Bill

Canada

#1271 Jun 5, 2012
Like I would make a good paper pusher or maybe I could herd cattle at a ranch ?
New Auto Reality

Montréal, Canada

#1272 Jun 9, 2012
I can tell you this..... the flex line can't keep up to it's current demands right now. When the new Impala starts full production, they will need a 3rd shift and Saturdays. I think you all need to stop the bullshit until the committee has a new contract for you. You are playing right into the company'a hands right now. Spin yourselves into a hole and take a buyout. However, if you are less than 230 on the list, start making other plans.
Bill

Stittsville, Canada

#1273 Jun 9, 2012
New Auto Reality wrote:
I can tell you this..... the flex line can't keep up to it's current demands right now. When the new Impala starts full production, they will need a 3rd shift and Saturdays. I think you all need to stop the bullshit until the committee has a new contract for you. You are playing right into the company'a hands right now. Spin yourselves into a hole and take a buyout. However, if you are less than 230 on the list, start making other plans.
Yeah true dude
missmyweed

Whitby, Canada

#1274 Jun 9, 2012
they cant keep up now. again wait till spain etc etc folds. did i mention the US has 3 trillion of dept due within 3 yrs. even if you build it they WONT come.stay tuned for my pension update
New Auto Reality

Montréal, Canada

#1275 Jun 10, 2012
missmyweed wrote:
they cant keep up now. again wait till spain etc etc folds. did i mention the US has 3 trillion of dept due within 3 yrs. even if you build it they WONT come.stay tuned for my pension update
Not to worry, Obama will save them. Yeah right, good luck with that. The Americans will probably invade another country in order to pull themselves out of the recession. It seems odd that the rumors of a new product for Oshawa won't go away. No good news will be announced until the union signs the contract. Everyone needs to relax and wait. If you are low on the list at ANY of the plants, start saving and looking for work. Otherwise, wait...
Sean

Stittsville, Canada

#1276 Jun 10, 2012
Wait for what all the good jobs out there will be gone soon I should have went back to school during the last layoff there canceling shifts the us is not doing well I think we re done soon
whitby

Whitby, Canada

#1278 Jun 15, 2012
yup and so will everybody else, nobody is safe
Sean

Canada

#1279 Jun 18, 2012
whitby wrote:
yup and so will everybody else, nobody is safe
Not safe as an auto worker it's too bad ! More cuts coming this fall !
no job

Windsor, Canada

#1280 Jun 23, 2012
Be happy with what you have ..We cant even find a job down here in windsor for minimum wage
Bill

Stittsville, Canada

#1281 Jun 26, 2012
no job wrote:
Be happy with what you have ..We cant even find a job down here in windsor for minimum wage
Yeah I ve seen a few jobs come up but not much. What's new at whitby?
caw

Binbrook, Canada

#1282 Jun 26, 2012
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I ve seen a few jobs come up but not much. What's new at whitby?
Layoffs
Bill

Canada

#1283 Jun 28, 2012
caw wrote:
<quoted text> Layoffs
No good news eh
whitby

Whitby, Canada

#1284 Jul 18, 2012
I hope everyone knows caw's interest isn't in lear jobs but gm jobs, remember that when they take your 20 dollars out of your pay
More Bad News

Oshawa, Canada

#1285 Jul 19, 2012
whitby wrote:
I hope everyone knows caw's interest isn't in lear jobs but gm jobs, remember that when they take your 20 dollars out of your pay
GM's main contract interest is to get rid of as many high senority workers with 25 plus years to make way for future.
Grow ins and retirement packages are main focus of their talks this year.
Lear in same boat as wants to secure future business with GM down road so lets bring on similar Kitchener Lear type agreemnent.
Bill

Canada

#1286 Jul 19, 2012
More Bad News wrote:
<quoted text>
GM's main contract interest is to get rid of as many high senority workers with 25 plus years to make way for future.
Grow ins and retirement packages are main focus of their talks this year.
Lear in same boat as wants to secure future business with GM down road so lets bring on similar Kitchener Lear type agreemnent.
Yeah I could see that coming. Wish I did something to secure a future after I lose at Lear
More Bad News

Oshawa, Canada

#1287 Jul 28, 2012
Could really see Lear Whitby doing a 5 year contract to pave way for higher seniority members to leave with in 5 years and make way for anyone left to keep jobs.
Win Win situation for all members involved and Lear would be able to bid on future work down road.
Not sure a 3 year contract will solve anything!
Anybody have their input?
missmyweed

Whitby, Canada

#1288 Jul 28, 2012
damn.. i had a quarter ounce bet lear would fold after the shutdown. guess even i can be wrong. and anyone can sign a contract but like lear when you make demands for changes mid contract whats the point. is there even a name for it....Post Contract Change-iccus. sounds like bugs bunny and road runner..BEEP BEEP
Bill

Stittsville, Canada

#1289 Aug 2, 2012
Bad news I guess
Steve

Canada

#1290 Aug 15, 2012
Woo gm not taking concessions!! Good news for us!
More Bad News

Waterloo, Canada

#1291 Aug 17, 2012
Should be voting on new contract on August 26th a week before strike deadline and long weekend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lear Corporation Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News IAC's future in limbo (Jun '07) Dec '17 dylan f 69
IAC Greencastle (Jan '08) Mar '17 The Big O 597
Alma IAC News (Mar '11) Oct '16 inmate 3
lear roscommon closing (Jun '09) Feb '16 Just say no 22
IAC Wauseon (Apr '09) Jan '16 Extension 1,312
Mendon, IAC (Dec '15) Dec '15 Diamonddeb 1
Kitchner (Nov '06) Dec '15 richard wippich 1,847
More from around the web