Kroger Says no to Veterans

Kroger Says no to Veterans

Posted in the Kroger Forum

Hungry Veteran

Marion, OH

#1 May 24, 2011
The Kroger store in Marysville, Ohio (Don't know about others) quit accepting vouchers from the Union County Veterans Service Office. This started in 2010. The Mgr's at Marysville Kroger said it was a corporate decision and they were losing money because of this. These vouchers are for $145.00. When I was shopping at Kroger with it, my wife and I could get enough food to last almost an entire month. Now we are limited to IGA stores and do good to get enough to last 2 weeks. During a phone conversation with Allison from the Kroger corporate office she said that all she could say was they were no longer accepting the vouchers and she would relay my concerns to the people in charge. Is Kroger making so much money that they can afford to lose money. I can only hope that the VSO can soon get with Wal-Mart or work something else out. I don't use these vouchers very often but it would be nice to know that if I have to I will be able to get enough to last for awhile. As for Kroger, I think they should take another look at their policy. In the meantime I think I will be shopping Walmart or going to Dublin for Giant Eagle or Meijer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kroger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kroger Facing Discrimination Lawsuit (Nov '08) Aug 27 Stephanie 92
Bakery clerk Jul '15 Angela Maria Morr... 1
News OUR Walmart Demands Chain Pay $15/Hr., While UF... (Nov '14) May '15 Dude 6
Poll What should Key Retailing be renamed (Jun '09) Dec '14 An observer 117
News Moms Demand Action Calls On Kroger Family Of St... (Aug '14) Dec '14 Independent1 56
Free coupons (Nov '14) Nov '14 angie Young 1
Rumor of Kroger Coming Back (Aug '14) Sep '14 LordHDR1 3
More from around the web