IAC concessions.
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bush

Montmorenci, IN

#1 Mar 11, 2009
I believe as a worker i can speak for all the iac plants out there that we are hurting.There are uncertain tough times ahead that many worry about. With massive concessions being given on part of the UAW employees at Chrysler,GM,Ford, We have too wonder whats next for me? The time is now for us to step up to the plate & give back before its too late.Many wont like this idea, but at times like these its better to have a job you know than one you dont.
Curious

North Tazewell, VA

#2 Mar 11, 2009
We've already taken our concessions at IAC Lebanon durign our last contract negotiations, but we are expecting to be asked to take another cut next time as well.
confused

Loveland, OH

#3 Mar 11, 2009
Bush wrote:
I believe as a worker i can speak for all the iac plants out there that we are hurting.There are uncertain tough times ahead that many worry about. With massive concessions being given on part of the UAW employees at Chrysler,GM,Ford, We have too wonder whats next for me? The time is now for us to step up to the plate & give back before its too late.Many wont like this idea, but at times like these its better to have a job you know than one you dont.
I have mixed emotions about that subject. All IAC plants are hurting for sure!( but so are the people ). There are definitely uncertain times ahead. There are no jobs out there to be found, Let alone one that pays the same. In Sidney,Ohio we toke massive concessions two year ago. We now have three times as many people laid off as we did then. I believe they will close witch ever plants they want, Regardless of concessions on not. So do you go out standing up, or do you go out on your knee's?
Just a number

United States

#4 Mar 11, 2009
Zanesville Lear is going out making what they were making before contract. We said no and the doors will be closed by Sept. But you could see the writing on the wall way before they asked us to take a pay cut! If you can't see it then there is a problem.

Since: Feb 07

SANDUSKY OHIO

#5 Mar 12, 2009
we were one of the first to back to the table in fremont,and we were offered a "cost neutral" package. they turned around and then said insurance cost had to go up but they would eat the insurance cost if we agreed to eliminate double time pay for overtime and cut some indirect labor positions. since we took big cuts two years ago we told them we would not take anymore cuts and walked away from negotiations. i dont know what the situation is in other plants but our people feel enough is enough. they admitd to us that they dont want to close us down but they are in survival mode and need to keep our labor cost "cheap" so they can get new business from bankrupt companies
IaCnAleb

Southfield, MI

#6 Mar 12, 2009
Lebanon plant can't take many more cuts as it is.We don't make that much now. If they cut anymore everyone might as well go to Mcdonalds the pay would be about the same.
DINTYMOORE

Payne, OH

#7 Mar 12, 2009
We took concessions a couple of years ago at Wauseon, no talks of more YET, But the company asked if we could start discussing the 2009 contract early. I have not heard anything since.
IAC BROTHER

Ashburn, VA

#8 Mar 12, 2009
We also took concessions a couple of years ago in Alma. I'm waiting for the day that the Company states that they want to meet and discuss more "cost saving ideas" (as they so miserably put it, back then). The automotive world sucks right now, but we have to keep looking for the light at the end of the tunnel!
Curious

North Tazewell, VA

#9 Mar 12, 2009
IAC BROTHER wrote:
We also took concessions a couple of years ago in Alma. I'm waiting for the day that the Company states that they want to meet and discuss more "cost saving ideas" (as they so miserably put it, back then). The automotive world sucks right now, but we have to keep looking for the light at the end of the tunnel!
We heard that the mighty Greg Treaster from our plant was in Alma last week possibly discussing a "move" there. You guys know anything about it? You're welcome to have him!
IAC BROTHER

Ashburn, VA

#10 Mar 12, 2009
Is Greg Treaster from Lebanon? The word is that there was someone coming from Lebanon, VA. to interview for an operations manager position. If so, tell me about him.

