RYAN

Oshawa, Canada

#1002 Jan 13, 2011
Anything new? Any more lay-offs at Lear??
LEAR WHITBY

Ottawa, Canada

#1003 Jan 13, 2011
4 week layoff beginning Jan. 24th to Feb. 21st for everyone below # 310 - June 24, 1996 seniority date. Affects about 40 people.
Laidoff

Oshawa, Canada

#1004 Jan 14, 2011
Yea sounds not bad just a temp. lay-off? I am thinking of going back at the end of May when my EI ends still not sure if they have work guaranteed for long...
cevaex

Oshawa, Canada

#1005 Jan 27, 2011
Laidoff wrote:
Yea sounds not bad just a temp. lay-off? I am thinking of going back at the end of May when my EI ends still not sure if they have work guaranteed for long...
I quit ceva logistics to go back to lear now I am laid off jeez
Union Know-It-All

Ottawa, Canada

#1006 Jan 28, 2011
Laidoff wrote:
If you took the recall extension, you have to report back to work at the end of February. If you don't want to do that, you will have to sever your ties with the company and take your buyout. Don't know where you got the idea that you could stay on layoff until May ???????
Union Know-It-All

Ottawa, Canada

#1007 Jan 28, 2011
cevaex wrote:
<quoted text>
I quit ceva logistics to go back to lear now I am laid off jeez
Should have done more research before quitting. Nothing is guaranteed in the auto industry.
Steve

Scarborough, Canada

#1008 Jan 28, 2011
Only two guarantees is that lear and the caw will screw you. That's all you get.
Union Know-It-All wrote:
<quoted text>
Should have done more research before quitting. Nothing is guaranteed in the auto industry.
Laidoff

Oshawa, Canada

#1009 Jan 28, 2011
Steve wrote:
Only two guarantees is that lear and the caw will screw you. That's all you get.
<quoted text>
No I wrote a letter and handed it in I am good till May than I have to either go back to work or I can extend my lay off for up to 3 more years?
Curious Cat

Whitby, Canada

#1010 Jan 29, 2011
Laidoff wrote:
<quoted text>
No I wrote a letter and handed it in I am good till May than I have to either go back to work or I can extend my lay off for up to 3 more years?
Ya i agree...there is nothing about having to go back at the end of Feb. unless they are forced to hire new people then it starts at the bottom of the list and goes up to either come back or cut ties with lear....I have no idea what that UNION.Know it all is talking about...Maybe he only has a 3 year call back and not a 5 like other people...
lear piss off ajax

Whitby, Canada

#1011 Jan 29, 2011
lear whitby want there cake and eat to. Do they think that lear ajax has a revolving door, so you can come and go as you please?FIFTY AND WAITING.
Laidoff

Oshawa, Canada

#1012 Jan 30, 2011
lear piss off ajax wrote:
lear whitby want there cake and eat to. Do they think that lear ajax has a revolving door, so you can come and go as you please?FIFTY AND WAITING.
I wouldn't work for ajax wage but it is a revolving door lot's of people will be leaving to work at whitby than there will be a lay off at whitby as so the cycle thus is the auto industry continues....
Laidoff

Oshawa, Canada

#1013 Jan 30, 2011
Curious Cat wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya i agree...there is nothing about having to go back at the end of Feb. unless they are forced to hire new people then it starts at the bottom of the list and goes up to either come back or cut ties with lear....I have no idea what that UNION.Know it all is talking about...Maybe he only has a 3 year call back and not a 5 like other people...
Yeah it;s all good I won't quit whitby but I am in no rush to go back this layoff has opened my eyes I am way happier not working there so we'll see how it goes I don't think it's worth it to go backk and than get laid off again....
calledback

Oshawa, Canada

#1014 Feb 15, 2011
When we get called back to lear will the buy-out increase if we dont get the 2013 contracts? Hoping so see you lads sweating it out this summer argh!
observer

