Texas hospital worker told she can&#x...

Texas hospital worker told she can't hang an American flag in her office

There are 79 comments on the Free Republic story from May 27, 2009, titled Texas hospital worker told she can't hang an American flag in her office. In it, Free Republic reports that:

Is it okay to show your patriotism at the office? For one Arlington woman, the answer was "no" after she hung an American flag in her office just before the Memorial Day weekend.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

America is in the Toilet

United States

#21 Jun 3, 2009
Richard wrote:
I will not debate the views that you hold but of you want to go to college there are ways. I was fortunate that my employer had paid all my tution for my Bachelors Degree and iam now working on my masters. My books were my own and books as anyone knows are quite exspensive. These so called crummy scholarships that u mentioned have allowed me not to put out a single dime on them. My daughter who will be entering college in just a few yrs has accumlated what is called keys money for her schooling and we have searched data bases and she is eligible for up to $7,500.00 per year right now in these crummy scholarships. She might have to spend 2 yrs at a community college before she goes on to a 4 yr school but she will get her education. Also in Louisville Ky workers at UPS are given free tution at the UNiversity of Louisville and other colleges along with a job and they work around your schedule. I dont know about your situation but for me, my daughter and others i know it isnt that hard to go fro reduced or even free. Of course there are no Harvards, or Mits or things like that here but there is excellent oppotunity
Either I am not making my point or you are not getting it. I am bitter (yes bitter) about the fact that as white people we have to scrounge around and get these little crapola scholarships to second and third rate colleges or pay full boat at the big ones. Omama and his ugly wife went FREE (That's F R E E) to Columbia, Princeton, Harvard...get the difference? NOT to some "community college" or third rate state school. That is racism. Pure and simple. Those people are GIVEN free educations at big universities... What's really sad about it is that you don't get it...you are (apparently) grateful for some little crummy "scholarship" to some little crummy school. Meanwhile, your hard-earned tax money is putting other people through good colleges because they are black. It's disgusting. And what really angers me is that qualified, deserving white students are denied admission so that unqualified black students can enroll. Is that fair?
America is in the Toilet

United States

#22 Jun 3, 2009
SpeedRACER wrote:
I don't get why you're so mad. There are plenty of scholarship programs out there that pay for your education; some pay a little, some alot-you just have to do your research. I went to college on a sports scholarship (track) and it was completely free, but no one told my parents about it; they found out about it through someone else and then researched it.
One more thing, given how blacks are always on tv for breaking the law, why is the subject of them going to college a BAD thing to you? No offense, but I'd rather be surrounded by educated blacks than a bunch of stupid thugs.
<quoted text>
I am not mad. I am depressed,disgusted, and enraged. And, no offense, but I bet the school you got your track scholarship to was NOT Harvard, Princeton, or Columbia. And that is the point...you got a TRACK scholarship...a reward for doing well in sports. These dumb,lazy blacks get to go F R E E...the reason?...they are BLACK. They don't even have to meet the same entrance requirements whites do. And where do you think the money to pay that expensive tuition comes from?...the federal government. And where does the federal government get that money?...out of my paycheck (and yours too.) Is that fair? And as far as that "surrounded by blacks" business...Frankly, I can't think of anything worse than being surrounded by blacks of any kind...
America is in the Toilet

United States

#23 Jun 3, 2009
BlkButtrfly wrote:
Toilet, I won't admit anything that isn't true, so you might as well give up. If you want to believe the Obama's hate white people, go ahead. I'll still sleep soundly tonight and I guarantee you they will, too! The only thing the Obama's, and other rational people have no use for are ignorant, bitter people like you. Richard told the truth when he said that there's a scholarship or grant for EVERYONE. Apparently everybody knows this but you. If you showed more tenacity toward your children's education and less attention to what black kids with 81 percent averages where doing, you may have found a scholarship for your child and saved yourself some money. Hell, you could have had your kids apply to a first rate, historically BLACK college and they would have been eligible to receive a full ride on a minority scholarship. That's what my white friend did for her son, and now he's in medical school! Instead you let racism be a distraction, screwing you and your son out of a free education. Now what did we learn???
You only have yourself to blame for what ever hardships you've encountered, but I realize it's easier for you to blame minorities, and fictitious black students on the shape of our country. Whatever. You just want to be hateful and bitter, but guess what...life is beautiful for the rest of us! Crawl under your rock, or better yet, schlep back into your cave already!! <quoted text>
Omama has kept his mouth shut about how he feels about whites...but from time to time his true feelings have slipped out. And his wife has been open about it...remember her "whitey" speech she made standing next to Farrakhan...or have you conveniently forgotten about that? But I don't care one bit that they don't like whites...matters not. My son went through a first clas university...big name one...on my checkbook...went through law school and is a successful attorney. So don't worry about him. And thanks for the clue, but I don't think he would have fit in at all at a "first rate" black school... by the way...where is one of those? I don't believe I have ever heard of one. And if you want to pretend that no unfairness or discrimination exists toward white people in higher education...go right ahead. Be an ostrich. And I guess you have never heard of qualified white students being denied admission to universities, law schools, med schools because of the "quota" the federal government made the universities meet in admitting a specific number of blacks...I wonder..do you consider that fair?
White people are the only ethnic group that can be discriminated against legally.
blondie

Brandenburg, KY

#24 Jun 3, 2009
America is in the Toilet wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not mad. I am depressed,disgusted, and enraged. And, no offense, but I bet the school you got your track scholarship to was NOT Harvard, Princeton, or Columbia. And that is the point...you got a TRACK scholarship...a reward for doing well in sports. These dumb,lazy blacks get to go F R E E...the reason?...they are BLACK. They don't even have to meet the same entrance requirements whites do. And where do you think the money to pay that expensive tuition comes from?...the federal government. And where does the federal government get that money?...out of my paycheck (and yours too.) Is that fair? And as far as that "surrounded by blacks" business...Frankly, I can't think of anything worse than being surrounded by blacks of any kind...
That last sentence is just down right wrong, not to mention cold. Why do you put all black people in one group? They are no different than white people. There are good black and white people, and there is bad white and black people.
America is in the Toilet

United States

#25 Jun 3, 2009
blondie wrote:
<quoted text>That last sentence is just down right wrong, not to mention cold. Why do you put all black people in one group? They are no different than white people. There are good black and white people, and there is bad white and black people.
Apparently I have not had an opportunity to meet one of those nice black people. The ones I come into contact with are rude, have a chip on their shoulder, obviously detest me (not that I care), mumble (but that's ok too because I don't care what they are saying), and present the attitude that everybody owes them something. I will be kind here and say simple that their grooming and hygiene need a little work as well.... Other than that they are probably fine.. I actually don't think I have said more than four or five words to a black person in 10 or 12 years at least. For some reason, they just don't seem to like me.
And since my kids went to predominantly white private schools, their friends were also whites.
blondie

Brandenburg, KY

#26 Jun 3, 2009
America is in the Toilet wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently I have not had an opportunity to meet one of those nice black people. The ones I come into contact with are rude, have a chip on their shoulder, obviously detest me (not that I care), mumble (but that's ok too because I don't care what they are saying), and present the attitude that everybody owes them something. I will be kind here and say simple that their grooming and hygiene need a little work as well.... Other than that they are probably fine.. I actually don't think I have said more than four or five words to a black person in 10 or 12 years at least. For some reason, they just don't seem to like me.
And since my kids went to predominantly white private schools, their friends were also whites.
I don't understand how you can so harshly judge a whole race when you have so little contact with people of that race. I have came into contac with many, many white people who have been the same as you have just described.
Blk Buttrfly

Louisville, KY

#27 Jun 4, 2009
America is in the Toilet wrote:
<quoted text>
...white students being denied admission to universities, law schools, med schools because of the "quota" the federal government made the universities meet in admitting a specific number of blacks....
You never answered my question: Why are you so mad at minorities when its your white government officials who are causing you so much "depression, gief and bitterness"??

Toilet, you're directing your frustrations towards the wrong individuals as usual.
Blk Buttrfly

Louisville, KY

#28 Jun 4, 2009
blondie wrote:
<quoted text>I don't understand how you can so harshly judge a whole race when you have so little contact with people of that race. I have came into contac with many, many white people who have been the same as you have just described.
Because he's racist, plain and simple. Thankfully, rational people outnumber narrow-minded crazies, like our guy Toilet- the one who admits he doesn't have much contact with blacks, but still uses his inexperience to judge? Yeah, that's rational thinking. LOL

“Don't Start Nothing ”