Since: Feb 07

SANDUSKY OHIO

#11 Mar 12, 2009
IAC BROTHER wrote:
while we were negotiating in fremont they said they want to do all contracts early to show stability to our investors. they are looking at 3 yr deals.
Curious

North Tazewell, VA

#12 Mar 13, 2009
Well he's not "from" Lebanon, but he is currently working there.
Let's see what can I say about him..."he's a seen all, been to all, smelled all, tasted all, worked at all, fixed all, made all, drove all, owned all, knew all, done all, know it all kind of guy!" Yep, that pretty much sums it up! He's a freaking genius! NOT! LOL!
Please let us know if you here that he "is" taking the job. And thanks so much for the info! Appreciate it!
IAC BROTHER wrote:
Is Greg Treaster from Lebanon? The word is that there was someone coming from Lebanon, VA. to interview for an operations manager position. If so, tell me about him.
Bush

Montmorenci, IN

#13 Apr 5, 2009
confused wrote:
<quoted text>I have mixed emotions about that subject. All IAC plants are hurting for sure!( but so are the people ). There are definitely uncertain times ahead. There are no jobs out there to be found, Let alone one that pays the same. In Sidney,Ohio we toke massive concessions two year ago. We now have three times as many people laid off as we did then. I believe they will close witch ever plants they want, Regardless of concessions on not. So do you go out standing up, or do you go out on your knee's?
With as many people as you have on layoff.What do you think the chances are of you guys voting for the paycut now?
WANNAKNOW

Southfield, MI

#14 May 1, 2009
The deadline was the 30th. With the 12 walking out what is happening now? Does anyone know. This not knowing is hard we need some answers so people can get on with their lives.
GINGERMAN

Payne, OH

#15 May 1, 2009
Bush wrote:
<quoted text>With as many people as you have on layoff.What do you think the chances are of you guys voting for the paycut now?
No CHANCE!!!!!!!!!!
GINGERMAN

Payne, OH

#16 May 1, 2009
WANNAKNOW wrote:
The deadline was the 30th. With the 12 walking out what is happening now? Does anyone know. This not knowing is hard we need some answers so people can get on with their lives.
As of right now Wauseon's talks are on hold, current contract is up Nov. 09.
Stuck in Sheboygan

Watertown, WI

#17 May 1, 2009
WANNAKNOW wrote:
Totally speculative and unsubstantiated separate guesses:

- He was bs'ing and trying to shake us up to see how many more coins he could get to come loose from our pockets

or

- The recent events that are taking place with GM and Chrys have made it a moot point to return to all of us with a better proposal until IAC can get a better feel for the direction of the auto industry
downsized man

League City, TX

#18 May 1, 2009
why negotiate another contract i beleive we have lost enough as it is let wilbur go belly up with us we lost another big bunch of people to indefite layoff due to corporate greed and i say enough is enough
IAC Somewhere

United States

#19 May 1, 2009
That's right downsized man enough is enough. Poop or get off the pot.
Stuck in Sheboygan

Watertown, WI

#20 May 1, 2009
downsized man wrote:
why negotiate another contract i beleive we have lost enough as it is let wilbur go belly up with us we lost another big bunch of people to indefite layoff due to corporate greed and i say enough is enough
I agree with you when you say 'enough is enough', I am just assuming we haven't heard anything because of the above mentioned guesses.

Maybe Wilbur will lose out on another 400mil from his net value at the end of this year after all of this. If we are really lucky, his ass will go broke and he can pump my gas for me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lear Corporation Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whitby (Mar '07) May 30 Tvo 1,475
Lear Ajax (Jan '08) May '16 Sum1new 2,927
lear roscommon closing (Jun '09) Feb '16 Just say no 22
IAC Wauseon (Apr '09) Jan '16 Extension 1,312
Mendon, IAC (Dec '15) Dec '15 Diamonddeb 1
Kitchner (Nov '06) Dec '15 richard wippich 1,847
when is it not a donation? (Nov '15) Nov '15 anti lear 1
More from around the web