L.A. County home sales jump by more t...

L.A. County home sales jump by more than 40%

There are 6 comments on the LA Daily News story from Apr 15, 2009, titled L.A. County home sales jump by more than 40%. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Home sales in Los Angeles County jumped by 40.1 percent in March, compared to the same month a year ago, but prices dropped by 31.8 percent, a real estate information service reported today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

Bureaucratic Mess

Pasadena, CA

#2 Apr 15, 2009
Some smart folks getting some dang good deals.
BuyNow

United States

#4 Apr 15, 2009
Buy now before you are priced out forever. Dont worry about being laidoff, I heard some are willing to pay your mortgage if you lose your job. Buy a car too, some will even pay for your payments too.
Bill

Santa Clarita, CA

#5 Apr 15, 2009
Not so good news if prices are down and people who bought three to four years ago have mortgages that are upside down. If those owners default, lookout for the prices to drop even further. It will take time to see where we're going and that's why we hear the double talk from Obama. We may be on a ledge and end up will falling further.
Bill

Santa Clarita, CA

#6 Apr 15, 2009
delete "will" from line. edit fubar
FedUp

Redondo Beach, CA

#7 Apr 15, 2009
BuyNow wrote:
Buy now before you are priced out forever. Dont worry about being laidoff, I heard some are willing to pay your mortgage if you lose your job. Buy a car too, some will even pay for your payments too.
Obama is going to pay for everything, including gas for my car!......oh, and the warranty too!! LOL!!!
Tell It Like It Is

La Crescenta, CA

#8 Apr 16, 2009
Dataquicks' numbers cannot be trusted. What people don't understand is that Los Angeles County also means Palmdale and Lancaster. Those areas have taken off because they can't get any cheaper. I know someone who has an $850,000 loan on a house he owns in Palmdale. Guess what, he figures it is worth around $350,000.00.
If the bank was not negotiating with him, he would have let it go already.
Prices in those area have dropped so much and it is better to buy (if you can find a lender) than rent, and that is what is spiking the overall average.
Seeing these types of articles really does a
dis-service to those whom have been waiting for the market to increase, as they figure values will now tend to go up and hold out for at least another year.

In one year, this market will be worse in the not so-boon dock areas of Los Angeles County.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Jolla Pharmaceutical Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Scouts' Nude Beach Hike (Feb '15) Feb '17 Hiker Phart 23
News Two murdered at Texas campsite are from Oceanside (Nov '15) Nov '15 James McMillan 1
News Cub Scouts: Nudist beach invaded by young boys ... (Feb '15) Feb '15 nudistpersoalsorg 1
News Magnets attract attention in fight against depr... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Sheeree 2
News Home Bipolar Disorder Test Causes Stirs (Mar '08) Jan '14 Kitty 2
News Sea lion stench in San Diego: Shooting La Jolla... (Dec '13) Dec '13 ANIMAL LOVER 1
News Bipolar gene test stirs debate (Mar '08) Sep '13 Eric 2
More from around the web