New Haven Register's owner goes bust

New Haven Register's owner goes bust

There are 5 comments on the Connecticut Post story from Feb 21, 2009, titled New Haven Register's owner goes bust. In it, Connecticut Post reports that:

Citing a drop in ad revenue, the Journal Register Co., owner of 20 daily newspapers, filed for bankruptcy protection this weekend from its creditors -- the third publisher to do so since December.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connecticut Post.

Steve

Piscataway, NJ

#1 Feb 22, 2009
The future is the internet. Make this part of the ConnPost work and you won't want to print on a press again!
Reader

Hamden, CT

#2 Feb 22, 2009
While the internet is a wonderful thing, there's nothing like reading the newspaper over breakfast. It would be awful if there were not printed newspapers. Not everyone wants to do every single thing online!

Hopefully JRC will sell the Register to a company that will rebuild it. It's not good for any newspaper when one fails.
Milford Citizetoo

Milford, CT

#4 Feb 22, 2009
Gary Rogo wrote:
The sports page of the NH Register is so far more superior than the CT Post. Reading the CT Post sports page is just like reading the sports page of the NY Post. The Register is so up on local New England sports as opposed to the CT Post just covering the NY sports.
"So up on local New England sports"! Dream on. The Register sports pages are for the reporters' favorite high school teams and no others. I would so love to see the New Haven Register give equal time to teams within its communities.
jose dominguez

Pauline, SC

#5 Feb 24, 2009
Well the paper is not what it once was...but certain writers and reporters are excellent...

One guy who is funny as hell is Joe Amarante
and another I luv is Randall Beach.

Good luck mi amigos!!
Club Gitmo

Hamden, CT

#6 Feb 24, 2009
Lets be honest, the Register has been a rotting corpse for years.

It will not be missed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Journal Register Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Announces Editorial Contest Winners Apr '16 public can loose too 1
News Announces Editorial Contest Winners (Jan '16) Mar '16 try 2
Kaduna state school of nursing form 2015 isoutc... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Dr Paul 1
Anambra state school of nursing form 2015 isout... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Dr Paul 1
Zaria state school of nursing form 2015 isoutca... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Dr Paul 1
Warri state school of nursing form 2015 isoutca... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Dr Paul 1
Kwara state school of nursing formisoutcall:_08... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Dr Paul 1
More from around the web