Canada

#1015 Feb 15, 2011
so they tell woodbridge foam its their way or the highway. for seven days they said no negotiations were moving to the states. after 7 days its like..we were just kidding. BRAVO to the union there they know their stuff and wernt intimidated. lear bargaining unit better wake up,open their eyes and remember that they all will be back on the floor working if they let lear do the bulliying again. will the membership buy their doom and gloom..theres and old saying fool me once shame on you;fool me twice shame on me. BATEMAN,MCDONALD,PEARNS..you have huge targets on your backs. you better get used to licking a sweaty ass on the floor beacause when you come back to the plant your gonna be licking hot sweaty un-air conditioned asses...count on it
beerback

Canada

#1016 Feb 15, 2011
no kidding.they better wake up and vote for compitent reps,not because theyre buds but because they are competant.everyone likes ken pearns but cmon hes been at lear for 25 yrs and hes still a renter. of coarse he drives a 40 thou dollar truck. he dosnt represent anyone except the lear low lifes who live paycheck tp payckeck and are either dope heads ,alcoholics or gambling freaks.hed vote yes to anything. it dosnt reflect the majority of the membership.
calledback

Oshawa, Canada

#1017 Feb 15, 2011
Yes I agree to both of these statements for sure!! I still drive my 40 000 dollar suv and still own my house lol EI treats me well! I hope we get some dough in the next contract $27 . hr ain't going to cut it for long
Steve

Scarborough, Canada

#1018 Feb 15, 2011
I bet local 1090 could have done a better job with the contract.
observer wrote:
so they tell woodbridge foam its their way or the highway. for seven days they said no negotiations were moving to the states. after 7 days its like..we were just kidding. BRAVO to the union there they know their stuff and wernt intimidated. lear bargaining unit better wake up,open their eyes and remember that they all will be back on the floor working if they let lear do the bulliying again. will the membership buy their doom and gloom..theres and old saying fool me once shame on you;fool me twice shame on me. BATEMAN,MCDONALD,PEARNS..you have huge targets on your backs. you better get used to licking a sweaty ass on the floor beacause when you come back to the plant your gonna be licking hot sweaty un-air conditioned asses...count on it
beerback

Toronto, Canada

#1019 Feb 16, 2011
Steve wrote:
I bet local 1090 could have done a better job with the contract.
<quoted text>
your missing the point. we dont need them we just need some reps..maybe some woman reps would have more cahones than the dumn.dumn pretty boys(who never sweat) that we have now. rick ryzicki would be an excellant rep. wide knowledge base,quite calm comfident and hes been attempted screwed by lear before. he did his research,collected his info and proof and laid a wooping on lear....why cause rick is honest and he had them over a barrel with their lies. you get alone with rick and tell him an untruth he will call you out on it. for more than 20 yrs a reliable friend well liked by most and an ace for the top job.
calledback

Oshawa, Canada

#1020 Feb 16, 2011
What did Rick R. Do for Lear to met with him?
Steve

Scarborough, Canada

#1021 Feb 17, 2011
No your point was taken and understood, it was just a little dig towards 1090 and there lack of union representation. Good luck to lear whitby, use 1090 as your example on what NOT to do and make sure you have the committee/local working properly for YOU, the membership and not the committee/local working for themselves. Your crew makes an amazing product, lear is making good money, make sure everyone gets there fair share of it. Stand tall and united, if not, just look to the west of you. Not a good picture is it.
beerback wrote:
<quoted text> your missing the point. we dont need them we just need some reps..maybe some woman reps would have more cahones than the dumn.dumn pretty boys(who never sweat) that we have now. rick ryzicki would be an excellant rep. wide knowledge base,quite calm comfident and hes been attempted screwed by lear before. he did his research,collected his info and proof and laid a wooping on lear....why cause rick is honest and he had them over a barrel with their lies. you get alone with rick and tell him an untruth he will call you out on it. for more than 20 yrs a reliable friend well liked by most and an ace for the top job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lear Corporation Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alma IAC News (Mar '11) Oct '16 inmate 3
lear roscommon closing (Jun '09) Feb '16 Just say no 22
IAC Wauseon (Apr '09) Jan '16 Extension 1,312
Mendon, IAC (Dec '15) Dec '15 Diamonddeb 1
Kitchner (Nov '06) Dec '15 richard wippich 1,847
when is it not a donation? (Nov '15) Nov '15 anti lear 1
IAC Greencastle (Jan '08) Aug '15 ScottA 596
More from around the web