Syracuse China to close factory after...

Syracuse China to close factory after 137 years

There are 2 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 10, 2008, titled Syracuse China to close factory after 137 years. In it, Newsday reports that:

Syracuse China is another victim of the slumping economy. The 137-year-old company will close its Syracuse ceramic dinnerware factory in March, eliminating 275 jobs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Deb

Selden, NY

#1 Dec 11, 2008
multinationals outsource production to avoid employee protection laws, fair wage laws, and environmental protection laws, then put Americans out of work. Meantime, their multinational US BASED CEOs make 300 to 400 times the salary of line workers. Disgusting.
Virginia Colon

Virginia Beach, VA

#2 Dec 19, 2008
I have 2 plates made by Syracuse China that were made for a function held in honor of President John F. Kennedy. They are deep blue with gold trim and the presidential seal made with gold in the middle. I have only two but our family has others. I am very interested to find out more about these plates and I was wondering if there is anyone out there that can help me. After reading the article about Syracuse Chine closing it's doors i don't know where to turn to. My e-mail address is [email protected] if anyone can help. Thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Libbey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Some fall short of tax-credit promises | The Co... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Obozo the Clown 6
News Some fall short of tax-credit promises (Jul '10) Jul '10 Eugene_C 2
News On a grand scale | The Columbus Dispatch (Jan '10) Jan '10 Meathead123 2
More from around the web