First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Memphis

Cordova, TN

#105 Mar 11, 2012
Dillons employee wrote:
<quoted text>
We have passed Key Retailing at my store everytime we are checked for certification. We are now a learning store for our division. Key Retailing works because we have all bought in. We don't bitch and moan about it, CAO, ELMS, etc. We make it work.
We run $800000 a week with a backroom for a store that runs half that, but we make it work within the standards set by K.R. Our store is very organized, low overtime and very low out of stocks. Our management team is very succesful because they are on the sales floor directing associates, engaging with customers and working stock on the shelves. Key Retailing will never work in your stores if you don't give it your 100% best effort. We are always told that the best thing we can do is work whatever program we are given by G.O. to the best of our abilities and prove them wrong that it works. 90% of the time, we are wrong.
Finally a brain....thank you!
Memphis

Cordova, TN

#106 Mar 11, 2012
UFCWSUCKS wrote:
Tennessee is failing to we are all lost Kroger Souls!
I think the difference in divisions may be due to Labor
conditions ..... in my store we have very little help
compared to say 10 yrs ago...
Email me [email protected]
<quoted text>
Please don't include those of us in the western part of the state......we are doing just fine.
Lenzy

Arlington, TX

#107 Mar 30, 2012
Too much focus on key retail. Kroger has so many idiots in the Texas area for managing a store.There is a store in Allen,the store manager name is Kevin.That is the biggest dum ass you can have as a manager.Every time I visit that store he always put on this front speaking to us customer when I know he could give a Damn about me.I have watch how he treats some of his employees. Why would they have such a ass managing a store.It is obvious that Kroger could care less of their employees.
Unhappy

Scottsburg, IN

#108 Apr 4, 2012
Key retailing will be the demise of Kroger.
In five years after all of the profit takers have had their day, customer service will cease to be. In an orientation program we are told that Barney Kroger said, in other words, that how we treat our employees in return is how our employees give back to the customers. In my many years with the company I am sad that we no longer have the hours to give superior service even though the company expects it or the hours to do the real work instead of wasting time with team guides and excessive useless paperwork.
Like cattle to the slaughter we channel them through the gates, tell them all of the benefits we have to offer, smash their groceries to keep up with productive expectations, and on to the next customer. We now have a program in place to choose which gate to send them.
I can get the same treatment at a Walmart where there is no customer service, out of stock product, filthy stores, and pay the same or less for the items I buy.
We are selling green beans and potatoes for heavens sake.
snow white

Rocky Mount, NC

#109 Apr 17, 2012
Shawn wrote:
Key retailing is something Kroger puts into practice into their stores to keep stores in sync with each other.
Cashiers SHOULD reach their ELMS score, it is a reasonable goal (95%)and will overall improve the customers checkout experience.
If you have an issue with your pay, you should contact your union rep, not blame it on key retailing.
ok i get the key retailing thing with the elms but what happens when you have cashiers that don't give a s*** of how there scan rate is and the scan so slow that makes the que vision go crazy. they don't care if they are fast on the registers or not. i myself have tried to train the 20 or so cashiers that we have to improve their scan rates but they are like "i don't care about that stuff" i've had 3 cashiers that have actually listen to me and got their scan rates above 95%. my scan rate is usually 106%-110% and the ppl that have listened to me went from a 88% to 101% scan rate. if we could get together somehow and get everyone going onthe scan rate that would be just great. our store even tells the cashiers if your scanrate improves we'll give you a $5.00 gift card if you keep it going above 95% scan rate then you'll keep fgetting a $5.00 gift card. i've had enough gift cards inthe past that i got free groceries once. not aon a register too much now because i'm in the customer care service desk. but when i am onthe register i'm always #1 for the week in scan rate.
snow white

Rocky Mount, NC

#110 Apr 17, 2012
hey if you can say something nice about someone then keep your mouth shut. he probably does care about you the customers because if he didn't care about his customers then he wouldn't have a paycheck every month. then again he might think you're the biggest dumb ass too, but i bet that he don't get onhere and annouce it to the whole world like you did. do us all a favor and keep your big mouth shut.
and like you said why would they have such a ass managing the store well let's put it like this, at least they don't have YOU managing the store. it would probably shut down within a matter of months with YOU running it because you would PROBABLY CARE LESS about your customers, and the only thing that you would worry about is your next paychecks. you know what the saying is? "a satisfied customer made this paychecks possible" remember that next time your shopping at thjat litle store in allen. how do you know that the ppl working at this particular kroger are all idiots? let me guess i bet YOU work there too, so you're calling yourself an idiots. sounds about right.
randy

Etta, MS

#111 May 31, 2012
I'm unfortunately employed at kroger, in in produce, i do all of it. our store is currently a learning store for key retailing wave 5a, and it seems to have affected our entire team since we started this program. i've been here for 3 years, we got 1 new part timer at the start of key retailing. Back before keyretailing we got all of the shit done, orders written, truck stacked, everything fresh/filled, conditioning all done by noon.. and everyone was happy, got along, and helped each other. key retailing kicks in and now we cant get conditioning, everything worked, no one gets along, everyone hates this shit. Then the guy in charge of key retailing says what do u think of key retailing, then told him how i feel, what i think. OF course what does he do? blow it off, he doesnt give a shit cause im not a manager. Key retailing wasnt planned through, the sign kit they give us is complete shit, we walk past the signs and they fall off. ask them about the new ones that we are supposed to get next week, oh yeah we dont know what problems there will be with those, but the signs we have now have been falling on the floor left and right for 6 months. the new filling only 2 high when we have 2-300 products out there is tough morning/night with the new paperwork and new cutfruit they broughtback and added but gave no hours for, they allot us 3 hrs a day, but it takes us a good 5-6 to make as much as they want. they tell us to do this one way, the next time someone else comes in and tells us differently, and another guy diff again. then the boss man comes in and says half the shits wrong. make up your mind ffs.

Since: Jul 12

Canal Winchester, OH

#112 Jul 20, 2012
Key Retailing is my guide; I shall not think. 2 It maketh me to lose my initiative: it causeth me to ignore common sense. 3 It destroyeth my spirit: it leadeth me in the path of blind compliance for its name's sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the halls of idiocy, I will shun all knowledge: for it art with me; it's inflexibility saps me of my morale 5 It prepareth reports for me to steal my productivity: it filleth my day with mindless details; my effectiveness sufferth. 6 Surely despair and gloom shall follow me all the work day: and I will run for the time clock at quitting time.
Joe

Antioch, TN

#113 Aug 16, 2012
Shawn wrote:
Key retailing is something Kroger puts into practice into their stores to keep stores in sync with each other.
Cashiers SHOULD reach their ELMS score, it is a reasonable goal (95%)and will overall improve the customers checkout experience.
If you have an issue with your pay, you should contact your union rep, not blame it on key retailing.
Elms is very dumb.If of have large order with a lot of coupons you can not reach 95%.
no way

United States

#114 Sep 7, 2012
Key retaing is a joke. I am sure on the computer program it looks like a great tool. However, does it take into count staff issues (pay with peanuts, get monkeys)). Not a lot of "go getters out there for minimum wages to work nights, weekends, holidays, even in this job market. Does it take into count late trucks, common now, especially peyton?? 100% effective?? REALLY?? Does the coporate people work 100% of the time, 100% of the time they are at work?? Then u want to jump us because we r not engaging?? REALLY. We r trying to be 100% effective and have no time to look up. Do not see a "task" for talking to customers (engaging). And isn't the Customer Why we all took the job?? Customer first?? I don't think so. Our people are great?? REALLY?
Bill B

Winnetka, CA

#115 Oct 9, 2012
Key retailing is crap in = crap out. Basic science.
Learn how to treat PEOPLE.
I think they forget about the people part.
unhappy merchandiser

Kokomo, IN

#116 Nov 6, 2012
I recently worked in a Kroger doing resets for an outside source. I had never done key retailing before and found it is be the most annul of all BS there could ever be. What customer cares about how each item is placed perfect on the shelf. They are only worried about finding the product and there being a sufficient supply for their consumption. Or for that matter what customer cares about the scan rate of the cashier being over 95%? I know that some want their purchases to be fast, since to some "time is money". But for the most part I personally want someone that is willing to smile and pass the time of day in a friendly manner, not a robot that is mindless and mechanical and that could not give a damn that you are even there.

This key retailing is just another way of the management to control the actions of the customer as well as the worker. But as we all know the role of big business is to make a profit, all the while screwing the worker.