Since: Sep 07

It won't be nothing

#29 Jun 4, 2009
Blk Buttrfly wrote:
<quoted text>
Because he's racist, plain and simple. Thankfully, rational people outnumber narrow-minded crazies, like our guy Toilet- the one who admits he doesn't have much contact with blacks, but still uses his inexperience to judge? Yeah, that's rational thinking. LOL
You ladies are doing a banged up job containing the crazies. No need for the Phoenix here at all!! Have a nice day ladies!!
Blk Buttrfly

Louisville, KY

#30 Jun 4, 2009
Oh we need all the help we can get! LOL
America is in the Toilet

Rockwall, TX

#31 Jun 4, 2009
Blk Buttrfly wrote:
<quoted text>
You never answered my question: Why are you so mad at minorities when its your white government officials who are causing you so much "depression, gief and bitterness"??
Toilet, you're directing your frustrations towards the wrong individuals as usual.
Here is your answer: I am angry at the white government officials. Yes. Angry as I can be. What makes me so much madder is that the blacks play right into their hands. The rich white elite maintains power by promising blacks the world. The rich elite say, "Vote for us and we will take money from the middle class and give it to you." So the blacks vote for them, they stay in power, and the circle is unbroken. What angers me is that the blacks will not (or cannot) see this cycle. Now, the rich white elites have made a real smart move. They have come up with a nice black puppet (guess what his name is) who will do exactly what they tell him and have thus absolutely insured themselves of the black vote.
Meanwhile, who gets in right in the kisser...me and other middle-class tax payers. I am not mad at the minorities. I am engraged at the system and have no respect for people who cannot see how they are being used. Also, face it, there is much more hatred by blacks against whites than there is by whites against blacks. Most white people just don't care one way or another as long as the blacks leave them alone. But blacks, on the other hand, go out of their way to get in white people's faces...join their clubs...get into their neighborhoods, just generally make pests of themselves. I don't like to be around black people because (guess what) I don't like to be around people who hate me.
America is in the Toilet

Rockwall, TX

#32 Jun 4, 2009
blondie wrote:
<quoted text>I don't understand how you can so harshly judge a whole race when you have so little contact with people of that race. I have came into contac with many, many white people who have been the same as you have just described.
Put a sock in it "Blondie." You don't know what you are talking about. And you are stupid.
Chylloh

Clarksville, TN

#33 Jun 4, 2009
"America is in the Toilet"

These people group and regroup to discredit the truth when a white (those mean old whities taking up for themselves against bigotry, how dare them) person defends themselves.

See "Scholarships to raise Minority Hiring" on the Louisville forum topix.

Hahahahahhhaahahahahah

This is so funny, Phoenix says the same racist crap to me.

Then Phoenix will also post under different poster names.

Oh my goodness, this is about as funny as a site which Phoenix accidently came upon out of all the cyber space which he definitely states he had nothing to do with which characterizes my post name as racist.

Hahahahahahahahaha

Blondie also, if this a Blondie and not one of Phoenix alteregos, that she agrees with me totally. You know, the game thing, lets see how far I can mislead them.

These posters are very racist against whites. Very, make no doubt about this.

You were just posting the truth and they do not want to hear it.

The grants are given to minorities first and if there should be a smidgen left, maybe to a white, just maybe.

This is what was told to my grandson. Who went on to pay for his own college and has landed a job as architectual artist for buildings. He is very talented. Thank GOD because he sure would not have made it on color of skin and lack of knowledge.

Oh, he also made straight As. Thank you goes to GOD.

I can not stop laughing at the ganging up on posters. So funny.

They want you to shut up or else they will contact NAACP and AA.

My advice. Speak your mind.
blondie

Brandenburg, KY

#34 Jun 4, 2009
Chylloh wrote:
"America is in the Toilet"
These people group and regroup to discredit the truth when a white (those mean old whities taking up for themselves against bigotry, how dare them) person defends themselves.
See "Scholarships to raise Minority Hiring" on the Louisville forum topix.
Hahahahahhhaahahahahah
This is so funny, Phoenix says the same racist crap to me.
Then Phoenix will also post under different poster names.
Oh my goodness, this is about as funny as a site which Phoenix accidently came upon out of all the cyber space which he definitely states he had nothing to do with which characterizes my post name as racist.
Hahahahahahahahaha
Blondie also, if this a Blondie and not one of Phoenix alteregos, that she agrees with me totally. You know, the game thing, lets see how far I can mislead them.
These posters are very racist against whites. Very, make no doubt about this.
You were just posting the truth and they do not want to hear it.
The grants are given to minorities first and if there should be a smidgen left, maybe to a white, just maybe.
This is what was told to my grandson. Who went on to pay for his own college and has landed a job as architectual artist for buildings. He is very talented. Thank GOD because he sure would not have made it on color of skin and lack of knowledge.
Oh, he also made straight As. Thank you goes to GOD.
I can not stop laughing at the ganging up on posters. So funny.
They want you to shut up or else they will contact NAACP and AA.
My advice. Speak your mind.
I clicked your post on accident on another thread. It was another post I agreed with. Sorry to mislead you. It was not my intentions. An honest mistake only.
Richard

