Police: Well-dressed elderly man robs...

Police: Well-dressed elderly man robs Calif. bank

There are 26 comments on the KOMO-TV Seattle story from Sep 12, 2009, titled Police: Well-dressed elderly man robs Calif. bank. In it, KOMO-TV Seattle reports that:

San Diego police Sgt. Ray Battrick says the suspect on Saturday presented a note demanding money to a teller at the San Diego National Bank.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOMO-TV Seattle.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Quite Frankly

Eden Prairie, MN

#26 Sep 14, 2009
Purple Gurl wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG! I have mixed feelings. On one hand, if it makes the roads safer, I can see it being done. But still, it sounds a bit Orwellian to me.
So who wants to study phle's bottoms?

{er, That's a word jook.}:)

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#27 Sep 14, 2009
Purple Gurl wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG! I have mixed feelings. On one hand, if it makes the roads safer, I can see it being done. But still, it sounds a bit Orwellian to me.
actually he left a lot of it out ..he only cop c/p a small amount of the facts ..

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#28 Sep 14, 2009
sorry stop in thought there copy and paste
Quite Frankly

Eden Prairie, MN

#29 Sep 14, 2009
George Orwell was one heck of a writer.:) His "Down & Out In London & Paris" is great.

“Purple girl in a purple world”

Since: Apr 08

Plum, Purplonia

#30 Sep 14, 2009
Quite Frankly wrote:
George Orwell was one heck of a writer.:) His "Down & Out In London & Paris" is great.
Of course, the term Orwellian seems to have come from books like Animal Farm and 1984. Animal Farm started with the animals trying to get their freedom from the farmers and before it was all over, they had an oppressive regime of their own.

1984 was about the consequences of a world holocaust. Due to all the magnetic energy of the atomic weapons, all computer equipment was destroyed. Most cars no longer worked, etc. And the world governments quickly got involved to deal with the radiation victims and control the crime. There were curfews and all of that, and people were even forced to stay in other people's houses. California became even more oppressive and wouldn't let hardly anyone in. And a good portion of the southern states were taken over by the Hispanics who called them Azlan or something. That was about as far as I got into the book.
Quite Frankly

Eden Prairie, MN

#31 Sep 14, 2009
Orwell noted that 1984 was 1948 backwards. He got his ideas for !984 from working at the BBC where they would re-write the news.

I doubt if Orwell took his own writing seriously. But his readers sure did. They were cleverly written, highly readable books.

I'd suggest you expand your mind past 1984, which has been talked about waaaay too much.

Read "Keep the Aspidistra's Flying," which is a cute little story. And again I suggest "Down and Out in London and Paris," which is about poor people of the streets surviving. One chapter,'How the Poor Die' is quite chilling.

Seek and ye shall find.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Jolla Pharmaceutical Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two murdered at Texas campsite are from Oceanside (Nov '15) Nov '15 James McMillan 1
News Second Doctor Implicated In La Jolla Surgeon's ... (Apr '08) Jul '15 avoidthe biz 42
News Scouts' Nude Beach Hike (Feb '15) Feb '15 DILF 22
News Cub Scouts: Nudist beach invaded by young boys ... (Feb '15) Feb '15 nudistpersoalsorg 1
News Magnets attract attention in fight against depr... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Sheeree 2
News Home Bipolar Disorder Test Causes Stirs (Mar '08) Jan '14 Kitty 2
News Sea lion stench in San Diego: Shooting La Jolla... (Dec '13) Dec '13 ANIMAL LOVER 1
More from around the web