But you said the insurance company you worked for offered DP insurance in every State. So why can't you answer "Happy Lesbo's" question? Were you being deliberately misleading?(AGAIN)

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#247 Apr 13, 2011
When Paul and I bought life insurance policies in Maryland, our agent knew we were a couple. She told us that we had to name a blood relative as beneficiary on the application or we'd be turned down by the main office.

We had to wait two years before we were able to name each other the beneficiary. But I probably wasn't dealing with the same company "honest AbeL" worked for.

Location hidden

#248 Apr 13, 2011
That is not what I said
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>But you said the insurance company you worked for offered DP insurance in every State. So why can't you answer "Happy Lesbo's" question? Were you being deliberately misleading?(AGAIN)

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#249 Apr 13, 2011
Honest AbeL wrote:
That is not what I said
<quoted text>
Honest AbeL LIES AGAIN:

Wed April 6, 2011 post #232:

"No state bans domestic partner insurance. What is so hard to understand? It isn't tough. Our company offered them for years in all states."

Wipe your feet before you go into your house, you stepped in SH*T

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#250 Apr 13, 2011
Honest AbeL wrote:
Legalizing same sex marriage would force businesses to cover ALL spouses or none at all.
<quoted text>
Maybe someday ... sigh .... my health insurance premiums are outrageous.

Location hidden

#251 Apr 13, 2011
Actually it is you that lied. Learn to read. Look at the post before the one to Happy lesbo, idiot
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Honest AbeL LIES AGAIN:
Wed April 6, 2011 post #232:
"No state bans domestic partner insurance. What is so hard to understand? It isn't tough. Our company offered them for years in all states."
Wipe your feet before you go into your house, you stepped in SH*T

Location hidden

#252 Apr 13, 2011
Try reading post 245, you dolt
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>But you said the insurance company you worked for offered DP insurance in every State. So why can't you answer "Happy Lesbo's" question? Were you being deliberately misleading?(AGAIN)

Location hidden

#253 Apr 13, 2011
I am sorry that I cannot help. Hopefully you see what I go through with people like DNF. I try to treat people in the same manner in which they treat me
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe someday ... sigh .... my health insurance premiums are outrageous.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#254 Apr 13, 2011
Honest AbeL wrote:
I didn't claim I work for an insurance company but my verbiage was not clear. I said that my company provides domestic partner insurance in all states. The company I work for is not an insurance company but carries health insurance for its employees that provides domestic partner benefits at an additional cost in every state in the US. Carrying insurance that includes domestic partners has absolutely nothing to do with states permitting same sex marriage. Legalizing same sex marriage would force businesses to cover ALL spouses or none at all.
<quoted text>
I apologize for missing this post.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#255 Apr 13, 2011
Honest AbeL wrote:
Actually it is you that lied. Learn to read. Look at the post before the one to Happy lesbo, idiot
<quoted text>
the one where she discussed a 3" penis?

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#256 Apr 13, 2011
One big difference between Same Sex Marriages and certain hetero ones:

Shotguns aren't needed at SSM's

Sankdatea anyone?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eli Lilly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Veritas Genetics draws $30 million in funding (Oct '16) Oct '16 Stephany McDowell 1
News Icos to announce shareholder vote on Lilly bid (Jan '07) Jan '16 Evenstad 14
News Lilly to acquire Icos for $2 billion (Oct '06) Jan '16 Juan 30
News Lilly accused of price-fixing in Switzerland (Feb '09) Jan '16 Ellerby 17
News Icos leaders to get $68 million from company's ... (Nov '06) Jan '16 Madlem 20
News Eli Lilly: Experimental Alzheimer's drug shows ... (Jul '15) Jul '15 humanspirit 1
News Vivus Drug Helps Men Get Erections in 30 Minute... (Nov '09) Jun '15 Empty 16
More from around the web