Evansville, IN

#35 Jun 4, 2009
America is in the Toilet wrote:
<quoted text>
Either I am not making my point or you are not getting it. I am bitter (yes bitter) about the fact that as white people we have to scrounge around and get these little crapola scholarships to second and third rate colleges or pay full boat at the big ones. Omama and his ugly wife went FREE (That's F R E E) to Columbia, Princeton, Harvard...get the difference? NOT to some "community college" or third rate state school. That is racism. Pure and simple. Those people are GIVEN free educations at big universities... What's really sad about it is that you don't get it...you are (apparently) grateful for some little crummy "scholarship" to some little crummy school. Meanwhile, your hard-earned tax money is putting other people through good colleges because they are black. It's disgusting. And what really angers me is that qualified, deserving white students are denied admission so that unqualified black students can enroll. Is that fair?
Well i dont know about fair or what. really i dont care. These so called crap scholaships to crap schools that i have went to have helped me double my crap salary and be promoted in my crap company since i went there. And i assure you that the 4 years i put into my bachelors degree and the next 18 months i will put into my Masters as i work will not be crap work nor will it be a crap acheivement. And i will tell u this. These peopel who went to higher school so flearning(Harvard, Princeton of which u seem to think are the only wworthwhile schools) have nothing on me in education, pride, and total self determination. I started school at 37 years old working 50+ hours a week as i raised my child along with a great wife. If u want somethign your color, background, or a lil bit of money will stand in the way. Now i will tell u this. I dont thing u are a 100% right about all blacks goign to school for free. In fact i know u are wrong. I work with several blacks who went to school right along side me, but even of they do get to go to school free? so what. Education can only make everyone better and if u get to go for free more power to you. I did, so i hope everyone does.

“Don't Start Nothing ”

Since: Sep 07

It won't be nothing

#36 Jun 4, 2009
Chylloh wrote:
"America is in the Toilet"
These people group and regroup to discredit the truth when a white (those mean old whities taking up for themselves against bigotry, how dare them) person defends themselves.
See "Scholarships to raise Minority Hiring" on the Louisville forum topix.
Hahahahahhhaahahahahah
This is so funny, Phoenix says the same racist crap to me.
Then Phoenix will also post under different poster names.
Oh my goodness, this is about as funny as a site which Phoenix accidently came upon out of all the cyber space which he definitely states he had nothing to do with which characterizes my post name as racist.
Hahahahahahahahaha
Blondie also, if this a Blondie and not one of Phoenix alteregos, that she agrees with me totally. You know, the game thing, lets see how far I can mislead them.
These posters are very racist against whites. Very, make no doubt about this.
You were just posting the truth and they do not want to hear it.
The grants are given to minorities first and if there should be a smidgen left, maybe to a white, just maybe.
This is what was told to my grandson. Who went on to pay for his own college and has landed a job as architectual artist for buildings. He is very talented. Thank GOD because he sure would not have made it on color of skin and lack of knowledge.
Oh, he also made straight As. Thank you goes to GOD.
I can not stop laughing at the ganging up on posters. So funny.
They want you to shut up or else they will contact NAACP and AA.
My advice. Speak your mind.
All I got to say is on this site!!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...

