State Senator Introduces Bill; Stop Food Deserts | Ohio News Network (ONN)

Full story: 10TV WBNS

At a vacant and boarded up grocery store, Natalie Pierce said that she use to shop at a Kroger store in her Bond Hill neighborhood of Cincinnati.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 26 of26
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Rabbit

Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2011

Just one more way those who work, support those who don't. A tax funded supermarket designed for free COTA pass carrying, food stamp lovers. WIC Approved will be the most used price sticker in the place.
BigAl

Sunbury, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2011

LEGALIZE IT wrote:
They are DRIVEN OUT of poor , aka BLACK neighborhoods BECAUSE OF BLACK VIOLENCE AND CRIME.
they would need much more than 10% of CAT to make up for the LOSSES DUE TO BLACK THIEVERY.
all the SHOPLIFTING, BOUNCED CHECKS, STOLEN GOODS RETURNED FOR REFUNDS.
BLACKS HAVE EARNED FOOD DESERTS with their CRIMINAL BEHAVIOR
Look at Brice Road. Every store (Target, Babies-R-Us, etc...) packed up and left because of this exact same thing. How do I know? Because I was the store manager at one of these retail establishments. And guess what? I'm black! If we didn't relocate, we would've never survived. I don't agree with the tone of this posting but I do agree that we, as a race are doing this to ourselves.
Homer

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2011

one more thought wrote:
Before anyone jumps on me about the "Dante and LaWanda" comment, I could just as easily insert "Cletus and SueEllen".
Next time just say "Cletus & LaWanda" or "Dante & SuEllen". That way you can offend two groups in one post.
More to the picture

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2011

Big box stores leave areas to follow the money. In-store crime is only a relatively small part of the issue and should not be overstated.

A large store must earn so much per square foot to stay in business. To do so, they must locate within a service area that contains enough customers with sufficient salaries to support the operation.

Crime and other problems cause working people to relocate, and the stores simply follow the money. It's the people who move first, not the stores.
2 cents

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2011

BigAl wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at Brice Road. Every store (Target, Babies-R-Us, etc...) packed up and left because of this exact same thing. How do I know? Because I was the store manager at one of these retail establishments. And guess what? I'm black! If we didn't relocate, we would've never survived. I don't agree with the tone of this posting but I do agree that we, as a race are doing this to ourselves.
Strip away the color Al. It happens in other parts of town mostly poor areas. It's not about color it's about self respect and many people lack that these days. Mix that with an "I'm owed attitude" and that is when the blight sets in!
stateworker2

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2011

LEGALIZE IT wrote:
They are DRIVEN OUT of poor , aka BLACK neighborhoods BECAUSE OF BLACK VIOLENCE AND CRIME.
they would need much more than 10% of CAT to make up for the LOSSES DUE TO BLACK THIEVERY.
all the SHOPLIFTING, BOUNCED CHECKS, STOLEN GOODS RETURNED FOR REFUNDS.
BLACKS HAVE EARNED FOOD DESERTS with their CRIMINAL BEHAVIOR
Obviously you are living in a box somewhere if you think only black neighborhoods have criminal behavior. I would hope that people would just give an intelligent response and not cover your racism with such an ignorant and uneducated view. Just Sad! This is the type racism that I pray my children and grandchildren will never have to be subjected too.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 26 of26
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Kroger Discussions

Search the Kroger Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Kroger Facing Discrimination Lawsuit (Nov '08) Jun 29 Beanie Shoemaker 87
Food stamp arrivals drive midnight run on groce... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Elizabeth 20
Hour Trouble Apr '14 halfheartedworker 1
Altria Group: An Attractive Investment Apr '14 Chuckles 1
What should Key Retailing be renamed (Jun '09) Oct '13 seale 114
Ralphs to offer $4 generic drugs 6:52AM ET (Jun '08) Aug '13 Jaeden 2
As theft rises, stores step up anti-crime efforts (Jun '09) Aug '13 sweettalkinguy 6
•••
•••