600 Lose Jobs When Liz Claiborn Closes Ohio Center

Jun 7, 2011 Full story: WHIOTV 8

The Liz Claiborne clothing company plans to close a distribution center in southwest Ohio, affecting hundreds of workers.

Full Story
William

Washington, DC

#1 Jun 7, 2011
Funny I am one of those worker that will lose my job
Kennesaw71

United States

#2 Jun 7, 2011
Way to go Ohio. The majority moocher class has voted their way to the destruction of 600 more jobs. William you need to search Google for 'right to work states.' South Carolina is getting Boeing. Georgia is getting a new Porsche assembly plant, that's on top of last years new KIA assembly.

I wonder if Liz did over a million in business per year while in the fatherland. They would be at the mercy of the CAT tax, er I meant... Have the privilege of paying the CAT tax....

William join thousands of other of us producer class citizens who have already made the exodus from Ohio.
meme

Columbus, OH

#3 Jun 7, 2011
cant afford her clothes, too expensive.....
Kennesaw71

United States

#4 Jun 7, 2011
meme wrote:
cant afford her clothes, too expensive.....
What part of my advice isn't getting thru? Move to a right to work state, get a job so you too can afford her clothes.

People of Ohio. You don't live in a box, despite Ohio boundaries appearing to be box like. You have the freedom to pack up yer shit and MOVE. But only if you are a producer class citizen. Moochers please stay put.
majorsteiner

Middletown, OH

#5 Jun 8, 2011
Kennesaw71 wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of my advice isn't getting thru? Move to a right to work state, get a job so you too can afford her clothes.
People of Ohio. You don't live in a box, despite Ohio boundaries appearing to be box like. You have the freedom to pack up yer shit and MOVE. But only if you are a producer class citizen. Moochers please stay put.
Wouldnt't matter what state this company is in. Look at their stocks the last 2 or 3 years. Corporate ran this company into the ground. The Union didn't destroy this company , the big shots in New York did.
Kennesaw71

United States

#6 Jun 8, 2011
Ahhhh yes... how could I forget. Its always those rascally corporates, because that's number one on every Ohio liberals reason list for getting the hell up out of Ohio. Just like NCR.
majorsteiner

Middletown, OH

#7 Jun 8, 2011
Excuse me Mr. Kennesaw but I am a registered Republican. I've worked for Liz Claiborne and know a little bit about how the company is screwed up. Do not compare the union at Liz Claiborne with the Big 3 automakers and public employees unions. These people do not make $20.00 an hour. Check out all the perks that McComb the CEO is making and the Board of Directors. This company has been losing money for over 7 years now. I am waiting for the shareholders to vote this clown out. Liz Claiborne is turning over in her grave. I am all for right to work states. I am against outsourcing American jobs overseas. It is causing economical damage to this country.
majorsteiner

Middletown, OH

#8 Jun 8, 2011
Hmm... Couldn't help but noticing that excluding Boeing most of the companies relocating in the South are foreign. Now where are the American companies? Lets start by looking in China and Mexico. Its becoming a disturbing trend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Liz Claiborne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: 'WWII in HD - Collector's Edition' make... Oct 2 History channel 1
Threatened With Extinction, Conservative Opinio... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Ron431 56
Christie: NJ will comply with gay marriage order (Oct '13) Oct '13 NorCal Native 62
Madonna injured in horse riding accident (Apr '09) Sep '13 TheAfroHedgehog 2
Liz Cheney welcomed at Republican event despite... (Aug '13) Aug '13 mjjcpa 87
Liz Cheney grifts for resident fishing license (Aug '13) Aug '13 Sheik Yerbouti 2
JCP Wire: JCPenney Opens Design Center in NYC t... (Jun '13) Jun '13 JCPTM 2

Liz Claiborne People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE