Key INtheDOORasYOUwalkout

Keep onFAILing

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Jamie

Gainesville, GA

#1 Jun 25, 2009
The thing is they think key retailing will help but really trying to force all stores into one mold isn't really customer first like they keep forcing down our throats. What would be great was a program that gives us managers that actually work and didn't walk around eating on some power trip.
psx

United States

#2 Jul 24, 2009
everything about key retailing is pure idiocy..from cashiers having to make a certain ELMS score to the store's layout having to be a certain way.personally i think employees should get paid alot more an hour for the BS they have to put up with regarding key retailing.
Shawn

Center, TX

#3 Jul 27, 2009
Key retailing is something Kroger puts into practice into their stores to keep stores in sync with each other.
Cashiers SHOULD reach their ELMS score, it is a reasonable goal (95%)and will overall improve the customers checkout experience.
If you have an issue with your pay, you should contact your union rep, not blame it on key retailing.
ruffus rue

Louisville, KY

#5 Sep 3, 2009
how bout you all get a life and stop whining.
psx

Memphis, TN

#6 Sep 25, 2009
spoken like a manager or a coporate higher up or someone who has never worked retail before.
psx

Memphis, TN

#7 Sep 25, 2009
corporate higher up*
mil

United States

#8 Oct 6, 2009
Resistance is futile
Tara Scott

Pinckney, MI

#9 Nov 15, 2009
Key Retailing is a joke...and any corprate jerk who thinks otherwise is just trying to justify spending millions of dollars on a program that doesn't work! NEWS FLASH: EVERY STORE HAS DIFFERENT LAYOUTS AND DIFFERENT CIRCUMSTANCES....YOU CAN'T MAKE THEM ALL THE SAME AND YOU LOOSE THE EMPLOYEES CONFIDIENCE AND COMMITMENT! Furthermore, whoever thought of the fucking PPT should be shot, and the ELMS bugeted hours are a joke. The poor Drug/gm department is ALWAYS given the short end of the stick. Krogers will ultimately fail if it continues to use many of the pointless practices....just like 3M almost did 'till they gave a simular program like Key retailing a kick in the ass! You people are morons and out of touch of floor conditions if you think it works at all!
Chris Scott

Pinckney, MI

#10 Nov 15, 2009
Our department opperated 20 hours under budget and had a 30% sales increase....and yet I got written up for not doing the PPT that told me to cut 1 pot roast for a B1G1 pot roast sale....well, f*** you too...I will do your f****** PPT to the T....then when your sales drop b/c there is nothing in the case....don't come asking me why b/c I'll tell you that I was to busy doing your PPT! Have a nice day you moron coorprate f****....take your key retailing and shove up your a**....Kroger 681, Hillsdale, MI.
Chris Scott

Pinckney, MI

#11 Nov 15, 2009
one more thing...The PPT stands for "Piss Poor Tool"
Ryan

Flint, MI

#12 Nov 24, 2009
Key Retailing has an effective goal- streamlining stores, thereby increasing consistency and efficiency.

Where it runs into problems is in the execution of the thing. The biggest issues I run into with it:

- A failure to take into account the impact of micro markets. It always has been the case that customers are detail oriented. It is those little things that stick with them, and my store has lost a meaninful amount due to condensing and reducing product lines. Even something as simple as anchovie paste can let a $200 a week customer walk out the door.

- Too much micromanagement. Key Retailing often behaves like an artificial beaurocracy. It comes in, and lays down its law often in the face of common sense. One of the most telling incidents to me? Taping a square on to the receiving dock floor to let us know where to place pallets while they're being broken down. Nevermind that our stock room is small enough that said box is regularly covered by a mass of unloaded pallets. Nevermind that in order to break down a pallet on the box, the stock carts almost inevitably block off the walk way to the dumpster and/or one of the coolers. So, naturally, we ignore the box. Thus, we are literally outside the box.

Key Retailing is a hammer. Some problems are nails, and thus are solved by KR pretty effectively. Other problems are definitely not.
Ryan

Flint, MI

#13 Nov 24, 2009
And yes, the ELMS hours budget generates much gallows humor and amusement.
Get Real

United States

#14 Dec 3, 2009
Key retailing has been little more than just another megalomanic effort to attribute store level success to a monolithic pattern of micromanagement. The concept was not a product of great visionaries but more like a few middle management folks trying to get a little extra recognition (i.e. excessive compensation). We all know that a good orchestra has talents regardless of who conducts and a good football team usually promotes the career of a lucky coach.
Jeff

United States

#15 Dec 5, 2009
Look at what Key Retailing, $ 4 prescriptions , flu shots and a new computer system did to pharmacy profits.
RICK

United States

#16 Dec 5, 2009
THE NOSE KNOWS
Penny

United States

#17 Dec 6, 2009
Key Retailing ended up as a well oiled machine missing quite a few gears. Oops
OTD

United States

#18 Dec 8, 2009
Key Retailing has turned out to be the red headed stepchild of some corporate higher ups who are too bull headed to admit they were wrong or too ignorant to see how screwed up thing have become because of it. It seems that all they are concerned with is that i's are dotted and t's are crossed on the paper work. If there isn't any merchandise on the shelves well so be it!!! If that wasn't enough to ruin things they then rolled out an inferior computer system to pharmacy without properly training the staff. Inventories almost immediately became screwed up with out of stocks going through the roof!! Wait times skyrocketed and forget about trying to check out at the pharmacy register. The release to patient station at the cash register is a log jam all the time!! If you get just one issue at the register then you are completely f***ed!! Everything stops! Add the increased traffic of people wanting cheap $4 rx's and throw in a bunch of flu shots and it is a recipe for disaster. It was enough for me to go out the door for good. I don't miss that mess at all but wish the best for those poor souls still trying to hang in there.
JEFF

United States

#19 Dec 10, 2009
I can't see where Key Retailing has contributed anything but grief to pharmacy operations. This last quarter's performance could result in the need to reduce non-store jobs.
Dell

AOL

#20 Dec 13, 2009
Should be renamed "At Sea Retailing".....
JEFF

United States

#21 Dec 14, 2009
Dell wrote:
Should be renamed "At Sea Retailing".....
Ok, But I don't want any Coal in my stocking.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kroger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kroger Facing Discrimination Lawsuit (Nov '08) Jan 30 tita 98
Kroger Gift Card at the gasoline pump (Nov '11) Jan '17 Rainy 4
Question? Dec '16 asking 1
Krogerfeedback.com (Nov '15) Oct '16 johnq 4
gas pumps (Jul '16) Jul '16 Django2 1
News Altria Group: An Attractive Investment (Apr '14) Jul '16 Mugs mahone 2
Wage increase, automatic? (Jan '16) Jun '16 Mrs johnson 4
More from around the web