La Jolla Eye Surgeon Enters Plea

La Jolla Eye Surgeon Enters Plea

There are 6 comments on the NBC San Diego story from Apr 24, 2008, titled La Jolla Eye Surgeon Enters Plea. In it, NBC San Diego reports that:

A prominent eye surgeon faced a judge on Thursday on charges of prescription fraud and domestic violence.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC San Diego.

Entertained

San Diego, CA

#1 Apr 25, 2008
There was no "assualt" at the Ivy Hotel...we all saw it...There were no injuries to Ms Quast when she left the Hotel, originally hailing a cab until the doctor pulled up in front of her and she did end up getting in.

This is making for a good read, all the twists and turns and lies.
Jim

Corona, CA

#2 Apr 25, 2008
Entertained wrote:
There was no "assualt" at the Ivy Hotel...we all saw it...There were no injuries to Ms Quast when she left the Hotel, originally hailing a cab until the doctor pulled up in front of her and she did end up getting in.
This is making for a good read, all the twists and turns and lies.
Hmmmm, did you read the same article I did? Police, bloody nose, etc, etc >>>
La Jolla Resident

San Diego, CA

#5 Apr 26, 2008
Not sure what I can say about Manoj other than he is SOL. Regardless of what happens next, i.e. jail time, etc. by committing these crimes, he has tarnished his career/life forever. As a patient, would you want this guy to by your doctor? Not me. I can't even stand the fact that he lives in La Jolla. He truly gives the city a bad name, anyone that commits these types crimes gives the city a bad name. Good luck on being SOL.
Hard to believe

San Diego, CA

#6 Apr 27, 2008
I-was-there wrote:
<quoted text>"We Who"?? You are a liar!! Antonia Quast most definitely attacked a woman on the roof-top at the Ivy in one of her many jealous rages!! She was the abuser that night and there are many witnesses.
Yes, she then ran off and the doctor followed. No doubt she then attacked HIM while he was trying to drive them home. Hello?? Anyone with any common sense can figure this one out. Let's see: crazy ex-girlfriend attacks innocent engaged woman friend of Doctor, pulling her hair so hard that chunks of her hair were falling out for the rest of the night and her head was sore for days. WE saw it happen!! Then, Dr. get's attacked on their way home because Antonia was angry and jealous. Make sense? Of course it does.
Yo, did you read what you jus wrote? It don't even make sense yo. There were no attack on the roof top, what were you smokin, yo? She ran off and the doc followed? He followed her to give her ride for a booty call, but when she said, nah thanks, that's when he turned into the brown hulk and beat the crap outta her. Then after CHP showed up, he turned back into Motwani Banner and fled the scene, yo. That right there explains the illegal drugs he was taken, too much radiation.
SD Person

Cathedral City, CA

#7 Apr 27, 2008
Hmmm...

Personally, I don't know him, don't know her.

Professionally, met both back in July '07. Him to do evaluation of me as a candidate for the LASIK procedure. Her to give me pricing.

Sure, he's a bit arrogant, but I see that comes from many successful procedures. Maybe not the best quality to have, but part of that is confidence.

Searching the web, up until this arrest, nothing negative about him. No blogs or postings about botched procedures linked to him. Other SD surgeons do have negs, he doesn't. If some start showing up, that would sure be suspect as posted by her confirming some things said about her.

I have spoken with 3 people who had him as their surgeon. One who I see regularly. Had it done 6 years ago at his old place on Midway and swears by him!

Someone mentioned the older equipment. It's been working extremely well for this long, why change? What real gains have there been w/new equipment and this procedure?

Credit issues? I've had credit issues, bankruptcy, and I'm not a bad person. Many comments otherwise about me. Just a situation in my life brought that around. We all have hard times, how does this really matter wrt DV?

If he didn't do the DV, and she is falsely accusing him, sure is pretty selfish. Does she have any thought/appreciation about how it impacts many people who would like to get their eyes corrected by him?

So, to me, looking to have the procedure done, my concerns are:

- Can he focus on his work?
- Is he still at the top of his game?
- Did he do the DV (if so, he doesn't get my money no matter how good he is!)?
the Truth

San Diego, CA

#9 Feb 24, 2009
Well La Jolla resident if Manoj's actions make you not be able to stand the fact that he lives in La Jolla I would hate to see your reaction to all the coked out daughters, drunk wives and con artists up there.

Didn't seem to bother Kerry Steigerwalt another La Jolla Resident...But Kerry has to pay for that advertising.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Jolla Pharmaceutical Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two murdered at Texas campsite are from Oceanside (Nov '15) Nov '15 James McMillan 1
News Second Doctor Implicated In La Jolla Surgeon's ... (Apr '08) Jul '15 avoidthe biz 42
News Scouts' Nude Beach Hike (Feb '15) Feb '15 DILF 22
News Cub Scouts: Nudist beach invaded by young boys ... (Feb '15) Feb '15 nudistpersoalsorg 1
News Magnets attract attention in fight against depr... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Sheeree 2
News Home Bipolar Disorder Test Causes Stirs (Mar '08) Jan '14 Kitty 2
News Sea lion stench in San Diego: Shooting La Jolla... (Dec '13) Dec '13 ANIMAL LOVER 1
More from around the web