World's smallest Medtronic Micra pacemaker: Cardiac pacing game change?

Full story: PhysOrg Weblog
Device maker Medtronic has accomplished a feat in device miniaturization, this time in the form of an implantable cardiac device the size of a large vitamin. Full Story
ZombieApocolypse

Bryn Mawr, PA

#1 Jan 1, 2014
Get a pacemaker and welcome to the zombie apocalypse. Get a pacemaker you will never sleep again. If you are really lucky you MIGHT doze off for about 10-15 minutes. No rest equals agitation and misery. You will not feel like doing a thing. You will literally walk around like a zombie.

Problem is they set them too high for some. They won't let the heart rate drop low enough to drop to the beat rate their body is used to for sleep. I know people that when they fell asleep a bomb wouldn't wake them up now a creek in the floor or paper shuffling wakes them. The person could fall asleep or nap for an hour or two now they might if they are really lucky doze off for 15 minutes.

CAUTION-DANGER-WARNING: Get a pacemaker and you may NEVER sleep again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kyphon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Medtronic Agrees to Settle Infuse Shareholder C... (Apr '12) Jul '14 Human at Earth 13
Judge lets Medtronic Infuse case go to trial in... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Ericaparker 1
Thinking of dipping your toes in social media? ... (Mar '13) Aug '13 Pacing Princess 2
Medtronic To Cut 500 Jobs In Minnesota (May '13) May '13 milwaukee69 3
German authorities clear Medtronic, Kyphon merger (Sep '07) Sep '07 peter 1

Kyphon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE