Police arrest man for posing as an of...

Police arrest man for posing as an officer

There are 34 comments on the Chillicothe Gazette story from Mar 12, 2012, titled Police arrest man for posing as an officer. In it, Chillicothe Gazette reports that:

Whether you know it or not, you were the big winner in a case decided Wednesday by the Ohio Supreme... CHILLICOTHE - Chillicothe Police have arrested a Hawthorne Road man believed to have been impersonating a police officer over the past few weeks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chillicothe Gazette.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Oct 11

Chillicothe, OH

#2 Mar 12, 2012
I don't understand this at all. Why impersonate a police officer in the manner that he did? My thought is he just wanted to experience some sort of feeling of control.

But still, if I were to impersonate someone it would at least be someone impressive like the NSA or CIA and NOT the CPD lol
WTF

Chillicothe, OH

#4 Mar 12, 2012
82Angst wrote:
I don't understand this at all. Why impersonate a police officer in the manner that he did? My thought is he just wanted to experience some sort of feeling of control.
But still, if I were to impersonate someone it would at least be someone impressive like the NSA or CIA and NOT the CPD lol
I thought there we're two of them.. are they just trying to arrest someone to avoid a internal investigation.
WTF

Chillicothe, OH

#5 Mar 12, 2012
Or a CPD girlfriend that dumped him and that's his way of harassing them...happens all the time...
iknow

Chillicothe, OH

#6 Mar 12, 2012
All good guesses but wrong. Chad is an employee of Walmart, in his own mind he thinks he is playing hero, trying to get all the bad people and "druggies" out of the places he resides (work, Walmart, apartment, Plyleys lane) He isn't a bad person, just a little on the slow side mentally. I feel bad for the guy.
WTF

Chillicothe, OH

#7 Mar 12, 2012
iknow wrote:
All good guesses but wrong. Chad is an employee of Walmart, in his own mind he thinks he is playing hero, trying to get all the bad people and "druggies" out of the places he resides (work, Walmart, apartment, Plyleys lane) He isn't a bad person, just a little on the slow side mentally. I feel bad for the guy.
This is ironic CPD won't do their jobs the poor guy thought someone should! We should all vote to let him drive the tank... I don't think this is the same one that made that couple take a drug test! They are just making a big deal out of this cause they have no clue who the other dudes are. So they have to serve something (or someone) up to make it look like they are earning their pay.
wendy3000

Chillicothe, OH

#8 Mar 12, 2012
I heard they busted another guy for impersonating the chillicothe police department this morning. Apparently they busted him red-handed as he was cooped up in his house calling Columbus for backup to help him bust some skateboarding teenagers.

Since: Oct 11

Chillicothe, OH

#9 Mar 12, 2012
iknow wrote:
Oh.. i see. Hope the guy gets the help he needs from this and not just thrown into a pod with a bunch of lowlifes, but I won't hold my breath.
frot

Columbus, OH

#10 Mar 13, 2012
This guy seems like a cross between the gay boondock saints ex-cop in the sequel and batman from the dark knight. His heart was in the right place but he is hurting the police force and public at large through his antics because the powers that be and him are not on the same page. Both of those movies were pretty good. I hope he keeps up the good work of clearing the streets and doesn't get caught again. I feel he should go to 444 Church Street and see if he can't pick up the ball the "real Cops" have been dropping.
sminkos

United States

#11 Mar 13, 2012
82Angst wrote:
At least this man was trying to do good! The cpd won't get off their lazy as*es and do something about these people. They sit back and wait for it to be thrown into their laps. He was simply trying to 'get rid of' the 'bad guys'. That's more than I can say about the cpd, maybe that should make him a real officer and some of the drugs and crimes would slow down a bit. He shouldn't get and time for this in my opinion. I say he was doin a damn fine job!
frot

Columbus, OH

#12 Mar 13, 2012
My only potential concern is who he was trying to show authority to. It seems to me that if these were no good punks then he was definitely within his right as a American to run them off the premises. If he was trying to show off to a bunch of young women who turned down his sexual advances then that would be another issue. I'm not sure what these "teenagers" were doing in this instance. Teenage kids aren't the worst segment of society American society, look at all the adult women who get abortions like birth control. Hopefully this Chad guy will focus his efforts on them.
future pilot