Years ago we were schooled to believe that Russia was the enemy and that "big brother" was watching. In more recent times that role of big business has become big brother and they are constantly watching and trying to make us their automatons.
Observer

Spencer, WV

#117 Aug 20, 2013
unhappy merchandiser wrote:
I recently worked in a Kroger doing resets for an outside source. I had never done key retailing before and found it is be the most annul of all BS there could ever be. What customer cares about how each item is placed perfect on the shelf. They are only worried about finding the product and there being a sufficient supply for their consumption. Or for that matter what customer cares about the scan rate of the cashier being over 95%? I know that some want their purchases to be fast, since to some "time is money". But for the most part I personally want someone that is willing to smile and pass the time of day in a friendly manner, not a robot that is mindless and mechanical and that could not give a damn that you are even there.
This key retailing is just another way of the management to control the actions of the customer as well as the worker. But as we all know the role of big business is to make a profit, all the while screwing the worker.
Years ago we were schooled to believe that Russia was the enemy and that "big brother" was watching. In more recent times that role of big business has become big brother and they are constantly watching and trying to make us their automatons.
The leadership of this company has forgotten the value of workers at the store level. Success in retailing comes from the bottom but the parasites at the top expect recognition for acronyms, kpi's etc. The profits are placed into the hands of those who work and serve the public. Most likely this custom will continue with or without the benefit of masterful brainstorming and micromanagement by those who misinterpret unnecessary and redundant data.
seale

Durango, CO

#118 Oct 7, 2013
Deep dive program is more stupid than key retailing. Like memorizing numbers improve on customer service. All it does is piss off employees and waste elms hours. Doesn't improve customer service. Someone needed to justify their paycheck when they came up with that one.
Savannah Down

Lansing, MI

#119 Aug 16, 2014
Nothing wrong with key retailing, it is basically organization. The principle behind it is being able to put the Customer First in a real tangible way. At our store it has turned into politics, and is only adhered to with any real effort when company is coming, or there is going to be a check. Customer First has gone out the window, except for lip service. It saddens me because many managers and dept. heads do not get it, that it is really about the customer. We fail our grinding log, our dept. head sell tube grind that is 2 weeks out of date, and does not log it. Markdowns are not pullled by 9am. The dept. head puts some really ugly cuts of meat on the shelf, knowing it had been packed 65 days prior to cutting, and had been in our cooler for over a month. I am a believer in Key Retailing, and CAO, but they only work if all associates understand and believe they are in place to serve the customer, and not just a way to score points when a check is done. We have serious competition in our neck of the woods. Meijer and Wal Mart, and we are losing sales now. Is it a coincidence that putting bad meat on the shelf may have something to do with it? I am hopeful that the management at our store has an epiphany of sorts, and truly stops playing so much politics, and puts the Customer First. Our best bet is to follow Marnette Parry"s instruction about how to treat customers as shown in the Friendly, and Fresh video. You either really understand it is the Customer First or you don't. The rest is logistics, and we can do it if we truly put the Customer First.
Savannah Down

Lansing, MI

#120 Aug 16, 2014
Most store managers, and many dept. heads forget it says KROGER on the sign out front. Not Billy's, Mike's, Tom's, Frank's or Barb's. Kroger still has standards, and is in somewhat of a pickle because many of the young Turks coming up, just are not committed to the customer, but to the Telxon, and any bonus check they can squeeze out of Kroger. Losing sales should have an impact on that bonus check I would think. Customer First! Pure and simple.
An observer

United States

#121 Dec 12, 2014
Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't include those of us in the western part of the state......we are doing just fine.
While greatly abusing dedicated, long term employees.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kroger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kroger Facing Discrimination Lawsuit (Nov '08) Sat Gold Dust 94
Wage increase, automatic? Jun 22 Mrs johnson 4
News Kroger to sink millions into Columbus area, wit... May '16 Contrarian 1
News Kroger to offer online ordering service at Sand... May '16 Apollo13 1
News Perrysburg Kroger debuts online ordering May '16 Contrarian 1
Wal-Mart to acquire Kroger, Albertsons & Safeway (Nov '06) Mar '16 Lonnie marshall 11
Kroger in Terre Haute, Indiana Mar '16 sparkypeetie 1
More from around the web