More red flags at Kingsway

More red flags at Kingsway

There are 3 comments on the Globe and Mail story from Nov 24, 2009, titled More red flags at Kingsway. In it, Globe and Mail reports that:

Blogs Tuesday, November 24, 2009 12:35 PM More red flags at Kingsway Andrew Willis R ed flags keep getting raised at insurer Kingsway Financial Services, which announced a potential sale of its Canadian subsidiary that raised more questions than it answered about the troubled parent company.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Globe and Mail.

harry

Newmarket, Canada

#1 Nov 28, 2009
I used to handle claims for Kingsway. I can tell you that the claims department is demoralized, it is staffed by people who just pay claims instead of properly adjusting them. There is a staffing problem since no one wants to go work for a company that is firing people all the time. THe company is not wage competitive so if they do hire anyone it's usually the dregs of the claims business or people with no experience. I also lost money on my shares.
Memory Lane

Las Vegas, NV

#2 Apr 1, 2010
Are they hiring ? What's going on with Kingsway?
harry

Toronto, Canada

#3 Apr 2, 2010
Kingsway General Insurance has been sold and has become part of Jevco Insurance, it is no longer part of KFS. I no longer work there but the class of insureds from Kingsway are now part of the Jevco portfolio as are the former Kingsway employees.I do not own anymore shares. I have spoken to some people at Jevco and they are more positive about their futres at Jevco. Hopefully that translates into proper claims handling

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsway Financial Services Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News State taking action against insurer (Nov '09) Apr '10 Willy Plett 3
News Hurricane insurer has a local owner a " again -... (Sep '09) Sep '09 swannie 3
More from around the web