Change in store for Dublin corner | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 15 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Oct 20, 2010, titled Change in store for Dublin corner | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

The Dublin City Council wants to make sure a planned Kroger gas station does not add to the congestion at the intersection of Hospital and Avery-Muirfield drives.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Yawn

Columbus, OH

#1 Oct 20, 2010
Anyone remember the good old days when there was a real newspaper? This story would have been on page D-6 in "Community News" with a well-written headline instead of taking up prime real estate on the web site with a headline that alludes to something bigger than what was delivered.
Yep

Maumee, OH

#2 Oct 20, 2010
I remember that paper. Now we get overhyped Buckeye coverage and this garbage. The paper represents the capital of the state of Ohio and this is the best we can get. Note to the Wolfe family: Your circulation is not down because of the internet. Your circulation is down because your product sucks. Write compelling, informative stories and people will read.
tongue in cheek

Reynoldsburg, OH

#3 Oct 20, 2010
Yep wrote:
I remember that paper. Now we get overhyped Buckeye coverage and this garbage. The paper represents the capital of the state of Ohio and this is the best we can get. Note to the Wolfe family: Your circulation is not down because of the internet. Your circulation is down because your product sucks. Write compelling, informative stories and people will read.
I remember that paper too. Wasn't it called The Columbus Citizen Journal?
KnotStandingStil l

Powell, OH

#4 Oct 20, 2010
Now it's ALL the Republican Cheerleading News That Fits Our Views!

(Like Faux Snooze)
XcityDude

Washington Court House, OH

#5 Oct 20, 2010
NO ROUND ABOUTS! Are you crazy? Stop It!
Mary

Columbus, OH

#6 Oct 20, 2010
Traffic is already a mess over there most of the day. Why mess with roundabouts...
Grandma

Dublin, OH

#7 Oct 20, 2010
Mary wrote:
Traffic is already a mess over there most of the day. Why mess with roundabouts...
I totally agree, Mary. The round-abouts that have been put in may make for less dangerous accidents (although more of them), but I hate, hate, hate them!!! I don't know why Dublin (and now Hilliard) is so gung-ho on putting these in everywhere. The round-abouts at Avery-Muirfield and Muirfield at Post Road and Brand Road are already more than I can stomach and I avoid the area like the plague. Seems like Dublin is more interested in spending bunches of money than they are in what's safe for drivers. Dublin -- widen those interesections if you must and put in turn lanes, but FORGET more round-abouts!!
Grandma

Dublin, OH

#8 Oct 20, 2010
Just read my post - since when is gungho a "bad" word that necessitates the ****???? Oh, is "ho" a derogatory word that will offend someone?? I never knew that!!
Tom

Dublin, OH

#9 Oct 20, 2010
KnotStandingStill wrote:
Now it's ALL the Republican Cheerleading News That Fits Our Views!
(Like Faux Snooze)
Your worldview will be rejected in 13 days.
Concerned Citizen

Dublin, OH

#10 Oct 20, 2010
I agree with Grandma! I am sooo sick of these round-abouts. The round-abouts that Dublin just put in on 161 and Industrial Parkway I think are actually making traffic worse! Find a better solution that doesn't involve round-abouts at every corner!
reality check

Columbus, OH

#11 Oct 20, 2010
Concerned Citizen wrote:
I agree with Grandma! I am sooo sick of these round-abouts. The round-abouts that Dublin just put in on 161 and Industrial Parkway I think are actually making traffic worse! Find a better solution that doesn't involve round-abouts at every corner!
Actually, many studies show that roundabouts keep traffic moving and decrease accidents. Sorry, but it's true.

Not sure I can picture how they would fit in these two intersections (which are rather large) but that Wendy's/Tim Horton's is definitely in a tricky spot and traffic does back up with nowhere to go. Seems like a good idea to me! Way to go Dublin.
Edukated Commentator

Columbus, OH

#12 Oct 20, 2010
You know, I stay away from Dublin because the traffic infrastructure is so screwed up. Roads twisting this way and that way with no real sense of planning at all. Let's connect this to that to this over here, and then we'll loop around and here's some houses (really big McMansion houses) and then here some big office buildings and here's a big 4-lane road splitting through the middle and then this road stops and this one begins. I would call it a clusterf***. Astericks mine. But I do like roundabouts.
Mack Daddy

Butler, OH

#13 Oct 20, 2010
Traffic collisions every 20 seconds. I say start ticketing the Dublin folks like crazy until they learn to drive normal like the rest of us. I guess they think that they are special and can drive like they want.
Reader

Dublin, OH

#14 Oct 20, 2010
For some reason, Dublin now wants to be Columbus.
Bob from UA

Columbus, OH

#15 Oct 20, 2010
Edukated Commentator wrote:
You know, I stay away from Dublin because the traffic infrastructure is so screwed up. Roads twisting this way and that way with no real sense of planning at all. Let's connect this to that to this over here, and then we'll loop around and here's some houses (really big McMansion houses) and then here some big office buildings and here's a big 4-lane road splitting through the middle and then this road stops and this one begins. I would call it a clusterf***. Astericks mine. But I do like roundabouts.
I stay away from Dublin because I don't like Dublin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kroger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll What should Key Retailing be renamed (Jun '09) Dec '14 An observer 117
News Moms Demand Action Calls On Kroger Family Of St... (Aug '14) Dec '14 Independent1 56
News OUR Walmart Demands Chain Pay $15/Hr., While UF... Dec '14 The Hack Checker 3
Free coupons Nov '14 angie Young 1
News Kroger Facing Discrimination Lawsuit (Nov '08) Nov '14 TIREDOFIT 91
Rumor of Kroger Coming Back (Aug '14) Sep '14 LordHDR1 3
News Food stamp arrivals drive midnight run on groce... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Elizabeth 20
More from around the web