“Don't Start Nothing ”

Since: Sep 07

It won't be nothing

#37 Jun 4, 2009
Richard wrote:
<quoted text>Well i dont know about fair or what. really i dont care. These so called crap scholaships to crap schools that i have went to have helped me double my crap salary and be promoted in my crap company since i went there. And i assure you that the 4 years i put into my bachelors degree and the next 18 months i will put into my Masters as i work will not be crap work nor will it be a crap acheivement. And i will tell u this. These peopel who went to higher school so flearning(Harvard, Princeton of which u seem to think are the only wworthwhile schools) have nothing on me in education, pride, and total self determination. I started school at 37 years old working 50+ hours a week as i raised my child along with a great wife. If u want somethign your color, background, or a lil bit of money will stand in the way. Now i will tell u this. I dont thing u are a 100% right about all blacks goign to school for free. In fact i know u are wrong. I work with several blacks who went to school right along side me, but even of they do get to go to school free? so what. Education can only make everyone better and if u get to go for free more power to you. I did, so i hope everyone does.
Amen brother Richard Amen!!! Enough Said!!
blondie

Brandenburg, KY

#38 Jun 4, 2009
America is in the Toilet wrote:
<quoted text>
Put a sock in it "Blondie." You don't know what you are talking about. And you are stupid.
Let me get this straight. You call me stupid because, I am not simple or narrow minded and because, I don't judge millions of people having only spoke 4 or 5 words to one person from that race in the last 12 years. I have not been rude or obnoxious to you in any way or form, even when you have to me. Yet when I start to make a little sense you get scared and start name calling and then crawl back under that rock you have spoke of. You speak of facts and truth, when you wouldn't know either if they jumped up and hit you in the face. I, who have been out in the real world, know many black people that if you compared me to I would consider it a compliment. I know many white people that if you compared me to, we would throw down, and vise versa. I am sorry you spent so many of your hard earned dollars on your so called education. It was obviously wasted money. In conclusion, I have on last thing to say. Please take your narrow simple minded, uneducated, prejudiced lips and kiss my lily white behind! Nice talkin to ya!
America is in the Toilet

Arlington, TX

#39 Jun 4, 2009
Richard wrote:
<quoted text>Well i dont know about fair or what. really i dont care. These so called crap scholaships to crap schools that i have went to have helped me double my crap salary and be promoted in my crap company since i went there. And i assure you that the 4 years i put into my bachelors degree and the next 18 months i will put into my Masters as i work will not be crap work nor will it be a crap acheivement. And i will tell u this. These peopel who went to higher school so flearning(Harvard, Princeton of which u seem to think are the only wworthwhile schools) have nothing on me in education, pride, and total self determination. I started school at 37 years old working 50+ hours a week as i raised my child along with a great wife. If u want somethign your color, background, or a lil bit of money will stand in the way. Now i will tell u this. I dont thing u are a 100% right about all blacks goign to school for free. In fact i know u are wrong. I work with several blacks who went to school right along side me, but even of they do get to go to school free? so what. Education can only make everyone better and if u get to go for free more power to you. I did, so i hope everyone does.
I am very glad you got to attend whatever college you attended free. Otherwise -- judging from your language skills -- I would suggest you demand your money back. And thank you for your post...you prove my point completely.(Don't bother to respond; I can see how difficult it is for you.)
America is in the Toilet

Arlington, TX

#40 Jun 4, 2009
blondie wrote:
<quoted text>Let me get this straight. You call me stupid because, I am not simple or narrow minded and because, I don't judge millions of people having only spoke 4 or 5 words to one person from that race in the last 12 years. I have not been rude or obnoxious to you in any way or form, even when you have to me. Yet when I start to make a little sense you get scared and start name calling and then crawl back under that rock you have spoke of. You speak of facts and truth, when you wouldn't know either if they jumped up and hit you in the face. I, who have been out in the real world, know many black people that if you compared me to I would consider it a compliment. I know many white people that if you compared me to, we would throw down, and vise versa. I am sorry you spent so many of your hard earned dollars on your so called education. It was obviously wasted money. In conclusion, I have on last thing to say. Please take your narrow simple minded, uneducated, prejudiced lips and kiss my lily white behind! Nice talkin to ya!
It is frankly embarrassing to see an adult with such limited language ability. Maybe you and Richard should correspond with one another and discuss the quality of your educational backgrounds and your mutual enjoyment of working alongside blacks. I am not certain as to the point you are trying to make in the garble you posted, but I believe it is that I am uneducated and prejudiced and that you find it a compliment to be compared to blacks. Well, more power to you, and thanks for the offer but I believe I will hold off on the kiss.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kindred Healthcare Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Louisville leads the way in aging care innovation (Nov '12) Nov '12 Rescare direct ca... 1
News Jack Conway in bed with the Nursing Home indust... (Apr '10) Jul '11 The ConsWay 11
More from around the web