Chillicothe, OH

#13 Mar 13, 2012
well im a little slow but i always dreamed of being a pilot. gonna go see if i can try it, just sayin
Ashley Smith

Chillicothe, OH

#15 Mar 13, 2012
This is my cousin...Chad is a good person..He was born with developemental disabilities and atleast he thought he was doing the right thing...Now he is in alot of trouble over this...He didnt understand that he did anything wrong...The teenagers werent teens they were grown men and they shouldnt be hangin in local parking lots..I would think they have better things to do with their lives then hang in Kohls parking lot...The photo that the newspaper and news posted was his drivers license photo not his mugshot...It was a very misleading picture...
Ashley Smith

Chillicothe, OH

#16 Mar 13, 2012
future pilot wrote:
well im a little slow but i always dreamed of being a pilot. gonna go see if i can try it, just sayin
Maybe you need to stop and think about things before you post a stupid comment like that...Atleast I have the nerve to put my real name with my comments unlike you..
hello

Chillicothe, OH

#17 Mar 13, 2012
my frieend was there at walmart the police showed up at walmart they told my friends that they had to leave there and my friend told the police that this dude was acting like he was the police so he went up to the dude and dude have a fake bage and stuff she they took him to jail!!
Ashley Smith

Chillicothe, OH

#18 Mar 13, 2012
hello wrote:
my frieend was there at walmart the police showed up at walmart they told my friends that they had to leave there and my friend told the police that this dude was acting like he was the police so he went up to the dude and dude have a fake bage and stuff she they took him to jail!!
Whatever thats not what happened at all dont know where you got your information from but not true....
Jackrabbit

Chillicothe, OH

#19 Mar 14, 2012
wendy3000 wrote:
I heard they busted another guy for impersonating the chillicothe police department this morning. Apparently they busted him red-handed as he was cooped up in his house calling Columbus for backup to help him bust some skateboarding teenagers.
I don't know how they found him, didn't CPD go to the wrong address again?
Jackrabbit

Chillicothe, OH

#20 Mar 14, 2012
With multiple instances of person or persons that are supposed to be impersonating CPD or a Depuy Sheriff, I have a REAL problem with the CPD not taking a written report when they were called to the same parking lot on previous occasions. Not taking a report should be a punishable offense itself.
DWhite Howerd

Columbus, OH

#21 Mar 14, 2012
So was he the two guys that asked for the urine sample from the woman??? Did he do anything racist? As long he wasn't racially profiling I think he is crazy as a fox and seemed committed to his cause. They called Karl Malone slow but he was an NBA All-Star Champion and professional wrestler so he got the last laugh I'd say.
walmart employee

United States

#22 Mar 15, 2012
Maybe the cpd should point there focus on the kids that hang out in walmart parking lot and speed and act like they have no since! Who's fault is it when a small child gets away from there parents and run in the road right when one of these kids are racing up and down the parking lot! At least chad had the nerve to try and help the situation!!!
respectful one

Chillicothe, OH

#23 Mar 15, 2012
i agree some of them kids are just out looking for trouble but were not all bad there's a group of us that hang out away from the big group and chill and talk we dont drink, smoke, rev our trucks, do burn outs, or race we just talk about the work week or plan weekend trips or just talk about our past/future plans or our trucks wall-marts a central point for us and we always go in and get drinks and a snack before setting in our trucks. hell the cops even tell us hey were srry the asses got us called out here but you guys just go to kmart or something then they come to kmart and even chill with us. and im srry to say but you guys think its bad now wait till summer time hits theres gona be way more ppl there

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

KSS Retail Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News After election, are shoppers ready to think abo... (Nov '16) Nov '16 Yes Jose There Is... 1
News Man accused of dragging SAPD officer with car a... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Tyrone 9
News Ukiah police and fire log: Saturday, Sept. 5, 2015 (Sep '15) Sep '15 Here Is One 1
News Ukiah police and fire log: Thursday, Sept. 3, 2015 (Sep '15) Sep '15 Here Is One 1
News Ukiah police and fire log: Saturday, May 23, 2015 (May '15) Jun '15 Here Is One 3
News In authenticity battle Walker looks to Kohl's (Apr '15) Apr '15 Your Ex 3
News PD: Man accused of taking woman's phone at Padu... (Mar '15) Apr '15 JBR 9
More from around the web