Recession prompts fear of economic co...

Recession prompts fear of economic collapse, spurs breed of 'su...

There are 4 comments on the Newsday story from May 25, 2009, titled Recession prompts fear of economic collapse, spurs breed of 'su.... In it, Newsday reports that:

Six months ago, Jim Wiseman didn't even have a spare nutrition bar in his kitchen cabinet.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

liner

Bronx, NY

#1 May 25, 2009
Any time something out of the ordinary happens, the nuts seem to float to the surface. Remember the fallout shelters of the 50/60s?
And the world goes on.........
Dow Man

AOL

#2 May 25, 2009
liner wrote:
Any time something out of the ordinary happens, the nuts seem to float to the surface. Remember the fallout shelters of the 50/60s?
And the world goes on.........
We were in an economic slump well before we found out in 2007-08.Right now, things look much better than predicted by the democrats and Fannie Freddie started the whole thing.I think the makt. will upturn more in spite of Obama.Even as I type,Obama was defeated at Gitmo.He had no plan whatsoever which tells one who is up for election, back off the handouts and printing money. One other good note, a majority of the faint hearted investors bailed out at Dow 6500 and the CEO/Fund mgrs were in jail. It's been a great purging.
NewAmericaNow

Syracuse, NY

#3 May 25, 2009
The Fundamentals of the economy have not changed. All that has changed is that we are printing money at a furious pace yet we do not assist our fellow citizen in his greatest hour of need. Unemployment leaps ever higher yet it is the bankers who have received the lions share of the assistance. With the new wave of defaults coming from the commercial real estate market begining to reset in the fall god help us because our troubles have only begun.As far as the nuts comment, there is nothing nuts with common sense preparation when trouble is perceived and one is to lessen its severity. See the article...http://newamerica-no w.blogspot.com
liner

Bronx, NY

#4 May 26, 2009
NewAmericaNow wrote:
The Fundamentals of the economy have not changed. All that has changed is that we are printing money at a furious pace yet we do not assist our fellow citizen in his greatest hour of need. Unemployment leaps ever higher yet it is the bankers who have received the lions share of the assistance. With the new wave of defaults coming from the commercial real estate market begining to reset in the fall god help us because our troubles have only begun.As far as the nuts comment, there is nothing nuts with common sense preparation when trouble is perceived and one is to lessen its severity. See the article...http://newamerica-no w.blogspot.com
Common sense preparation? My comment stands.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Jolla Pharmaceutical Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Scouts' Nude Beach Hike (Feb '15) Feb '17 Hiker Phart 23
News Two murdered at Texas campsite are from Oceanside (Nov '15) Nov '15 James McMillan 1
News Cub Scouts: Nudist beach invaded by young boys ... (Feb '15) Feb '15 nudistpersoalsorg 1
News Magnets attract attention in fight against depr... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Sheeree 2
News Home Bipolar Disorder Test Causes Stirs (Mar '08) Jan '14 Kitty 2
News Sea lion stench in San Diego: Shooting La Jolla... (Dec '13) Dec '13 ANIMAL LOVER 1
News Bipolar gene test stirs debate (Mar '08) Sep '13 Eric 2
More from around the web