Journal Register Co. to Pay Out Extra...

Journal Register Co. to Pay Out Extra Week's Salary to Employees

There are 2 comments on the Editor & Publisher story from Nov 1, 2010, titled Journal Register Co. to Pay Out Extra Week's Salary to Employees. In it, Editor & Publisher reports that:

Journal Register Co. CEO John Paton reported on his blog this weekend that, with 11 weeks left in the financial year, the company is on track to meet its goal of $40 million in profit.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Editor & Publisher.

Just Wondering

New Baltimore, MI

#1 Nov 16, 2010
How much of this $4 mill is the result of outsourcing production from Michigan to Malaysia? I would think those who stand to get an extra week's pay would rather see their coworkers keep a job.
snoopy220

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Nov 16, 2010
so I am losing my 26 year job in Pennsylvania
when Mr Paton sees a profit. He'll soon find out they made a BIG mistake. He doesn't understand the relationship between newspaper staff and advertisers. They'll all soon learn very quickly they have made bad business decisions based on their wallets. How sad for newspapers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Journal Register Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Announces Editorial Contest Winners (Apr '16) Apr '16 public can loose too 1
News Announces Editorial Contest Winners (Jan '16) Mar '16 try 2
Kaduna state school of nursing form 2015 isoutc... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Dr Paul 1
Anambra state school of nursing form 2015 isout... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Dr Paul 1
Zaria state school of nursing form 2015 isoutca... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Dr Paul 1
Warri state school of nursing form 2015 isoutca... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Dr Paul 1
Kwara state school of nursing formisoutcall:_08... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Dr Paul 1
More from around the web