IAC Sidney has no backbone
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
jdm

Mount Gilead, OH

#1 Apr 22, 2007
Sorry Carlisle but the spineless won by a pretty large margin in our vote on the contract. Just sitting there listening to some of those gutless morons with no motivation to succeed in life or have any inclination of self worth made me sick. Hell an almost identical proposal got voted down two weeks ago by a two to one margin, it just got voted in by a three to one margin. These idiots actually think that in two years they are gonna get some back or improve their position. Hell I look forward in two years I hope they lower their pay down to $12 an hour it would serve them right for not standing up for themselves. In two years I will be gone since my degree will almost be finished by them. I still have to feel sorry for those that voted no and my personal friends that are stuck with the view of all those other aholes. I hope that your union sticks by you more than the UAW because they are worthless from international to regional right on down to the local level.

Since: Feb 07

United States

#2 Apr 22, 2007
jdm wrote:
Sorry Carlisle but the spineless won by a pretty large margin in our vote on the contract. Just sitting there listening to some of those gutless morons with no motivation to succeed in life or have any inclination of self worth made me sick. Hell an almost identical proposal got voted down two weeks ago by a two to one margin, it just got voted in by a three to one margin. These idiots actually think that in two years they are gonna get some back or improve their position. Hell I look forward in two years I hope they lower their pay down to $12 an hour it would serve them right for not standing up for themselves. In two years I will be gone since my degree will almost be finished by them. I still have to feel sorry for those that voted no and my personal friends that are stuck with the view of all those other aholes. I hope that your union sticks by you more than the UAW because they are worthless from international to regional right on down to the local level.
Buh-bye
Sidney Ohio

Cleveland, OH

#3 Apr 22, 2007
I hope they shut the doors on the dump !
I can't beleive they voted yes, I hope
it comes back and bites them in their A$$'$!
Lear Sidney Employee

Centerburg, OH

#4 Apr 22, 2007
It will eventually come back to haunt them. And they will get what they deserve for being complacent. I voted NO again this time because a vote in the other direction was going to go against everything I believe in.
I commend my co-workers for also sticking with what they believe in by voting NO.

The Sidney Plant dropped the ball.
Mimi

AOL

#5 Apr 22, 2007
Jeff Swallow wrote:
<quoted text>
Buh-bye
You have not posted on this forum for a very long time and this is how you reappear,pathetic is what I have to say about you.I'll never understand how an individual of your caliber gets a position on a union board or anything else for that matter.What happened jeffy,did you get enough for your influence or what?Did you lose your backbone?Did you get SKEERED

United States

#6 Apr 22, 2007
Mimi wrote:
<quoted text>You have not posted on this forum for a very long time and this is how you reappear,pathetic is what I have to say about you.I'll never understand how an individual of your caliber gets a position on a union board or anything else for that matter.What happened jeffy,did you get enough for your influence or what?Did you lose your backbone?Did you get SKEERED
I made it through life for 44 years without your blessing, and I'm pretty sure I can go a couple more without it. My bill collectors don't care how much I make or where I make it, they just want their cut. Better to make almost as much now than none at all in a few months.

United States

#7 Apr 22, 2007
Mimi wrote:
<quoted text>You have not posted on this forum for a very long time and this is how you reappear,pathetic is what I have to say about you.I'll never understand how an individual of your caliber gets a position on a union board or anything else for that matter.What happened jeffy,did you get enough for your influence or what?Did you lose your backbone?Did you get SKEERED
As far as "SKEERED"...I WAS ONE OF THE LAST TO LEAVE THE LOT AGAIN, BUT STILL NO BIG BAD INTERNET WARRIORS CAME UP AND IDENTIFIED THEIRSELVES. STILL SMELLS LIKE CHICKEN SHIT ON HERE. THAT'S WHY I FIND BETTER THINGS TO DO.
Sidney Ohio

Cleveland, OH

#8 Apr 22, 2007
Being a good union rep, is not one of them better things to do ,.....Right.
Jeff Swallow wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as "SKEERED"...I WAS ONE OF THE LAST TO LEAVE THE LOT AGAIN, BUT STILL NO BIG BAD INTERNET WARRIORS CAME UP AND IDENTIFIED THEIRSELVES. STILL SMELLS LIKE CHICKEN SHIT ON HERE. THAT'S WHY I FIND BETTER THINGS TO DO.

Since: Mar 07

Hamilton, OH

#9 Apr 22, 2007
Jeff Swallow wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS. No one forced you to get on here and talk the smack that you did. Oh, you came off strong with all the bold talk in the beginning. EVERYBODY SEES YOU FOR WHAT YOU ARE. NO AMOUNT OF TALK, ARGUEING OR CONFRONTATION IS GOING TO CHANGE THAT. SO WHAT WOULD BE THE POINT? IT'S DONE, IT'S OVER WITH.

Since: Mar 07

Hamilton, OH

#10 Apr 22, 2007
Jeff Swallow wrote:
<quoted text>
I made it through life for 44 years without your blessing, and I'm pretty sure I can go a couple more without it. My bill collectors don't care how much I make or where I make it, they just want their cut. Better to make almost as much now than none at all in a few months.
THAT'S IRONIC THAT YOU WOULD USE THE TERM CUT INSTEAD OF MONEY!

Hamilton, OH

#11 Apr 23, 2007
jdm wrote:
GOOD POST! They are all disillusioned! Wishing Carlisle all the best and aplogize for our lack of SOLIDarity. Most were just happy to get their overtime and would have voted away anything to insure they kept that option. Fools!

