Ohio executions back on with 1-drug method

Nov 14, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Topeka Capital-Journal

Ohio's death chamber is set to resume executions next month using a single drug that has been used in the U.S. to euthanize pets but never to put condemned prisoners to death.

Comments
1 - 20 of 93 Comments Last updated Nov 21, 2009
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

Judged:

Who cares if the death penalty is painful.

Does it really matter?

How stupid of us to waste time and energy and money worrying about "painful or humane death".

What nonsense.

We are killing people.
If we decide to kill, who cares if it hurts?

The "ERROR" is not that the death is painful.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

Judged:

Put a bullet to the side of the head.
Instant.
No pain.

There - now we can feel better about how we kill.

All better now?
Ronaldo

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

Judged:

He looks like typical Obammie voter.
RJN

Redmond, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

Judged:

The sooner the better, get the killers out of our prisons, they are mean, sick people. They do not get better, or well, damaged forever. It takes way to long to get this done.

“Tea parties R 4 little girls.”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

Judged:

Ronaldo wrote:
He looks like typical Obammie voter.
Why? Because he walks upright?

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

Judged:

RJN wrote:
The sooner the better, get the killers out of our prisons, they are mean, sick people. They do not get better, or well, damaged forever. It takes way to long to get this done.
Which is a good argument against the death penalty. It also costs taxpayers more, and there's no evidence that it deters crime. Realistically, I can't say for sure that if it were my daughter that he raped and killed, that I wouldn't want the guy to be executed, but from an objective point of view, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of deterrence. In fact, states that do have the death penalty have higher murder rates. http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/deterrence-st...

Since: Oct 09

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

Judged:

Great job Ohio, let the executions begin. Personally I think everyone in prison should be executed no matter what their crime was.
Dead Man Whining

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

Judged:

Jim Trebowski wrote:
<quoted text>Which is a good argument against the death penalty. It also costs taxpayers more, and there's no evidence that it deters crime. Realistically, I can't say for sure that if it were my daughter that he raped and killed, that I wouldn't want the guy to be executed, but from an objective point of view, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of deterrence. In fact, states that do have the death penalty have higher murder rates. http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/deterrence-st...
But, these states have no repeat offenders!

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

Dead Man Whining wrote:
<quoted text>But, these states have no repeat offenders!
When you are looking at differnce of 40%, I think we need to be on the side of potential victims.

“Free money is a myth”

Since: Aug 08

Chattanooga, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

Judged:

Jim Trebowski wrote:
<quoted text>Which is a good argument against the death penalty. It also costs taxpayers more, and there's no evidence that it deters crime. Realistically, I can't say for sure that if it were my daughter that he raped and killed, that I wouldn't want the guy to be executed, but from an objective point of view, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of deterrence. In fact, states that do have the death penalty have higher murder rates. http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/deterrence-st...
I've always wondered about the'why it costs more to execute' thing.
Seems to me that a good military rifle sells for about $1000 bucks,it's good for at least a couple of thousand rounds,is quick and damm good at killing people.

As far as deterrence goes,these events should be televised,on every channel. Perhaps THAT would get the idea across,instead of a quick,neat sound bite on the 6 o'clock news...show the mess.

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

-yernogood wrote:
Great job Ohio, let the executions begin. Personally I think everyone in prison should be executed no matter what their crime was.
Your Afghan brothers miss you.

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

Or are you North Korean?

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

Judged:

Evilution wrote:
<quoted text>
I've always wondered about the'why it costs more to execute' thing.
Seems to me that a good military rifle sells for about $1000 bucks,it's good for at least a couple of thousand rounds,is quick and damm good at killing people.
As far as deterrence goes,these events should be televised,on every channel. Perhaps THAT would get the idea across,instead of a quick,neat sound bite on the 6 o'clock news...show the mess.
Sure, but one nipple slip during halftime, and you're on the phone complaining to the FCC.
If you want to go back to public executions, by all means, the Taliban will welcome you back, but don't force your archaic methods on advanced civilizations.
Obama 3

Merion Station, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

Judged:

Found guilty by a jury of peers, sentenced to die for a crime? Man Up and Let's get 'er done

“Free money is a myth”

Since: Aug 08

Chattanooga, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

Judged:

Jim Trebowski wrote:
<quoted text> Sure, but one nipple slip during halftime, and you're on the phone complaining to the FCC.
If you want to go back to public executions, by all means, the Taliban will welcome you back, but don't force your archaic methods on advanced civilizations.
If your civilization was so advanced,executions would not be needed at all.

