LGBT in school: I lost my friends

LGBT in school: I lost my friends

There are 4 comments on the CNN story from Jun 11, 2011, titled LGBT in school: I lost my friends. In it, CNN reports that:

The government's focus on it is an important step forward in the long, tortured road of gaining equality for young people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered or questioning, although there is still much work to be done.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#1 Jun 12, 2011
I lost friends by just "Being"! I didn't have to come out. But I thought I was good at hiding it and I wasn't. What did Truman Capote say? " A fahg is a Homosexual (Or tran sexual) person who's just left the room!" They never say anything to your face, You only get to pick up on little things now and then.
Regards, Terry
Frank Stanton

New York, NY

#3 Jun 12, 2011
If a person loses their acquaintances because of their sexuality, then they were never friends to begin with, and they're better off without these bigots.

Central NJ

#4 Jun 12, 2011
But it feels so good to be loved by a real man! Oh and By the way, I would never "do" anyone. I'm a girl!
Opiate of the Masses wrote:
Why do queers do each other up the butt? THAT'S SO NASTY!

Central NJ

#5 Jun 12, 2011
Frank Stanton wrote:
If a person loses their acquaintances because of their sexuality, then they were never friends to begin with, and they're better off without these bigots.
True! But it can get lonely without anyone. And you can't trust anyone in "Stealth" to acknowledge you, even though they may be dying to know you. It's too risky for them.
regards, Terry

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Liz Claiborne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Children buried by snow plow, rescued several h... Jun '17 RobertEKirsch 4
No more illegals, no more drugs and no more bri... (Feb '17) Feb '17 william f mellerr 1
News Liz Cheney's Wyoming campaign backed by big nam... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Maggie Gallaghers... 25
News Young Chicago man featured in CNN documentary s... (May '16) May '16 bozo 1
News Bill Clinton The Biter (Dec '15) Dec '15 Ritual Habitual 1
News New book by Dick Cheney takes on Barack Obama (Apr '15) May '15 Your Ex 258
News Review: 'WWII in HD - Collector's Edition' make... (Oct '14) Oct '14 History channel 1
More from around the web