Sidney IAC
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
gasser

Hamilton, OH

#42 Jul 22, 2009
I have been given the same information but the details are that a notice will be given in Sept. 2009, not the closed sign on the door. Yes that Office has the inside stuff, I worked at BBI and they let us in on all gory details! I do not have the phone number but here is the address
1155 D Lyons Rd. Dayton, OH 45458 anyone from Sidney IAC that want the TRUTH go there and find it... good luck and may the force be with you.
fk off wrote:
Steve Shelton, UAW office, Dayton, ohio, well miamisburg.
<quoted text>
Sid IAC

Jefferson, OH

#43 Jul 22, 2009
gasser wrote:
I have been given the same information but the details are that a notice will be given in Sept. 2009, not the closed sign on the door. Yes that Office has the inside stuff, I worked at BBI and they let us in on all gory details! I do not have the phone number but here is the address
1155 D Lyons Rd. Dayton, OH 45458 anyone from Sidney IAC that want the TRUTH go there and find it... good luck and may the force be with you.
<quoted text>
So, we can go to this location and they will tell us what information they have? Is there anyone specific that we need to talk to?
Sid IAC

Jefferson, OH

#44 Jul 22, 2009
Topix will not allow the phone number to be posted. Just google that address and you can get the phone number that way?
Sid IAC

Jefferson, OH

#45 Jul 22, 2009
gasser wrote:
<quoted text>
How much notice did they give you before they closed BBI?
just a number

United States

#46 Jul 22, 2009
The Zanesville Lear Plant was givin a year notice and the new guy Jason with Lear for a couple of weeks came in a told us they were closing the doors. Zanesville plant will be closed before the year is up. So be ready it will be closed before the date they give you.
union

Wapakoneta, OH

#47 Jul 22, 2009
yes
Big Dawg

Hamilton, OH

#48 Jul 31, 2009
Just to nothing, then when the close notice is posted, everyone will say I knew it! I am not surprised! but if everyone knows it, why do we not do anything? just sit and wait for slaughter like sheep? I feel like we are doomed and nobody cares not even the workers in the Plant.

Since: Jul 09

Gatlinburg, TN

#49 Jul 31, 2009
i did not tell anyone the iac plant in sidney is closing in september or any other time. I am not your rep.....wayne is. i have no idea what the future for your plant is.

I do know BBi told their chairperson they were closing on a wednesday and the plant was closed by saturday. a uaw attorney the chairperson, a committeeperson and myself visited their corporate office two weeks later and there were only 3 employees left and they were listing inventory for the bankruptcy sale.

i hope this never happens to your plant.

our office phone number is my user name....

i will not be back in the office until wednesday morning but if you need vefification i didn't tell anyone anything about your plant give me a call....

steve shelton
you gotta be kidding me

Hamilton, OH

#50 Jul 12, 2011
Production Operators Needed Full-Time Positions International Automotive Components (formerly known as Lear Corporation), a leading Tier I supplier of interior carpet components for the automotive industry, has full-time production operator positions open at its Sidney, Ohio location. Successful candidates must have a high school diploma or GED, be able to work any shift, and be able to work overtime as needed. Manufacturing experience is preferred. Pay rate is $10.50/hour, without progression. New Hires will be eligible for medical and dental insurance on the first of the month following the completion of sixty (60) calendar days. If interested, please complete an application at the Job Center of Shelby County located at the address below: Job Center of Shelby County 227 S. Ohio Avenue, Sidney, OH 45365 IAC is an equal opportunity employer Drug Screen Required.
Stuck in Sheboygan

United States

#51 Aug 10, 2011
I thought I'd come in here for a nostalgic chuckle, "$10.50/hour without progression..." I have to admit, you didn't disappoint me.
Left in the dark

United States

#52 Apr 3, 2013
Does anyone from Sidney have any information to give about where they are in negotiations?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lear Corporation Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whitby (Mar '07) May '17 Lear ajax 1090 1,483
IAC Greencastle (Jan '08) Mar '17 The Big O 597
Alma IAC News (Mar '11) Oct '16 inmate 3
lear roscommon closing (Jun '09) Feb '16 Just say no 22
IAC Wauseon (Apr '09) Jan '16 Extension 1,312
Mendon, IAC (Dec '15) Dec '15 Diamonddeb 1
Kitchner (Nov '06) Dec '15 richard wippich 1,847
More from around the web