Crisis spurs spike in 'suburban survi...

Crisis spurs spike in 'suburban survivalists'

There are 2 comments on the Marin Independent Journal story from May 25, 2009, titled Crisis spurs spike in 'suburban survivalists'. In it, Marin Independent Journal reports that:

Six months ago, Jim Wiseman didn't even have a spare nutrition bar in his kitchen cabinet.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Marin Independent Journal.

PeterG

San Rafael, CA

#1 May 25, 2009
Laugh all you want but when the big one hits and the taps run dry and you've drunk all the bottled water in your house, drained the water heater, drank what's in the toilet tank and are going insane from thirst, don't expect your neighbors that prepared to save your asses.
Store water folks, it's the most important thing that there is. With cast iron, firewood, water, pasta and canned goods you will surivive. Without them, it may get real ugly. Remember Katrina and how FEMA did such a good job? Do you think that the housing projects barnacles are just going to sit there and wait for help?
Frijoles

Hebron, CT

#2 May 25, 2009
Seems to me that is more of an indictment of living in Southern California, than anything else. And another good reason for the rest of us not to live there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Jolla Pharmaceutical Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Scouts' Nude Beach Hike (Feb '15) Feb '17 Hiker Phart 23
News Two murdered at Texas campsite are from Oceanside (Nov '15) Nov '15 James McMillan 1
News Cub Scouts: Nudist beach invaded by young boys ... (Feb '15) Feb '15 nudistpersoalsorg 1
News Magnets attract attention in fight against depr... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Sheeree 2
News Home Bipolar Disorder Test Causes Stirs (Mar '08) Jan '14 Kitty 2
News Sea lion stench in San Diego: Shooting La Jolla... (Dec '13) Dec '13 ANIMAL LOVER 1
News Bipolar gene test stirs debate (Mar '08) Sep '13 Eric 2