Shoplifting suspect shot and killed at Keller Kohl's identified

Oct 30, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Star-Telegram.com

The shoplifting suspect who was shot and killed by a Keller police last week at a Kohl's department store has been identified as Mark Anthony Brooks, 42, of Fort Worth.. Brooks was fatally shot by Keller officer Johnathan Hicks during a struggle that ensued after Brooks lunged at the officer.

Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Sep 25, 2013
skiphbaker

Salinas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

I knew the victim. He was right handed. He had a broken right arm with a cast from his elbow to his knuckles. He looked odd when he carried stuff. He had been paid handsomely the day before. I ask you why would a gimped up guy lunge at an able bodied man with a gun?...and why four shots? Sp
Skipcook

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Also why would a policeman, shoot a man in a cast four times for shoplifting. How many times does an armed robber get shot for bank robbery.
I wonder if the FBI should investigate Keller PD?
Lyle Dewitt

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

Dude had a lengthy criminal record, went looking for trouble, and found it.
The Bill

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Sounds like your answer is in your question. If he is gimped up and has a wad of money in his pocket...why is he shoplifting for in the first place? Then, once your idiotic self gets caught, why is his gimped up self even putting up a fight with the cop and then stupid enough to even make it remotely seem like he is going for his weapon. I live less than a mile from where this happened, I gotta say, I hate to see anyone lose their life but this is fully justified. No cop is going to want to shoot someone in a department store full of witnesses and cameras unless its absolutely necessary. Y'all sound like some murder's mama yelling out what a good boy he has always been and blaming the police for making him that way in the first place. Ignorant.
Big bad john

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

You idiots need to find better things to post on a topix forum. And Lyle Dewitt your not a cop so how do you know who has a bad record......
Lyle Dewitt

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

@ Big Bad John.......how do you know I'm not a cop? Criminal records are a matter of public domain and can be viewed by any citizen.

Are you a brain surgeon?
Lyle Dewitt

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Big bad john wrote:
You idiots need to find better things to post on a topix forum. And Lyle Dewitt your not a cop so how do you know who has a bad record......
By the way.....you are posting on a Topix forum....idiot.
Mr Jones

Ferndale, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Were there any actual witnesses to this shooting? Does anyone know?
Matt

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

It's been almost a year since mark died. He was a good friend to me at a time in my life when I really needed someone to be there for me. He might have had a bad record and done bad things but he didnt deserve to die this way. Mark was not a violent person believe me if he was I would have gotten the full force of his anger over a disagreement we had iver some work that I had hired him to do. I left town for 6 months came home and within two weeks he was gone. Rip little buddy. I'm sorry you had to die alone. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to say goodbye.
Alan

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

...Cops are our employees, we pay them and they work for us. Cops are their to PROTECT US, not to protect themselves. If they are their to protect US then why do they worry about their safety before ours? People who go around defending their territory with guns...sounds like a gang to me. Again, if the cop didn't have the gun to begin with he couldn't lie and say he went for it.

All cops are shit, and I will tell you why. "But some cops are good", nope. There is something called the "code of silence", it is very real, it means cops watch out for other cops and won't arrest them and will ignore things. So, those supposedly "good" cops are still aware of what really goes on and they do nothing or are too scared to do something.

The only "good" cops are the ones who quit because they realized what it was all about or they got fired because they tried to expose the truth. I'm sure some even die in "accidents".

In conclusion a "good" cop is like a "good nazi", do you think all Nazis were killing jews directly? No, but they ALL turned a blind eye and did nothing. You can CHOOSE to not be a part of it.
La Supremo

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Alan wrote:
...Cops are our employees, we pay them and they work for us. Cops are their to PROTECT US, not to protect themselves. If they are their to protect US then why do they worry about their safety before ours? People who go around defending their territory with guns...sounds like a gang to me. Again, if the cop didn't have the gun to begin with he couldn't lie and say he went for it.
All cops are shit, and I will tell you why. "But some cops are good", nope. There is something called the "code of silence", it is very real, it means cops watch out for other cops and won't arrest them and will ignore things. So, those supposedly "good" cops are still aware of what really goes on and they do nothing or are too scared to do something.
The only "good" cops are the ones who quit because they realized what it was all about or they got fired because they tried to expose the truth. I'm sure some even die in "accidents".
In conclusion a "good" cop is like a "good nazi", do you think all Nazis were killing jews directly? No, but they ALL turned a blind eye and did nothing. You can CHOOSE to not be a part of it.
The only people who think Cops are all bad and don't want them to have guns are criminals.
BIG BAD JOHN

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

La Supremo wrote:
<quoted text>
The only people who think Cops are all bad and don't want them to have guns are criminals.
Yes so true.
Friend of Victim

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

I hardly think that the victim deserved 3 deathly shots,(there was 4 shots, but one of them was a miss). The Victim had a hard life, did many things wrong... and yes it was wrong to shoplift....he deserved to go to jail over it. He was in a cast from fall he had taken earlier. My issue is "how much force has to be taken by a cop".... and what happened to hand cuffing him before they took him out of the store? I think there are many unansered questions here. Deadly force was not necessary...
BIG BAD JOHN

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Friend of Victim wrote:
I hardly think that the victim deserved 3 deathly shots,(there was 4 shots, but one of them was a miss). The Victim had a hard life, did many things wrong... and yes it was wrong to shoplift....he deserved to go to jail over it. He was in a cast from fall he had taken earlier. My issue is "how much force has to be taken by a cop".... and what happened to hand cuffing him before they took him out of the store? I think there are many unansered questions here. Deadly force was not necessary...

I agree with you on this you knuckel head but this topic is old. Try talking about other things other then crime which we hear on the news at all times. Not all cops are in the wrong you doushbag but i actaully think your right on this case. Yes you are still a doushbag.
BIG BAD JOHN

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Lyle Dewitt wrote:
Dude had a lengthy criminal record, went looking for trouble, and found it.
Dude when a shop lifter breaks the law he is to be taken to the city jail and held for a bond. Then the courts will decide on hat to do. Nobody is to be shot for shoplifting you doushbag.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••