Man guilty of murder in beating death...

Man guilty of murder in beating death of surfer - News

There are 13 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Nov 19, 2008, titled Man guilty of murder in beating death of surfer - News. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

SAN DIEGO>> A man was convicted of second-degree murder yesterday for killing a professional surfer with a single punch to the head during a scuffle.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

DSF

Orem, UT

#2 Nov 19, 2008
He's my cousin and it's sad to see this happen, but justice has been served. You can't get away with things like this, he took away a life and he knew what he was doing. Now he's going to pay for the crime.
Hiloan

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Nov 19, 2008
Lock him up and throw away the key. Wild animals belong in cages.
Safe

Honolulu, HI

#4 Nov 19, 2008
Newest entry to the prison Gladiator Pit so place yo bets. Or Pelican Bay bound.
halawaboy

Lahaina, HI

#5 Nov 19, 2008
BRING HIM TO HALAWA. WE WOULD LIKE NEW 22 YEAR OLD -SS
Just Sayin

Honolulu, HI

#6 Nov 19, 2008
Is Cravens related to the noted marine scientist of the same last name? I thought Seth went to Kahuku High, but they state in the article that he and his friends went to La Jolla H.S.

In any case, this a sad story indeed. Why can't some people realize that there is so much more to life than bein' a bad a**? A waste of two young lives...
Shareholder

Silver Spring, MD

#7 Nov 19, 2008
Eventually you end up in prison.
Hawaiian Warrior

Lihue, HI

#8 Nov 19, 2008
That's the problem with State courts, to get a conviction, the victim is treated like some piece of meat to be bargained with lesser sentences, deals and compromises of both parties. All for the best interests of "their" clients, while the victim's family has to endure the pain and suffering again.

Federal cases have NO PAROLE, why should the State have it???

I say, have a Native Indian style justice, have this fool and his friends run through a line of family members. All giving them their best "shot", then throw them in prison to lick their wounds to experience and see how it feels getting punched.

It will also serve as some "therauphic" healing functions for the victim's family???:) Sure beats having the taxpayers foot the bill for psychological treatments.
alices friend

Honolulu, HI

#9 Nov 19, 2008
He's too handsome to lock up, seeeeh!
Pua Sanborn

Honolulu, HI

#10 Nov 19, 2008
I always believe that the PUNISHMENT SHOUD FIT THE CRIME! How dare anyone act, as thougth "they" were judge, jury, and God. To inflect any kind of harm and/or death on another!..Taking one's life and a loved one from a mother, who loved her son dearly, is unforgiveable!!!!!I too, am a mother and can only imagine how this mother is feeling, as she lives the rest of her life, with out her, son. God bless her!
Kaneohe Born

Salem, OR

#12 Nov 19, 2008
No worry brah... the locals going take care of you in jail. You can only keep your back against the wall for so long... you'll get what's coming to you.
KAI

San Diego, CA

#14 Nov 19, 2008
I was at the paddle out at Windnsea for Emery. Youtube windnsea paddle out and check it out. This is nightmare for both camps and we shouldn’t be too quick to judge. Seth and Emery were friends in high school.
Born Again Republican

Kahului, HI

#15 Nov 20, 2008
Does anyone know the real history between these two? Sounds like two local boys from Hawaii wen scrap and one wen die.

“Trust No One!”

Since: Mar 08

San Diego, Ca

#21 Nov 20, 2008
Bird Rock Bandits
The Bird Rock Bandits were a La Jolla, California-based gang, members of which were accused of beating surfer Emery Kauanui Jr to death in May, 2007. The group, estimated at 12 members, has been documented by the name as suspects in a variety of assault and harassment cases in the La Jolla area. Some suspected members have claimed membership on MySpace. A notebook was also found in one suspected member's bedroom depicted symbols of the gang, swastikas, and epitaphs for "fallen soldiers." Defense attorneys deny that the men are a gang.

Why would these two Hawaiian be with White Supremace groups in La Jolla. Both of them loose! One in death and another in the pen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Jolla Pharmaceutical Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two murdered at Texas campsite are from Oceanside (Nov '15) Nov '15 James McMillan 1
News Second Doctor Implicated In La Jolla Surgeon's ... (Apr '08) Jul '15 avoidthe biz 42
News Scouts' Nude Beach Hike (Feb '15) Feb '15 DILF 22
News Cub Scouts: Nudist beach invaded by young boys ... (Feb '15) Feb '15 nudistpersoalsorg 1
News Magnets attract attention in fight against depr... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Sheeree 2
News Home Bipolar Disorder Test Causes Stirs (Mar '08) Jan '14 Kitty 2
News Sea lion stench in San Diego: Shooting La Jolla... (Dec '13) Dec '13 ANIMAL LOVER 1
More from around the web