After fatal Lowell crash, police call...

After fatal Lowell crash, police call for ban on texting behind...

There are 30 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Dec 18, 2009, titled After fatal Lowell crash, police call for ban on texting behind.... In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Police say it's a deadly problem that legislators need to stop now: serious crashes caused by people texting while driving.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jul 08

Lowell, MA

#23 Dec 19, 2009
Anyone who text's while they drive is an idiot anyway!
What

Lowell, MA

#24 Dec 19, 2009
It is sad that people are so stupid that they don't have the common sense to not text while driving and yet another law that won't be enforced will be created. We all ready have a law for doing anything behind the wheel besides driving...distracted driving....driving to endanger those are couple that come to mind.
What

Lowell, MA

#25 Dec 19, 2009
NewsJunkie wrote:
If they r not going to wear a seatbelt accordin 2 law What makes u think a law will stop them from drivin & textin ?
I don't wear a seat belt but I don't text when I drive. But my driving is not effected when I don't wear my seat belt. But if I were to text and drive I would not be only putting myself in danger but everyone else on the road. So Sorry but your statement is pointless. Not all of us who don't agree with the seat belt law and choose not to wear it are texting behind the wheel.
MomB

AOL

#26 Dec 20, 2009
Many of the posted comments feel that
changing the law will not make much
difference; people will still text while
driving. But, I think it will be a good law
if it stops even some of the recklessness
of texting and driving. I totally agree with
Captain Randall Humphrey's assessment of
the situation as stated in the Lowell Sun
newpaper article.
MAD

Lowell, MA

#27 Dec 20, 2009
I THINK THEY SHOULD BAN CELL PHONE USE WHILE DRIVING COMPLETELY I WORK AT AN INSURENCE CO IN CLAIMS AND YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE HOW MANY ACCIDENTS INVOLE CELL PHONES AND INNOCENT PEOPLE GETTING HURT OR KILLED BY THERE CARELESSNESS. THE REGISTRY AND SCHOOLS MAKE IT HARDER FOR THE YOUNG TO GET THEIR LINCESES AND I'M NOT SAYING IT'S JUST THE YOUNGER GENERATION CAUSING THESE ACCIDENTS BUT IF THEY DON'T WANT TO BAN PHONES WHILE DRIVING WHY DON'T THEY JUST LET THEM DO IT WHILE THERE TESTING THEM ON THE ROAD AND SEE IF IT'S SAFE THEN SEE WHAT HAPPENS SEEING THEY THINK THIS IS NOT A PROBLEM
make note

Nashua, NH

#28 Dec 20, 2009
Honk if you love Jesus,

Text while driving if you want to meet him
Speeders are Murderers

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#29 Dec 20, 2009
you dont get it wrote:
laws don't stop people from doing anything. If they did we wouldn't have so many murders, rapes and drunk drivers.
HAHAHA. Now that's really stupid. So you think murder should be legalized??? If we did that, we'd have a thousand times more murder than we do now. Murder laws do a lot of good though, of course, they don't stop all murders.
Speeders are Murderers

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#30 Dec 20, 2009
What wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't wear a seat belt but I don't text when I drive. But my driving is not effected when I don't wear my seat belt..
That's not true. Seat belts make you a better driver by keeping you in place. If you're unbelted and say hit an icy spot and start swerving, you will likely slide out of your seat and lose control of the steering wheel.
you dont get it

Lowell, MA

#31 Dec 20, 2009
Speeders are Murderers wrote:
HAHAHA. Now that's really stupid. So you think murder should be legalized??? If we did that, we'd have a thousand times more murder than we do now. Murder laws do a lot of good though, of course, they don't stop all murders.
You obviously didn't read my post. Try again. And also point out where I stated murder should be legalized because I'm positive I didn't write that. Nor is that what I insinuated
sick of punks

Hudson, MA

#32 Dec 21, 2009
We already have laws on the books to cover this, what about the part where you are supposed to be in control of you vehicle? Driving to endanger? How about passing a law that bans "Driving While Stupid" ? That should get half the drivers in this state off the road. Think of the fuel savings, the "Greenies" would like that!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kenneth Cole Productions Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Delta Dam, Rivers, Roads Flooding in Central Ne... (Apr '17) Apr '17 hesmadatthem 2
News Doctor, wife pay $1.7M to settle cancer drug bi... (Feb '17) Feb '17 PortnoyR 1
News Dow XLA Takes a Shot at Spandex (Sep '08) Mar '16 XLA 2
News Prison Guards Accused Of Beating Lebanon Inmate (Apr '09) Feb '16 Thelaywer 38
News Torrington Man's 'Bag Of Bones' Revives Cold Case (Sep '08) Feb '16 livelove 10
News NY Prison Guard Admits Providing Tools To Escap... (Jun '15) Jun '15 John 2
News New York high school drops 'Redskins' mascot (Mar '15) Mar '15 USSR 1
More from around the web