No Job

Kitchener, Canada

#1144 Feb 6, 2012
Sw ont feeder plant wrote:
<quoted text>
In reply to your statement....we are real busy...cant keep up with what your sending us ..... We were told we would be busy for atleast a month ..So You think Lear Kitchener will fold ? Are you guys going on strike ?(I need to know So i can get my shit in order) thank
the union is encouraging people to work overtime and I think they forgot about the strike deadline of January 20th. so yeah, maybe its time to get your shit together
sw ont feeder plant

Windsor, Canada

#1145 Feb 6, 2012
No Job wrote:
<quoted text>the union is encouraging people to work overtime and I think they forgot about the strike deadline of January 20th. so yeah, maybe its time to get your shit together
Thanks for the heads up cuz no one knows down here....everyone Just guessing
lear

Canada

#1146 Feb 6, 2012
sw ont feeder plant wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the heads up cuz no one knows down here....everyone Just guessing
??? What r u saying
sw ont feeder plant

Windsor, Canada

#1147 Feb 7, 2012
lear wrote:
<quoted text>
??? What r u saying
If Lear closes or strikes ...it affects us all ...thats all
New Auto Reality

Pickering, Canada

#1148 Feb 7, 2012
To quote Frank Sinatra,

"and now, the end is near"...
lear

Canada

#1149 Feb 7, 2012
New Auto Reality wrote:
To quote Frank Sinatra,

"and now, the end is near"...
What is going on?
No Job

Toronto, Canada

#1150 Feb 12, 2012
lear wrote:
<quoted text>
What is going on?
Lear Kitchener voted today to allow the committee to negotiate a Lear Ajax style contract at $19 hr. Thats whats goin on. So much for living to fight another day. The only option offered was a closure agreement. Btw, again they told us that Lear DOES NOT have the Impala rollover work. Good luck on your negotiations this fall, your gonna need it.
Retired

Windsor, Canada

#1151 Feb 13, 2012
No Job wrote:
<quoted text> Lear Kitchener voted today to allow the committee to negotiate a Lear Ajax style contract at $19 hr. Thats whats goin on. So much for living to fight another day. The only option offered was a closure agreement. Btw, again they told us that Lear DOES NOT have the Impala rollover work. Good luck on your negotiations this fall, your gonna need it.
Well sorry to hear that ....But atleast you will still be working ...better then all th jobs going to Mexico
lear

Canada

#1152 Feb 13, 2012
Retired wrote:
<quoted text>Well sorry to hear that ....But atleast you will still be working ...better then all th jobs going to Mexico
Well whitby is different than kitchenor also we have impala and Cadillac already
Lear Whitby

Toronto, Canada

#1153 Feb 13, 2012
No Job wrote:
<quoted text> Lear Kitchener voted today to allow the committee to negotiate a Lear Ajax style contract at $19 hr. Thats whats goin on. So much for living to fight another day. The only option offered was a closure agreement. Btw, again they told us that Lear DOES NOT have the Impala rollover work. Good luck on your negotiations this fall, your gonna need it.
We will strike in Whitby, we don't care!!
lear

Canada

#1154 Feb 13, 2012
Lear Whitby wrote:
<quoted text>We will strike in Whitby, we don't care!!
True lets hope. Just we have never come close to a strike in the past
Soon To Be Unemployed

Pickering, Canada

#1155 Feb 13, 2012
I can see a strike happening for the simple reason that next May when GM closes the consolidated line and only one plant will be running, Lear Whitby will be laying off over half of its work force. I'll be looking for a MAJOR improvement in the severance package during negotiations and if its not included, STRIKE !!!!!

Ya hear that timmy.....how are you going to side-step this hurdle ????
lear

Canada

#1156 Feb 13, 2012
Soon To Be Unemployed wrote:
I can see a strike happening for the simple reason that next May when GM closes the consolidated line and only one plant will be running, Lear Whitby will be laying off over half of its work force. I'll be looking for a MAJOR improvement in the severance package during negotiations and if its not included, STRIKE !!!!!

Ya hear that timmy.....how are you going to side-step this hurdle ????
Hopefully need a couple hundred grand each no jobs out there
Soon To Be Unemployed

Pickering, Canada

#1157 Feb 13, 2012
lear wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully need a couple hundred grand each no jobs out there
Can't see it being anywhere near that figure, but I'd like to see it bumped up to at least $50,000. Collect that after E.I. runs out and that would probably support me for a couple of years. By then, there might be something out there.
New Auto Reality

Montréal, Canada

#1158 Feb 13, 2012
Listen to yourselves. Big buyouts or we will go on strike? Good luck with that! Here's what Tim and the committee is going to tell you.... Take the low-ball offer, or you are all done! Kitchener is giving you a preview of what's to come. Do you really think your committee is going to get you anything?
I seem to remember when the committee thought that the Ajax guys couldn't come to Whitby. They lost arbitration and Ajax was almost inside the building. Gotta figure that they already have an understanding with Tim for $19/hour. Yes you have the Cadillac and the Impala business. However, they can always change their minds.
Good luck guys. You can strike all you want, G.M. is building most of the Impalas in Detroit. The Buick and Cadillac aren't going to sell well. Oh, and the Camaro is softening. How does a couple of months off sound? A strike in 1999 would not be tolerated. Now, it's just another layoff.
lear

Canada

#1159 Feb 13, 2012
New Auto Reality wrote:
Listen to yourselves. Big buyouts or we will go on strike? Good luck with that! Here's what Tim and the committee is going to tell you.... Take the low-ball offer, or you are all done! Kitchener is giving you a preview of what's to come. Do you really think your committee is going to get you anything?
I seem to remember when the committee thought that the Ajax guys couldn't come to Whitby. They lost arbitration and Ajax was almost inside the building. Gotta figure that they already have an understanding with Tim for $19/hour. Yes you have the Cadillac and the Impala business. However, they can always change their minds.
Good luck guys. You can strike all you want, G.M. is building most of the Impalas in Detroit. The Buick and Cadillac aren't going to sell well. Oh, and the Camaro is softening. How does a couple of months off sound? A strike in 1999 would not be tolerated. Now, it's just another layoff.
True that!
billyxx

Ottawa, Canada

#1160 Feb 14, 2012
lear wrote:
<quoted text>True that!
It's all here say anyone. They ll announce more work soon plus wage increase.
Lear Whitby

Laval, Canada

#1161 Feb 14, 2012
New Auto Reality wrote:
Exactly you made our point... The Impala is goin half to Detroit and buick and Cadillac don't sell well.... Take a lowball offer?? are you kidding?? even $19 an hour won't save most of us, so it's simple. No choice but to strike. If all they have to offer is a bigger severance package than so be it.
Soon To Be Unemployed

Pickering, Canada

#1162 Feb 14, 2012
Grab whatever you can and move on.
gm employee

Oshawa, Canada

#1163 Feb 15, 2012
Lear Whitby wrote:
<quoted text>
We will strike in Whitby, we don't care!!
We will make our own seats we dont care

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lear Corporation Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lear Ajax (Jan '08) May '16 Sum1new 2,927
lear roscommon closing (Jun '09) Feb '16 Just say no 22
IAC Wauseon (Apr '09) Jan '16 Extension 1,312
Mendon, IAC (Dec '15) Dec '15 Diamonddeb 1
Kitchner (Nov '06) Dec '15 richard wippich 1,847
when is it not a donation? (Nov '15) Nov '15 anti lear 1
IAC Greencastle (Jan '08) Aug '15 ScottA 596
More from around the web