As far as the nipple slip,BFD.

Such insults! Must be a Democrat.
lwo13863

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

Judged:

i dont believe a troubled state should be able to use death penalty and that there should certainly be more cooperation with civil rights and federal agencies

“Put the X Back in X-Mas.”

Since: Feb 08

Norman, Oklahoma

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

Judged:

Evilution wrote:
<quoted text>
If your civilization was so advanced,executions would not be needed at all.
The only people who still think that executions are "necessary" are bloodthirsty morons who are more interested in seeing someone die than seeing justice served.
TASKMASTER

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

In the Loony world,where executions are frowned on,they ,the LOONS,devised a "RUBE GOLDBERG" system...a Pharmaceutical contraption...Which often failed...and causing the opposite effect..To much time and to much pain!.

Dr. Kovorkin ,the doctor of death had a better way,and cheaper!

When my Big Shepard dog ,some years ago ,became helpless due to injury,I decided to Put him Down,Like Horses who also are put down...I held him ,as the Vet gave him the lethal shot...And for a Mini sec..the Dogs Face seemed to relax ...for a Milli second...he must have felt relief,no severe pain,....then it was over..very Quick..What ever the Vets use..seemed humane..instead of this stupid "Kabuki dance of death the LOONS advocate.
the making of a lethal cocktail..Not reliable,thats why the change!

Crushing,Flogging,Dismembering , Torturing,Falling from heights, The Axe, Poison,Impalement,Starving,Lio ns,Burning,Stabbing,hanging,Sh oting,Electrocution ,all work...but In The End.."DIEING LIKE A DOG" may not be so bad!

Of Course "CRUCIFIXION" in some cases makes sense to me!!

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

Judged:

Did he work for ACORN? Isn't that Obama's New Underage Prostitution Czar?

Sol

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

Judged:

The death penalty shouldn't be about "just rewards" and all that crap - it should be about setting an example for future perpetrators.

The thing you WANT to introduce is the concept of torture. Tell someone that they can look forward to a painless death no matter HOW many individuals they've killed, and that's a dead end. Actually, most states automatically convert a death sentence to life-without-parole anyway - which is a drain on the taxpayers and lets the murderers keep dragging-down the system,.

But tell them that they'll suffer for it - REALLY suffer until they die of natural causes - and it is hopefully going to make them think MANY TIMES OVER about whether or not they want to commit the crime to begin with.

Cowards aren't afraid to die painlessly, but they ARE shit-their-pants-scared of suffering unending pain. The idea of self-preservation will win out.

Take that wog at Fort Hood; he thinks it's honorable to die (and it would be painlessly, so its no effort on his part) for what he's done. So do his friends. Would he think it so attractive if he were hooked up to life support, tube-fed, and kept alive and screaming in pain, 24/7, until he screamed himself to death? No cheaper or more expensive than humanely killing him, but maybe sufficient to change the minds of other wogs(?).
Jim Trebowski wrote:
Which is a good argument against the death penalty. It also costs taxpayers more, and there's no evidence that it deters crime. Realistically, I can't say for sure that if it were my daughter that he raped and killed, that I wouldn't want the guy to be executed, but from an objective point of view, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of deterrence. In fact, states that do have the death penalty have higher murder rates. http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/deterrence-st...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Kenneth Cole Productions Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prison Guards Accused Of Beating Lebanon Inmate (Apr '09) Aug 18 Evangelina Gomez 37
L.A. Poised to Limit $1.5 Billion E-Cigarette I... Mar '14 andre 2
Houston Gay Rights Group Sues Over Same-Sex Ben... (Dec '13) Dec '13 The Worlds Bigges... 2
Manlius man arrested for drug possession (Aug '13) Aug '13 Dawn Rocobama 2
Gay Love Triangle Leads to Vicious Stabbing in ... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Bruce 4
kenneth cole productions has been de-listed fro... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Luther Patrick 1
$21M lawsuit filed in NY police shooting (Jul '12) Jul '12 Honestly 1

Search the Kenneth Cole Productions Forum:
•••