Flying fruit lid sparks $150,000 settlement offer to Michigan man

Full story: TwinCities.com

A man who says he was knocked unconscious when a lid exploded off a jar of fruit and hit him in the face was offered $150,000 to settle his lawsuit against a grocer and a fruit company.
Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Nov 18, 2010

nfk

Since: Nov 10

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Nov 18, 2010
Alexander's thought pattern: "Hmmm...I think I'll heat up this jar of fruit, and whack it with something. Nothing I learned in science class would ever lead me to believe this could be dangerous. The only thing school taught me was that I can blame anyone and everyone for my own stupidity, and get paid for it."
Lawyers Are Scum

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Nov 18, 2010
Oh for God sakes! I hope this idiot loses his lawsuit and I pray the lawyer took it on a contingency basis. Even though the lid shouldn't have exploded off the jar like that, he was offered $150,000.00 and should be content with that amount. The article states he wore an eye patch for several weeks but doesn't explain what supposed "permanent damage" his lawyer is talking about. I also don't believe he was knocked unconscious when the lid hit him in the eye. If the blow was that severe, I would think he'd have lost the eye completely. More evidence of greedy scum-bag lawyers convincing clients to go for the brass ring so they can get a lion's share!
Wow

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Nov 18, 2010
I think Mr. Alexander is a "flying fruit lid".

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kroger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kroger Facing Discrimination Lawsuit (Nov '08) Aug 19 Star On 47 90
Moms Demand Action Calls On Kroger Family Of St... Aug 19 Bubbletoes 3
What should Key Retailing be renamed (Jun '09) Aug 16 Savannah Down 116
Rumor of Kroger Coming Back Aug 10 John schumacher 2
Food stamp arrivals drive midnight run on groce... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Elizabeth 20
Hour Trouble Apr '14 halfheartedworker 1
Altria Group: An Attractive Investment Apr '14 Chuckles 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Kroger People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••