Jack Conway in bed with the Nursing Home industry while Kentucky's elderly suffer - The Rural Demo.

Apr 25, 2010 Full story: theruraldemocrat.typepad.com 11

This is one of those stories that makes my stomach turn. Our Attorney General, Jack Conway, appears to be a hired shill for the nursing home industry.

Full Story
ooops

Corbin, KY

#1 Apr 27, 2010
I guess he's caught
fonzy

Corbin, KY

#2 Apr 27, 2010
The end of Conway!!
Trooper

Corbin, KY

#3 Apr 27, 2010
Wonder if Conway will disclose all this himself? I bet not!
concerned

Owensboro, KY

#4 Jan 8, 2011
There are several inaccuracies in the attached article related to Kindred and the nursing home industry. I work at a wonderful 5 star Kindred home in Kentucky and know of 2 other 5 star KY homes Kindred has; less than 10% of all Kindred homes are 1 star, which is comparable to national averages for all nursing home companies. Also, any person with Adult Protective Services will tell you that 70% of all allegations of abuse happen in the community, not nursing homes. Many people are referred to nursing homes after abuse is found in their home. Of the accusations of abuse made in nursing homes, the majority are unsubstantiated by the Office of Inspector General. The majority of elder abuse happens in the community by friends and family of the abused; going to a nursing home is often the best option for many elderly and disabled. Most nursing homes are full of very caring staff that work there because they feel a calling to take care of the elderly and disabled, and the constant attack of small groups against the nursing home industry for the benefit of a few law firms profitting from nursing home litigation is sickening. The concern the nursing home industry had initially with the Medicare 5 star online rating rollout was that during their rush to make the data public, there were massive innacuracies in Medicare's nursing home data, and we felt it should be corrected by Medicare before it went live on the internet. Thats all. Despite our lobbying for Medicare to allow health care providers more time to review the data to ensure accuracy, they quickly published the data anyway and told nursing homes "if we put the wrong number of stars it will be up to you to correct it" (like a credit report) but that process can take a long time to get this done.
Scarecrow

Louisville, KY

#5 Jan 8, 2011
Concerned is another corporate shill for the nursing homes. I worked for Kindred corporate headquarters for five weeks as a contractor. I was getting some coffee and two of the executives walked up. I overheard one saying it is a shame the old people die before we get all their money.
Pig Benis

Louisville, KY

#6 Jan 8, 2011
Scarecrow wrote:
Concerned is another corporate shill for the nursing homes. I worked for Kindred corporate headquarters for five weeks as a contractor. I was getting some coffee and two of the executives walked up. I overheard one saying it is a shame the old people die before we get all their money.

Tell the rest of the story, how much did he offer you for a date. I know you were caught in a Motel 69 with that one executive and you got fired. Now you want to start this sh!t lie over a gay date gone bad.
Trooper

Louisville, KY

#7 Jan 9, 2011
Keep on talking that trash and I will have both of you gay sucker in the same cell as Conway, only I will leave your cuffs on and let Jack smoke you over. You do know Jack's brother been having a little smoke problem.
funny pigs

Frankfort, KY

#8 Mar 31, 2011
lmao awwww did the wittle pig get his feelings hurt??
insider

Mansfield, OH

#9 Jul 22, 2011
can tell you that the kindred in kentucky are dangerous.If someone has medicare then they do everything to keep them many25 days. most of the people that work there have good intentions but are set up to fail. kindred isn't "patient-first"...it 's profit first. they are a for-profit company. nurses have 5,6,7 complicated patients. they hire nurses with only nursing home experience and cna's that are lazy and bitter. forget about patients ever being showered or gotten out of bed regularly. infection rates are high because of bad nursing practices. the good clinicians are forced to carry the lazy, incompetent. staff behaves unprofessionally. avoid kindred at all costs.
who the hellu think u r

Frankfort, KY

#10 Jul 23, 2011
Trooper wrote:
Keep on talking that trash and I will have both of you gay sucker in the same cell as Conway, only I will leave your cuffs on and let Jack smoke you over. You do know Jack's brother been having a little smoke problem.
Ok first of all this is a FREEDOM OF SPEACH website. If U think u can put me in a cell id love to see u Fu****try it is all im tellin ya, Just cause u wear a badge Im suppost to be affraid of u?? LMAO your badge means JACK SHIT to me So stick that in ya conficated pipe and smoke it PIG!!!
The ConsWay

Louisville, KY

#11 Jul 23, 2011
That there was funny rite there, dont care who you are. Funniest stuff I ever herd of.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kindred Healthcare Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Louisville leads the way in aging care innovation (Nov '12) Nov '12 Rescare direct ca... 1
Texas hospital worker told she can't ... (May '09) Jun '09 blondie 79
More from around the web