In price dispute, Costco won't restock Coca-Cola

Full story: San Gabriel Valley Tribune

Costco customers may have to look elsewhere for Coca-Cola products now that the retailer has stopped carrying them because the pair are fighting over prices.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of46
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
read

San Bernardino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

pepsi
They both suck

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

I've worked for both companies and they both treat their employees like crap!

Shasta! RC Cola!!
Recovering Coke Addict

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

I really, really, really like Coke. Ain't nothing like the real thing. But I'm getting sick of paying high prices for their product because they want to pay for expensive Superbull ads. If Costco doesn't carry Coke, I'll buy whatever Costco sells.
Greedy Rats

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

With enough bourbon, you can't tell the difference between Coke/Pepsi & Shasta! So, no worries for me.
Recovering Coke Addict

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Greedy Rats wrote:
With enough bourbon, you can't tell the difference between Coke/Pepsi & Shasta! So, no worries for me.
That's funny, I used to buy expensive soda to hide the taste of cheap liquor. Maybe I should try your approach instead.
Alfonso

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Cosco is only trying to help the consumer, whatever you sell COSCO we the consumer will buy. thanks for thinking about us.
Edgar

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

What does COKE do to a battery? We don't want that in our systems.
John Belushi

Apple Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Pepsi, no Coke!
Speed Kills

Azusa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

NO Coke! Pepsi Pepsi Pepsi! NOTE: You might be a redneck if... Your satellite dish payment delays buying school clothes for the kids.
Skeets

Monterey Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Looks like Costco is going to face some challenges to their low prices. Companies like Smart and Final are picking up their business due less lines and faster service.
omg

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Alfonso wrote:
Cosco is only trying to help the consumer, whatever you sell COSCO we the consumer will buy. thanks for thinking about us.
Cosco like other companies want to help themselves,it's a business and they want a profit!
WHITTIER TAX PAYER

La Mirada, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Costco doesn't have their customer's best interest at heart, Costco only cares about customer's switching to it's own knock off brand Kirkland. Don't be fooled, Costco doesn't really lower their prices by much on this inferior Kirkland product either by the way. Sometimes the price will be lower for a few months before Costco raises the price to the level of the named-brand counterpart that they no longer carry. You think you'll miss Coke being sold at Costco, wait until they remove Pepsi and replace it with their own Kirkland-Cola.

Given enough time, Costco will eventually replace every item they sell with their own knock off product Kirkland.
norespect

La Crescenta, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

what about the Mexican Coke Costco had been stocking on the shelves???
You know- the one made with Cane Sugar and packed in glass bottles-- and tastes SOOOOOOO much better than the US coke in a can....

Mexican Coke- Pure Cane Sugar
US coke- Corn syrup
JustMe

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

I had to give up all cola/carbonated soft drinks the summer of 2003 as I was starting to have GERD (aka acid reflux), and have not tasted a Coke, Pepsi, RC, whatever, since that time. I used to have at least 2 cans of Diet Coke a day, 7 days a week, and basically had to quit because it was rotting my stomach! Not only is the sugar/high fructose corn syrup not healthy for people, but the carbonation and sodium are not healthy as well! People, wake up! Milk and green tea are the way to go!
Mother of Three

Garden Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

What the heck am I going to do now when I need the acid cleaned off my car battery?
Jack Maehoffer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

omg wrote:
<quoted text>Cosco like other companies want to help themselves,it's a business and they want a profit!
If that were the case, Costco would not be complaining about higher prices, they would simply charge their consumers the extra coin.

Kudos to Costco for keeping their consumers in mind. Meanwhile, Coca-Cola is too busy focusing on returns for their stock investors to even think about their consumers.
Bazooka MOE

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Mountain Dew...
Coke Fan

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Jack Maehoffer wrote:
<quoted text>
If that were the case, Costco would not be complaining about higher prices, they would simply charge their consumers the extra coin.
Kudos to Costco for keeping their consumers in mind. Meanwhile, Coca-Cola is too busy focusing on returns for their stock investors to even think about their consumers.
This was not about Costco keeping their consumers in mind. This was Costco wanting pricing that would give them an edge over other retailers.
Law Abiding Citizen

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Yeah, Coke fan. Jack must work for, or have a family member who works for, Costco. He can't really be that naive.
norespect

La Crescenta, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Isnt walmart known for refusing to carry companies marchandise if they dont concede to their demands?

I remember Rubbermaid being forced into bankruptcy- when walmart stopped carrying their stuff..saw a story on TV...

the new rubbermaid is now carried in store..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of46
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••