Google unveils Lively project

Google unveils Lively project

There are 4 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Jul 9, 2008, titled Google unveils Lively project. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

Google, known for its plain-Jane approach to Web design, has come up with something much wackier.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

“LeBron = Born-again Tribe Fan!”

Since: May 07

Tallmadge, Ohio

#1 Jul 10, 2008
I know there are many, many people who get excited about online text chatting.

To me, it is nothing more than a waste of time. Waste of time, and an avenue for child and sexual predators to connect with their victims. And it's being propagated by Second Life and Google.

I consider text chatting as one of the "missing links" in the history of communications. First there were gestures, then speech, then pictograms, then writing, then radio, and then TV.

Text chatting, and texting overall, is nothing more than a regressive infatuation with the missing link between writing and radio/TV. What's the next big thing? Perhaps a new universal language based upon pictograms??? Ugh!

Send me an email - fine. I'll get back to you at my convenience. But if you want an interactive experience, pick up the phone and call me. Don't waste my time in a texting session.

Seems like we're devolving here. Let's see something which moves us forward, rather than backward.

The emperor's new clothes never looked so good.
Phil Landers

Ravenna, OH

#2 Jul 10, 2008
Are we not men , we are DEVO.....
How Googlesque

Strongsville, OH

#3 Jul 10, 2008
Yet ANOTHER Google first:

Totally INTERACTIVE behavioural spyware.

Google: the so-called 'thinking man's'
AOL.
The Digital Feudal System

Strongsville, OH

#4 Jul 10, 2008
Google longs to have the ultimate feudal system envisioned by Plato,
a society run by a handful of supposedly intellectual giants
(megalomaniacs), who know what is best for everyone else
(their slaves). They want to run your life for you, because they think
they know what is best for you. The reality is, they want to run your
life so they can do what is best for them.

Google Digital-Feudal System: coming to a browser near you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Experts: Sex bias case will embolden women desp... (Mar '15) Mar '15 radiofreeamerica 7
News Silicon Valley gender bias suit puts spotlight ... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
News Former J.C. Penney CEO Ron Johnson launching a ... (Oct '14) Jan '15 Petunia54 6
News Venture capital deals (Jun '13) Jun '13 Will Gettling 1
News Mercury News interview: Greg Woock, co-founder/... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Tony 1
News Electric buses in Detroit? Not yet, but General... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Gm man 1
News Groupon may be about to go public | The Columbu... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Whatever 2
More from around the web