Hamilton, OH

#12 Apr 23, 2007
Mimi wrote:
Mimi
There was a reason for that. It doesn't take very long to figure that one out. Look at the picture......it shows what he seems to have lost! Hell he don't even deserve the sweat off my beer let alone what's in it! Pathetic is right on target.
Mimi

AOL

#13 Apr 23, 2007
Pack It Up wrote:
<quoted text>Mimi
There was a reason for that. It doesn't take very long to figure that one out. Look at the picture......it shows what he seems to have lost! Hell he don't even deserve the sweat off my beer let alone what's in it! Pathetic is right on target.
what are you saying,big balls lil d--k.lol
That was very bad of me.sorry jeffie
jdm jay miller

Mount Gilead, OH

#14 Apr 24, 2007
Some people in this life just aren't leaders they are followers. That is what the majority of people are and our membership is no different. They were asking for help to guide them in the right direction and received nothing from the local on up! You can't blame people for what they are but you can blame people in leadership positions up and down the board. I am not afraid to say with the leadership in the UAW we are all screwed, what the hell do we pay dues for? The right to vote yes on getting bent over? By the way jeff as far as smelling the chicken shit I am sure Bob Standon got his nose full!!! ain't sceered evidently when it comes to standing up for whats right you are.

United States

#15 Apr 24, 2007
jdm jay miller wrote:
Some people in this life just aren't leaders they are followers. That is what the majority of people are and our membership is no different. They were asking for help to guide them in the right direction and received nothing from the local on up! You can't blame people for what they are but you can blame people in leadership positions up and down the board. I am not afraid to say with the leadership in the UAW we are all screwed, what the hell do we pay dues for? The right to vote yes on getting bent over? By the way jeff as far as smelling the chicken shit I am sure Bob Standon got his nose full!!! ain't sceered evidently when it comes to standing up for whats right you are.
Jay....if its just too morally apprehensible for you to continue to work at IAC, we would all understand if you quit. Maybe you could donate your wages to charity to make yourself feel better. There are people forced out right now that would love to have their paycheck back, so be a "leader" and open up a spot for one of them. Take your buddy Dave with you.
Tim Woods

Scarborough, Canada

#16 Apr 24, 2007
Jeff Swallow wrote:
<quoted text>
Jay....if its just too morally apprehensible for you to continue to work at IAC, we would all understand if you quit. Maybe you could donate your wages to charity to make yourself feel better. There are people forced out right now that would love to have their paycheck back, so be a "leader" and open up a spot for one of them. Take your buddy Dave with you.
Why not just tell everyone they've had it "too good for too long." That way everyone will gladly accept the concessions. It seems to have worked in the Kitchener plant.
jdm jay miller

Mount Gilead, OH

#17 Apr 24, 2007
tim some people at Sidney already used that line also. As far as your comments Jeff I didn't say it was morally reprehensible to work there, what I did say was stand up to corporate greed and do what was right. I currently am attending college and will be gone in due time. And as far as getting jobs back Ross and his crew already knew which plants they were gonna close before all this mess happened. It is a simple matter of economics plants that make you money are gonna stick around for awhile at least. I also already made my donation to charity it is called the Wilbur Ross fund and it begins May 1 and no it didn't make me happy. The people are forced out right now because management wanted the plant to be half empty because it increased their bargaining position.
STRASBURG 11

AOL

#18 Apr 24, 2007
Jeff Swallow wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU NEED TO CHANGE THE PHOTO,I HOPE ITS NOT YOUR CHILD,IMAGINE THE EXAMPLE YOU ARE SETTING EVERY SINGLE DAY.IT IS EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TO LOOK AT THAT POOR LITTLE INNOCENT CHILD AND TRY TO COMPREHEND WHAT KIND OF A LIFE IT WILL HAVE WITH AS ITS FATHER.OH,HAVE A FEW BEERS.

United States

#19 Apr 24, 2007
STRASBURG 11 wrote:
<quoted text>YOU NEED TO CHANGE THE PHOTO,I HOPE ITS NOT YOUR CHILD,IMAGINE THE EXAMPLE YOU ARE SETTING EVERY SINGLE DAY.IT IS EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TO LOOK AT THAT POOR LITTLE INNOCENT CHILD AND TRY TO COMPREHEND WHAT KIND OF A LIFE IT WILL HAVE WITH AS ITS FATHER.OH,HAVE A FEW BEERS.
go pick your scab.
Mark Drees

Marysville, OH

#20 Apr 25, 2007
jeff for all the trouble and hard time you gave me after the 2004 contract. remember when you said the contract sucked and you voted no, and said you would take on the company and you would strike over that contract. if you had the balls to vote no on that contract, how could you stand up as the union rep and recommend this contract. it seems to me you gave up everything in one contract that it took us two contracts in eight years to accomplish. i've lost my faith in the UAW. i am not blaming you, i am blaming the whole committe and the international rep.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lear Corporation Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whitby (Mar '07) May 16 Lear Slave 1,473
Lear Ajax (Jan '08) May 12 Sum1new 2,927
lear roscommon closing (Jun '09) Feb '16 Just say no 22
IAC Wauseon (Apr '09) Jan '16 Extension 1,312
Mendon, IAC Dec '15 Diamonddeb 1
Kitchner (Nov '06) Dec '15 richard wippich 1,847
when is it not a donation? (Nov '15) Nov '15 anti lear 1
More from around the web